What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referees

What do you think of the refereeing this season?

• Its been of a high standard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its been ok, not the best but not that bad

• Its been an absolute joke

• Total voters

greeneyed

First Grade
Tim Mander must be the worst performed ref this season... mainly because he has descended so far ........

His performance tonight at Canberra Stadium was all around AWFUL..... the number of Cowboys forward passes missed was a disgrace.... but he had innumerable rulings against BOTH sides that he missed... badly.

***MH***

Bench
People are so quick to judge. I guess it's just easier to blame a referee for a teams loss instead of themselves. Referee's can make as much errors as the players do on the field, we are human arn't we!

But the main focus here shouldn't be about mistakes that referees make, if it were.... the holden half-time would have a summary of all the missed penalties and knock-ons that the ref made instead of the teams errors and missed tackles.

It's how a team deals with the decisions made that makes the difference between winning and losing. If a team has an attitude where that they feel that all the penalties are going against them for no reason at all, they're going to become frustrated and sink into quicksand (for those that have watched The Replacements with Keanu Reeves would know what that means). A team that accepts the decision, deals with it and just plays the game, will overcome these "bad decisions" that are made and will often be rewarded.

Teams that burden themselves with decisions that they can't control are going to stuff up the part of the game that they can control. Referees do the same, they ref on what they can control, and don't let the things that they can't control get to them.

budz

Juniors
westie said:
You said you could do a better job. Why then are you not reffing NRL?
:lol: :lol: You beat me to it!!
So Wezman, what level do you referee at?? If you are as good as you say then u should be right up the top by now. And what you have to remember is that the referees in the NRL have to referee a much faster game, not bloody U9s. And with real pressure. Not with parents giving u shit from the sideline.

salivor

First Grade
hotsnow said:
salivor said:
Yawn, wheres that which supporters are the biggest whingers thread?
Simple fact is that the Broncos were the far superior side last night. The Saints could've done themselves some favours and not made such simplistic errors like dropping the ball cold several times in the play the ball area.
Hampstead didn't do the Broncos any favours either, one ridiculous decision was the call on Tallis for supposedly kneeing the ball out of a Saints players hands in the play the ball.
So you're saying Hamstead was good in your first paragraph, then saying he's bad in your second. :?

I didn't see Wezman007 blaming saints loss on him - we all know they lost by turning over too much possession - he was just saying Hamstead had a poor game as ref.

Actually I didn't even mention Hampstead in my first paragraph so I'm baffled as to where I said he was good. I hate to break it to you but if you play it backwards there is still no hidden message praising Mr Bean.

Wezman whinged about the Broncos prodominantly being offside more than the Saints and not getting pinged for it and then he went on to whinge about a "thousand" forward passes leading to Broncos tries. That's a dead set moan if I've ever heard one and trying to make excuses for the blown out scoreline when the reality was that only one team turned up to play and heres a hint, it wasn't the Dragons.

Jamesy

Juniors
budz said:
westie said:
So Wezman, what level do you referee at?? If you are as good as you say then u should be right up the top by now. And what you have to remember is that the referees in the NRL have to referee a much faster game, not bloody U9s. And with real pressure. Not with parents giving u sh*t from the sideline.

I'm a level 1 referee at present and you have to be at least a level 3 referee for NRL. Beacuse I am only 17, I can only be the man in the middle for up 2 under 15, but i have refereed higher than that :? And by the way, I didn't say I was the best referee in the world. I refereed the GF last year in my local area and it was the best thing i have ever done. It was so cool. Are you a referee Westie or Budz??

Lang Park

Juniors
:lol: only makes up a poll after his team is easily beaten,why not a poll about the refs last week or the week b4.

budz

Juniors
Wezman007 said:
budz said:
westie said:
So Wezman, what level do you referee at?? If you are as good as you say then u should be right up the top by now. And what you have to remember is that the referees in the NRL have to referee a much faster game, not bloody U9s. And with real pressure. Not with parents giving u sh*t from the sideline.

I'm a level 1 referee at present and you have to be at least a level 3 referee for NRL. Beacuse I am only 17, I can only be the man in the middle for up 2 under 15, but i have refereed higher than that :? And by the way, I didn't say I was the best referee in the world. I refereed the GF last year in my local area and it was the best thing i have ever done. It was so cool. Are you a referee Westie or Budz??
No i am not a referee, but im not the one whinging about how they make stupid mistakes etc. Well mate, u will have to keep us updated as you make it up the ranks to become a NRL ref. We will see how you take the pressure when you have the media on your back.