What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reflection on the season

Dave Q

Coach
cooteville said:
Well the bunnies did ok, any other thoughts?:eek:

I'm just waiting for the grand final to be finalised, although it already looks like being a complete dog, then I'll write up the season as I saw it.

"ok" is just a bit of understatement!:cool:

I'm putting this forum on notice that just beacuse summer is on the horizon, doesnt mean one doesnt wear a jersey or training T at every appropriate opportunity!

We are at war people, on a full time basis, until 21.

Now get out there and capture hearts and minds.

Its up to us all here to enrich and improve the otherwise dull and meaningless existence of supporters who follow other clubs.

dikefalos

Juniors
hey dave how did you like manlys performance against the cowgirls last night. i thought it was a mirror performance to our victory against the bunnies.

Dave Q

Coach
dikefalos said:
hey dave how did you like manlys performance against the cowgirls last night. i thought it was a mirror performance to our victory against the bunnies.

Orford tried his woofta dive and the ref told him to fug off with himself.

Other than that, it was like watching a fish (NQ) slowly suffocate.

Manly won, I suppose every dog has its day.

If the teams are going to play like that in the GF, I'm going outside to watch the grass grow.

Lets hope the eels win to add some glamour to the proceedings, even if they are coached by a living muppett.

Sugar

Bench
dikefalos said:
do you like any other team other than the bunnies or do you just hate them all.
1 team to love 15 teams to hate.
South Sydney till I die
South Sydney till I die
I know I am
Im sure I am
South Sydney till I die

SethGecko

Juniors

Probably a good idea to get an impartial view on Souths season..... takes thee emotion out of it. Thats why businesses call in consultants to see how things can be done better or why things are going wrong.

I'm a Manly supporter so here goes.

Damn good season Souths had. A new administration not living in the past did it. It bought the dollars and the sense of belief in the future that meant Souths could buy the Asotasis and co. You've bought your way back into the comp and thats great. Good to see Souths finally coming up to speed. No easy 2 points anymore.

Good start to the season and everyone jumped on the bandwagon before the mid season slump. Could defend with the best of them but attack let Souths down. This may be allieviated by Craig Wing next year but I have a feeling his best may be behind him. He'll be 29 and has not looked like the Wing of old for a long time. Maybe he's played as well for Souths as he ever will. He was a killer back then. Still...... good buy badly announced.

Did well to make the semis for the first time in eons. From a Manly supporters point of view I was damn happy to be having Souths journeying to Brookie week one as it seemed that making the semis was mission acomplished. The game eventually reflected that. Next year Souths will have loftier goals and that will be a great thing.

So all in all a good season and great to see Souths buy back in. It's been too long.
2008 should be good.

PS: Aint no shame bowing out to Manly. We have a dang fine footy team that will take a Melbourne with it's game face on and A+ game happening to beat come Sunday.

Souths a force again is great for league.

Dave Q

Coach
SethGecko said:
Probably a good idea to get an impartial view on Souths season..... takes thee emotion out of it. Thats why businesses call in consultants to see how things can be done better or why things are going wrong.

Damn good season Souths had. A new administration not living in the past did it. It bought the dollars and the sense of belief in the future that meant Souths could buy the Asotasis and co. You've bought your way back into the comp and thats great. Good to see Souths finally coming up to speed. No easy 2 points anymore.

Good start to the season and everyone jumped on the bandwagon before the mid season slump. Could defend with the best of them but attack let Souths down. This may be allieviated by Craig Wing next year but I have a feeling his best may be behind him. He'll be 29 and has not looked like the Wing of old for a long time. Maybe he's played as well for Souths as he ever will. He was a killer back then. Still...... good buy badly announced.

Did well to make the semis for the first time in eons. From a Manly supporters point of view I was damn happy to be having Souths journeying to Brookie week one as it seemed that making the semis was mission acomplished. The game eventually reflected that. Next year Souths will have loftier goals and that will be a great thing.

So all in all a good season and great to see Souths buy back in. It's been too long.
2008 should be good.

PS: Aint no shame bowing out to Manly. We have a dang fine footy team that will take a Melbourne with it's game face on and A+ game happening to beat come Sunday.

Noble sentiments although a few difficulties springing up in articulation. Thats Ok.

Manly will wiin the GF.

Dave Q

Coach
dikefalos said:
do you like any other team other than the bunnies or do you just hate them all.

Where did I say I hated other teams?

I simply regard them as something akin a a flop in a tackle.

Uneccessary, unsightly and prone to attracting penalties.

There is only club one worthy of commanding the love, respect and honour of people everywhere.

There is only one club that enriches the spirit and leads all others.

Only one club worthy...

All who face her, they bow in her prescence...

South Sydney

With my last dying breath I shall honour thy name and all those who carry her spirit deep within.

Immovable and resolute, we shall not blink, we shall have but one mistress in this sport for all of eternity.

We shall not die.

SethGecko

Juniors
Dave Q said:
Noble sentiments although a few difficulties springing up in articulation. Thats Ok.

Manly will wiin the GF.

Thanks Dave. I recon so too but if not then an asskicker of a season anyway.

Sugar

Bench
SethGecko said:

2008 should be good.

Nice work Geck:)

Latest posts