What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing

hellteam

First Grade
Ffs archer, you don't have to give 20 penalties a game, just give a few in the first ten min when everyone is lying all over everyone and it will deter them from doing it again. He's ruined the last few origins by not doing this

Ram Man

Juniors
The interpretation of the play the ball was a f___ing joke.

Dont get me wrong, NSW had their chance to win it, but f___ me the QLD boys were all over us in the ruck.

Forward pass was a joke as well, I could cop it if they were consistent because there could have been 50 more passes like it pulled up.

They really killed what could have been one of the best games of Origin footy in years (Not that it was a bad game but could have been better with competant ref).

Ladmate

Bench
Yeah, NSW were lying in the ruck and would have earnt 5 penalties at club level for that.

Ram Man

Juniors
Totally disagree.

We got WAY more leeway in lying on the player in the ruck. Qld were the ones being held back!!

Cameron Smith was working us over way more in the ruck than anyone else, they were probably better in getting dominante tackles and earnt the right to lay there longer, but I thought QLD were quicker out of the play the ball than us by a long way!

Hence Cameron Smith f___ing killed us from hooker all night!

Last edited:

jamoss

Juniors
the mid air tackle on dugan was text book, clearly should have been a penalty.. the thurston strip was 50/50 but on any other day would have been a penalty and the worst one was the pearce "forward pass".. wasnt forward at all.. I saw lots more forward passes thrown from cameron smith out of dummy half all night..

there's different degrees of bad decisions.. when you penalise pearce for the forward pass and its clearly not forward and NSW had already been at their end on the backfoot for so long, well the weight of the decision is a lot lot heavier. Those are the ones refs cant be getting wrong and people have every right to be upset about..

abpanther

Staff member
I don't wanna bag the refs, but man they were pretty lopsided.

The missed strip, they call Pearce's pass forward and then don't call 1-2 QLD ones, plus they allowed QLD to lie all over the ruck.

HOpefully we get the same treatment in game 2

MightyBronco

Juniors
NSW breaking from the scrum 10 seconds too early...then both teams did it for every scrum thereafter.

The players know Archer wont blow penalties. So they disregard the rule book and do their own thing.

gUt

Coach
I think the bad calls favoured the Maroons. I agree that Smith throws a lot of borderline passes from dummy half.