What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remember the Titans-Kiwi connection

C

CanadianSteve

That's probably a typical amount of Hollywood changes to a true-life story. Not too bad really, I don't think it detracts from the movie.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Here are the reels I don't understand. Why wouldn't they go with the reals instead?
1. In Reel Life: The team leaves for camp Aug. 15. They've yet to practice together.
2. In Reel Life: Alexandria, Va., is depicted as a town torn apart by racial tensions, and the forced integration of two high schools -- one all-black, one all-white, forms the core conflict of the movie.
3. In Reel Life: Boone tells Yoast that he has won four or five championships down in Carolina.
4. In Reel Life: Gerry gets into a terrible car accident before the championship game, and is paralyzed.
5. In Reel Life: The Titans' first game is against Haywood, the second against Herndon, the third against Groveton ...
6. In Reel Life: Before the first game, Coach Boone gives the team a pep talk: "Like all the other schools in this conference, they're all white. They don't have to worry about race. We do."
7. In Reel Life: In the championship game, the Titans face Marshall in Roanoke Stadium.

Wouldn't it have been more sensible to go with the facts in the above points? I really cannot see how the facts would have altered the general theme of the movie in the instances above. Maybe it's just me....
Some reels like 3-4-5-7 would have hardly changed the theme of the movie. True? Espeically 7.
Ahh well....