What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REFEREES and the 2005 Premiership...

Dog-E

Juniors
...One of them - and you can take your pick which one as there isn't a decent selection amongst them - is going to decide this year's Premiership - COUNT on it!!

Paul Simpkins had an ab-so-lute SHOCKER tonight! Didn't have a clue what was going on - at any stage! :lol:

And his linesmen were - if anything - more useless than him! This, a mere 2 weeks out from the Big One!

Mark my words here - A poor refereeing decision will decide this seasons' Premiers in the GF - I am sure of it! It's merely a matter of WHEN - and to WHOM!

Quite sadly ironic that in the so-called 'The Best Season of Football Ever' we have had 'THE Worst Season of Refereeing Ever!"

Just deadset disgraceful some of it...Paul Simpkins - hang your head ya great big MELON!!!!!!!!

aussies1st

Staff member
The standards of 2005 refs has been pathetic. A lot more teams have been cost games because of a bad call by the ref or video ref.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I believe Jason Robinson is a good ref, he made a few costly mistakes this year I think but hasnt every done so. Why havent they given him a fair go? He's been then these d1kcheads in the finals. :x

Smartman

Juniors
Hope the Cowboys dont get Simpkins next week, nearly screwed them over tonight and did so last year in the Prelim.

I would figure hes public enemy #1 up there in Townsville.

Dog-E

Juniors
How Simpleton Simpkins missed that Bell drpopped ball for the try he awarded to him - will puzzle me until the day I die...Simpkins was standing just about on f*cking TOP of that tackle...couldn't have been any closer unless he was playing 'stacks on' with the players - and yet, he STILL missed it!

Un-be-freakin-LIEVABLE!!!

These things happen, I accept that - But Simpkins has been p*ss-poor all season long - And as I said - we are just 2 weeks out from the big game now - and these sorts of fundamental errors are UNFORGIVEABLE!

Unacceptable Simpkins...just thoroughly unacceptable. My team is out so I at the end of the day, don't really care WHO wins now - though I am on the Tigers...but I don't want to see any team win on a dud call - whoever wins I want it to be on their own merits...And I just think as a Rugby League purist - that from what I have seen from the officials this season - that I will be robbed of this scenario this year!...Which will be tragic. :(

MrSharky

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Well if you won a few more games you would still be there! That aint Simpkins' fault!:lol:

Actually it was Simpkins who denied the Vagana try in rd.7 to cost us the game v the Broncos...

:cool:

Dog-E

Juniors
MrSharky said:
Actually it was Simpkins who denied the Vagana try in rd.7 to cost us the game v the Broncos...

:lol:

Oh COME on!!!

Whether Simpleton Simpkins cost u 2pts back in rnd 7 is completely immaterial...U still MADE the semis though - and did feck all!

Refs have cost EVERY team something this season...which up until now has just about evened itself out - but now the business end of the season is here - it's all-of-a-sudden a much bigger issue - and that's the problem!

Carlito

Juniors
During the first half, melbourne put up a bomb on the left side of the field, the NQ defender jumped up and knocked it back, and King pounced on it. I (and King it looked like) thought it was 6 again but king was ordered to turn over the ball. Did anyone else see it this way, or did i miss something?

MrSharky

Juniors
Dog-E said:
:lol:

Oh COME on!!!

Whether Simpleton Simpkins cost u 2pts back in rnd 7 is completely immaterial...U still MADE the semis though - and did feck all!

Refs have cost EVERY team something this season...which up until now has just about evened itself out - but now the business end of the season is here - it's all-of-a-sudden a much bigger issue - and that's the problem!

That decision cost my team a whole game, and 2 points; a rarity compared to decisions that cost a team far less

It may have affected the outcome over the rest of the season, and where we ended up after 26 rounds...

And we were easily the most competitive of the losers so far... so don't give me that "feck all" tripe...

BWNB

First Grade
I think the refs are going to cost a team glory in the premiership, the refs did give the sharks a early break with a descarceful discion makes me blood boil