What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref's needed

Stranger

Coach
Balmain needs some Junior refs for this season desperately. Currently we do not have enough ref's to place touchies on Sidelines for games as old as 15's.

It is paid work, and tax free. Training on Tuesday nights, and games are on sundays with the occasionaly Friday night. Great way to make mates and a great experience.

PM me if interested.

Cheers, Stranger.

innsaneink

Referee
No touchies last week at juniors game.....surely its not impossible just to get a rep from either side to do each line each game, would be better than none at all. Or is red tape an issue?

Stranger

Coach
:lol:, generally i ask each team to supply a touchie, but its getting crazy... no touchies on 14's games... big ask for the man in the middle.

BTW ink, im back refin. Where was your boy at this weekend?

innsaneink

Referee
We was at King George, beat Coppers 36-0...he got his first try for the year not counting trials. I noticed another new rule, team gets the option when awarded a penalty...kick for line or free 10m?

Stranger said:
Balmain needs some Junior refs for this season desperately. Currently we do not have enough ref's to place touchies on Sidelines for games as old as 15's.

It is paid work, and tax free. Training on Tuesday nights, and games are on sundays with the occasionaly Friday night. Great way to make mates and a great experience.

PM me if interested.

Cheers, Stranger.

i was wondering how it could be deemed tax free though - do refs also get paid for travel i.e atrate x km's??

Balmain_Boy

Hmm, refereeing has been something i've meant to give a try for a long while now. Don't have any accreditation though - from memory I wouldn't be able to by the end of this season either.

smeghead

Bench
This was meant to be a serious discussion of the need for reffs in junior comps. No need to sully it with your idiotic comments you dropkick

Stranger

Coach
For those interested
Courses next Thursday 10th at Balmain Leagues Club starting at 7:00pm.

Ink said:
We was at King George, beat Coppers 36-0...he got his first try for the year not counting trials. I noticed another new rule, team gets the option when awarded a penalty...kick for line or free 10m?
At age group 10's? I don't give the 10m option, i just say Kick for touch or tap.

innsaneink

Referee
Stranger said:
For those interested
Courses next Thursday 10th at Balmain Leagues Club starting at 7:00pm.

At age group 10's? I don't give the 10m option, i just say Kick for touch or tap.
Not 10's...u 11'S. What do you mean you dont give the option? Isnt it a rule now?

I watched our 10s yesterday get the option...they took a free 10 m.

Our game was next and our first penalty we didnt get an option, had to tap it where the penalty was given.
Is it for every penalty ....or just certain ones...or not the first penalty....or only in ur own half, or did he just forget this new rule?

Stranger

Coach
Depends on the field Ink. Take Holy Cross main when you play full field. You can Kick for touch (KFT) to the crowd, but you cannot KFT on the other side. When you can't KFT you either tap or take the 10.

There are certian circumstances that mean we cannot allow teams to KFT. For eg. The field is close to the road...

So basically if it is possible to KFT you can't take the 10m but if you can't kick for touch you have the option of the 10.

Do you understand?

innsaneink

Referee
Yeah I understand totally, but the instance Im talking about was at TG Milner, and as i said the option was given in the previous game, our game next, diff ref...no option.
Maybe he forgot.

Where you reffin this w/end?

Stranger

Coach
Havent got our appointments for this weekend yet, though ill let you know.

Well in that instance *gulp* the ref was wrong. :lol: No 10m option unless there is a ground reason that conflicts with the KFT option.

innsaneink

Referee
Stranger said:
Havent got our appointments for this weekend yet, though ill let you know.

Well in that instance *gulp* the ref was wrong. :lol: No 10m option unless there is a ground reason that conflicts with the KFT option.

:lol: Wouldnt be a first

Im alreadly only 4 weeks in noticing a marked increase in aggro between 10's and 11's, lots more of refslaying down the law, thryeve already had a game with 2 sent off...got pumped that day but at least our bloke won the biff.

Stranger

Coach
The 11's where it gets serious and the 13's/14's is where the start to take their anger out on the ref resulting in alot more binning and send-offs.

Was running a touchline in a 17's match the other day. Holy Cross v One of the St George teams. Some of the best hits ive seen and all legal.

Siro 7's 2morro all day.

Stranger

Coach
Paul Sirro was at the tribunal last monday from what i heard today :lol:

Had a bit of a chat to the big man today.

alien

Referee
smeghead said:
This was meant to be a serious discussion of the need for reffs in junior comps. No need to sully it with your idiotic comments you dropkick

:shock: No I was serious, he actually was interested. :lol:

smeghead

Bench
Than why didn't he post? He has a LU account.

More of your usual crap dropkick. Now scurry along and let these other folk talk about the actual topic