What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding that sign at last nights game.

Serb Dragon

Juniors
To that idiot at last nights game holding up a sign for brown to stand down, i think i can speak freely for most loyal dragons that you should well and truly piss off. It was a bloody disgrace to see that coming from someone at our camp. Get a life you wanker....

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Brown couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. He should have been sacked a long time ago. It looks inevitable that he will be replaced as head coach now so let's move on to bigger things.

Peter Doust. It's time to go son, get on your bike, and get the f**k out!

Mong

Post Whore
I didn't see anything wrong with it.. Last nights performance characterises the club for a while now.. Brown obviously can't change it.. Stand down Brown

juanfarkall

Coach
Serb Dragon said:
To that idiot at last nights game holding up a sign for brown to stand down, i think i can speak freely for most loyal dragons that you should well and truly piss off. It was a bloody disgrace to see that coming from someone at our camp. Get a life you wanker....

no offence dude but...

I doubt very much that you are speaking for most if indeed many loyal dragons.
Certainly you do not speak for me or many of the fans who I know.
Generally we feel sorry for Brown but also feel that he is not quite up to the job.
I would also add that most of us also lay the blame on our current Board for the current state of play.

Having said that most of us are also pretty accepting of the conflicting views of other Dragons. I may disagree strongly with your attack on another fan, but I can also understand your defence of Brown.

Serb Dragon

Juniors
no no..your not understanding me, i apologise if i expressed it wrong. my point is, do we really as dragons fans, need to advertise our pain via placards at a dragons game, it really cant be good for moral if you get my drift. it was not an attempt to defend brown as you perceived it.

_Johnsy

Referee
he paid for his ticket, he can protest via a sign at the footy if he wishes. Don't have an issue with the sign.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Serb Dragon said:
no no..your not understanding me, i apologise if i expressed it wrong. my point is, do we really as dragons fans, need to advertise our pain via placards at a dragons game, it really cant be good for moral if you get my drift. it was not an attempt to defend brown as you perceived it.
Well it is one way for people to express themselves, and freedom of expression is something that we should encourage. You don't always have to agree with it of course. Mind you have the same freedom to express your dissatisfaction with the sign - as you done here.

How's that for deluxe fence sitting? lol

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Btw, this is the sign:

2008_03_01crowd.jpg

And yes, after a great deal mucking around, my video capture card is working again. The Jubilee Av / SOTV pics will back next week.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
P.S.
This is still me favourite sign...

2005_20_01crowd.jpg

From 2005. I understand the lad had it taken off him by ground staff. It never got on TV.

It caused quite a stir at the time with some shire keyboard heroes wanting to go the biff. lol

RedVDave

First Grade
Willow said:
Btw, this is the sign:

2008_03_01crowd.jpg

And yes, after a great deal mucking around, my video capture card is working again. The Jubilee Av / SOTV pics will back next week.

Awesome I look forward to it Will was actually about to ask you! but not to worry cheers!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
_Johnsy said:
would you have the "stoopid eagles" one somewhere willow. My all time favourite.
Just for you Johnsy.

Btw... you spelled it wrong. lol

2001_06stoopid.jpg

(From round 6, 2001)

Willow said:
Btw, this is the sign:

2008_03_01crowd.jpg

What card do you use?

I'm building a computer right now and am looking at various video cards.

Serb Dragon said:
Serb,

At the end of the day that guy's an active supporter. He makes banners, travels to games all over the state and supports the team vocally at the ground. That's what our club and League in general needs. People that actually get out there, not just talk sh*te at the pub or on the net.

There was a fan organised bus that went down yesterday with a full capacity of 50 people. It was probably the biggest Army turnout in Canberra since '99. Better to give attention to that then to some sign you werent happ with.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Follow Me Up To Carlton said:
What card do you use?

I'm building a computer right now and am looking at various video cards.
Currently I'm using Pinnacle Studio 11 software and finally got it work with an old Pinnacle PCTV capture card that I found in the cupboard. The card is 7 years old btw, solved the problems I was having. I'm sure there is a modern card from Pinnacle.

The Studio 11 software is brand new and was supposed to work with USB adapters, and it did on an old laptop. I got a brand new PC and it just wasn't right (bad frame frequency, or in black and white, crap resolution etc). The geeks who sold the PC to me were dumbfounded, which is a common thing. So I kept trying different things to fix it and yesterday arvo it all clicked.

Willow said:
Currently I'm using Pinnacle Studio 11 software and finally got it work with an old Pinnacle PCTV capture card that I found in the cupboard. The card is 7 years old btw, solved the problems I was having. I'm sure there is a modern card from Pinnacle.

The Studio 11 software is brand new and was supposed to work with USB adapters, and it did on an old laptop. I got a brand new PC and it just wasn't right (bad frame frequency, or in black and white, crap resolution etc). The geeks who sold the PC to me were dumbfounded, which is a common thing. So I kept trying different things to fix it and yesterday arvo it all clicked.
Cheers.

Your issues sound familiar lol. Seriously considered converting to a Mac this time round. Damn Microsoft, just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Willow said:
P.S.
This is still me favourite sign...

2005_20_01crowd.jpg

From 2005. I understand the lad had it taken off him by ground staff. It never got on TV.

It caused quite a stir at the time with some shire keyboard heroes wanting to go the biff. lol

:lol: That was classic. The Fuzz took it off him.

The reaction from the inbreds on this board was funnier, claiming it was disgusting after the London bombings. Like they gave a sh*t all of a sudden. :lol: