What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referees

What do you think of the refereeing this season?

• Its been of a high standard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its been ok, not the best but not that bad

• Its been an absolute joke

• Total voters

Jamesy

Juniors
What do you guys think of the referees this season?? I posted this after the Dragons v Broncos game on another forum:

DISGRACEFUL

Not only did our players play bad, Referee Sean Ha,pstead was a bloody disgrace. 2 weeks ago i didn't know why he was dropped from origin honours. After last night i now know why. Players, from both sides but more notably the broncos, weren't getting back the ten. There were about a 'thousand' forward passes that lead to bronco tries. If I was Robert Finch, I wouold be having a good hard look at his referees this season. This is the first time i have had a whinge about the referees and its not just because the Dragons lost because i've done it when we've won.

The refs have not been bad but Hampstead is a tool and like bloody hitler in his decisions !!.

:twisted: :evil:

Razor

Coach
Pitiful. If the referees decided to concentrate on the game instead of thinking of something funny to say, they'll do a much better job.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Hampstead did a good job last night st george just suck hot and cold like always...

innsaneink

Referee
Wezman007 said:
What do you guys think of the referees this season?? I posted this after the Dragons v Broncos game on another forum:

DISGRACEFUL

Not only did our players play bad, Referee Sean Ha,pstead was a bloody disgrace. 2 weeks ago i didn't know why he was dropped from origin honours. After last night i now know why. Players, from both sides but more notably the broncos, weren't getting back the ten. There were about a 'thousand' forward passes that lead to bronco tries. If I was Robert Finch, I wouold be having a good hard look at his referees this season. This is the first time i have had a whinge about the referees and its not just because the Dragons lost because i've done it when we've won.
Pfffffft!! :roll: You dunno what getting ripped off by the ref is, mate!
Saints were monstered by the Broncs, who handled and played the conditions far better.

Jamesy

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Wezman007 said:

DISGRACEFUL

Saints were monstered by the Broncs, who handled and played the conditions far better.

Like i said mate, I've been saying it all season that the refs are dogcrap. I saw it whether we win or not. Yeah the broncos outplayed us and didn't make as many stupid mistakes as the dragons and I never said that it was all the referees fault. The only loss by the dragons where I solely blamed the ref was the cowboys game. I think Robert Finch needs to by a couple of mirrors and make the refs stand in front of them for a couple of hours so they can have a good hard look at themselves. Give me a friggen black and whit striped shirt and i reckon i could do a better job with a blindfold on. THE REFEREES THIS SEASON STINK. I think Hoppa was right on the money when he asked that ref why he bacame a ref, was it because he couldn't play good enough (or something like that).

budz

Juniors
Wezman007 said:
innsaneink said:
Wezman007 said:

DISGRACEFUL

Like i said mate, I've been saying it all season that the refs are dogcrap. I saw it whether we win or not. Yeah the broncos outplayed us and didn't make as many stupid mistakes as the dragons and I never said that it was all the referees fault. The only loss by the dragons where I solely blamed the ref was the cowboys game. I think Robert Finch needs to by a couple of mirrors and make the refs stand in front of them for a couple of hours so they can have a good hard look at themselves. Give me a friggen black and whit striped shirt and i reckon i could do a better job with a blindfold on. THE REFEREES THIS SEASON STINK. I think Hoppa was right on the money when he asked that ref why he bacame a ref, was it because he couldn't play good enough (or something like that).
Ahhhhh...........such a typical arrogant fool. You think you are king shit as usual, and another fool that thinks they can do a better job! Now i really do wonder why the lot of you whingers dont become referees? If you can do a better job, get off your lazy fat ass and lets see u go and referee!! Possibly cause of the shit pay? Getting treated shit by players and fans? The pressure? I can guarantee you that when the pressure is on you for a decision in any sport, it is a lot tougher than watching from the side lines!
Now unless fools like you are actually willing to increase the number of referees, which will lead to an increase in the standard of referees, stop your whinging. Because these referees are the best we have. I think it shows a lack in the number of referees in our sport.

Jono078

Referee
Im not suprised that noone has voted for "its been of a high standard". Most of the mistakes the refs make (expecially the sideline refs) lead to Try's. I hope this is not the case when it comes to finals.

of the games I have seen the Ref's have been very good, but not having Pay TV for the last 2 months I haven't seen a lot of footy.

Jamesy

Juniors
budz said:
Wezman007 said:
innsaneink said:
Wezman007 said:

DISGRACEFUL

Ahhhhh...........such a typical arrogant fool. You think you are king sh*t as usual, and another fool that thinks they can do a better job! Now i really do wonder why the lot of you whingers dont become referees? If you can do a better job, get off your lazy fat ass and lets see u go and referee!! Possibly cause of the sh*t pay? Getting treated sh*t by players and fans? The pressure? I can guarantee you that when the pressure is on you for a decision in any sport, it is a lot tougher than watching from the side lines!
Now unless fools like you are actually willing to increase the number of referees, which will lead to an increase in the standard of referees, stop your whinging. Because these referees are the best we have. I think it shows a lack in the number of referees in our sport.

As a matter of fact you imbicile, I am a bloody referee and I have been refing for about 3 years now. And with all of the technology, they shouldn't be getting it wrong. We spend our hard earned money to go and watch the footy and I believe that we should be getting good quality refs and the refs aren't performing, just like players do, drop them to the lower grades and let some ref who is doin a good job in PL ref 1st grade.

[furrycat]

Coach
Hampstead was fine last night, not his fault St George wanted to throw the ball away. Are you gonna be like the other dragons supporters and go "Riddell shouldnt have gone on report or be penalised?"

Throwing someone on their head... Yeah that's about as legal as me beating you over the head with a shovel, we all wish we could but rules are rules.. Hampstead was fine.

westie

Bench
Wezman007 said:
budz said:
Wezman007 said:
innsaneink said:
Wezman007 said:

DISGRACEFUL

Ahhhhh...........such a typical arrogant fool. You think you are king sh*t as usual, and another fool that thinks they can do a better job! Now i really do wonder why the lot of you whingers dont become referees? If you can do a better job, get off your lazy fat ass and lets see u go and referee!! Possibly cause of the sh*t pay? Getting treated sh*t by players and fans? The pressure? I can guarantee you that when the pressure is on you for a decision in any sport, it is a lot tougher than watching from the side lines!

As a matter of fact you imbicile, I am a bloody referee and I have been refing for about 3 years now. And with all of the technology, they shouldn't be getting it wrong. We spend our hard earned money to go and watch the footy and I believe that we should be getting good quality refs and the refs aren't performing, just like players do, drop them to the lower grades and let some ref who is doin a good job in PL ref 1st grade.

You said you could do a better job. Why then are you not reffing NRL?

salivor

First Grade
Yawn, wheres that which supporters are the biggest whingers thread?
Simple fact is that the Broncos were the far superior side last night. The Saints could've done themselves some favours and not made such simplistic errors like dropping the ball cold several times in the play the ball area.
Hampstead didn't do the Broncos any favours either, one ridiculous decision was the call on Tallis for supposedly kneeing the ball out of a Saints players hands in the play the ball.

Razor

Coach
Hampstead didn't do the Broncos any favours either, one ridiculous decision was the call on Tallis for supposedly kneeing the ball out of a Saints players hands in the play the ball.

Doesn't matter if you agree with the rule or not (personally I think that rule is a joke), but according to the rules as written that should have been a penalty (a joke yes, but the rules need to be changed to the way they used to be)

hotsnow

Juniors
salivor said:
Yawn, wheres that which supporters are the biggest whingers thread?
Simple fact is that the Broncos were the far superior side last night. The Saints could've done themselves some favours and not made such simplistic errors like dropping the ball cold several times in the play the ball area.
So you're saying Hamstead was good in your first paragraph, then saying he's bad in your second. :?

I didn't see Wezman007 blaming saints loss on him - we all know they lost by turning over too much possession - he was just saying Hamstead had a poor game as ref.

Latest posts