What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refs for Rd5

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Players have been known to do the same...... at my count there was three. As the head official it is his responsibility. Seems by being "rested" that the powers that be may agree.

Every referee makes mistakes, just as the players do.
But if you count the amount of games that referees and players mistakes cost teams games, the average would be more in the favour of players.

I remember whinging about referees when I was in year 7 or 8.
I think I was 13.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Every referee makes mistakes, just as the players do.
But if you count the amount of games that referees and players mistakes cost teams games, the average would be more in the favour of players.

With 7 referees and 238 players I reckon you might be right Suity. :roll:

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:

If that's the case and it's so obvious, there seems to be a lot of dumb people on this board, eh Colonel?

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
If that's the case and it's so obvious, there seems to be a lot of dumb people on this board, eh Colonel?

Suity

I think there are just a lot who expect the match officials to know the rules.... and maybe a few who expect everyone to share their view on it all.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
I think there are just a lot who expect the match officials to know the rules.... and maybe a few who expect everyone to share their view on it all.

Huh?

I would expect EVERYONE to expect the former. It just doesn't always work out that way though.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Huh?

I would expect EVERYONE to expect the former. It just doesn't always work out that way though.

Suity

So why can't people vent their frustration about it?

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
So why can't people vent their frustration about it?

They can. That's fine.
It's when they blame the referee for our losses that sh*ts me.

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Please note, revised video referee appointments. Tim Mander is now on Sunday’s Eels v Panthers game and Chris Ward is to do Friday night’s match.

just so's you know

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
They can. That's fine.
It's when they blame the referee for our losses that sh*ts me.

Suity

I think the Riddell no try in the end cost us the game and that came down to a referees interpretation that plenty agreed, and not just Eels fans, was controversial. A 2 point lead that became a 10 point deficit sure had a big bearing on the game.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
I think the Riddell no try in the end cost us the game and that came down to a referees interpretation that plenty agreed, and not just Eels fans, was controversial. A 2 point lead that became a 10 point deficit sure had a big bearing on the game.

It was the video referee.

And it may well have. But it may not have as well.

I could just as easily say that the soft try before half time after HINDY'S mistake and the unanswered play the ball after half time cost us the game.
That's 12 points, let alone the soft defence for the other two tries.

I just won't buy it Colonel.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
It was the video referee.

And it may well have. But it may not have as well.

I could just as easily say that the soft try before half time after HINDY'S mistake and the unanswered play the ball after half time cost us the game.
That's 12 points, let alone the soft defence for the other two tries.

I just won't buy it Colonel.

Suity

As has been argued you could question a couple of the decisions there as well. You may not buy it Suity. Others do. Thats why we have discussions and people can whinge away.

sportive cupid

Referee
The Colonel said:
But there is usually only 1-2 players involved in any one mistake so it would seems the ratios are far more even.
Colonel you said that the people on this board shoudl be allowed to vent their frustrations at what they perceive as a misjustice.That is true ,yet I fail to see how anyone (eg Suity) commenting back is a negation of this right.
My frustration comes from the opinion that the ref decisions are the cause of a defeat.This is something I have seen alot at junior footy matches where the coach will say to the kids"the ref is sh*t" and will constantly call out and challenge a ref decision.I feel the kids learn nothing about improving their game from such displays and so the coach is letting them down
How is this related to the topic at hand? Well I knwo that the ref made some debatable decisions on Friday night, but to focus on them rather than the performance of the players is to the detriment of the team ,not the improvement of the ref.

The Colonel

Immortal
sportive cupid said:
But there is usually only 1-2 players involved in any one mistake so it would seems the ratios are far more even.
Colonel you said that the people on this board shoudl be allowed to vent their frustrations at what they perceive as a misjustice.That is true ,yet I fail to see how anyone (eg Suity) commenting back is a negation of this right.
My frustration comes from the opinion that the ref decisions are the cause of a defeat.This is something I have seen alot at junior footy matches where the coach will say to the kids"the ref is sh*t" and will constantly call out and challenge a ref decision.I feel the kids learn nothing about improving their game from such displays and so the coach is letting them down

I'd suggest talking to the coaches. It happens in every sport. I'm not a big fan of it but it happens.

How is this related to the topic at hand? Well I knwo that the ref made some debatable decisions on Friday night, but to focus on them rather than the performance of the players is to the detriment of the team ,not the improvement of the ref.

The performance of the players is always under question. Every so often the ref comes under fire. People want to focus on what they want to. Shouldn't matter if they do or not. I'm fail to see how you consider what gets posted on here to be of detriment to the team.

sportive cupid

Referee
Well Colonel,it is a pity that you chose to seperate my post in that way.My comment was about focussing on the performance of the ref in both the junior league and the NRL. The earlier antedotal story about the juniors served to illustrate how focussing on reffereeing can do nothing to enhance to future performances of players at any level.

The Colonel

Immortal
sportive cupid said:
Well Colonel,it is a pity that you chose to seperate my post in that way.My comment was about focussing on the performance of the ref in both the junior league and the NRL. The earlier antedotal story about the juniors served to illustrate how focussing on reffereeing can do nothing to enhance to future performances of players at any level.

And? In the end the player performance is hardly going to affected by what gets posted on this forum.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
And? In the end the player performance is hardly going to affected by what gets posted on this forum.

That's another thread Colonel. Or, another two threads.

Suity

Latest posts