What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remember when…

Wagged school to go to the 1978 GF replay against Manly. Sherriden stand I think. I remember some fisticuffs between Sharks and Manly fans, and of course, we lost the game.

Went back to school the next day and someone had dobbed me in, so got the strap to inflict even more pain.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
What about that glorious game against Newcastle in 2002 when we smashed them at Shark Park by 64-14 and Paul Mellor scored a hat trick.

Then there was the 2001 game we won 49-30 where Newcastle recovered a clearing kick in their in-goal, the winger runs to about 10m out and throws a pass to the fullback, and out of nowhere Peachey swoops to intercept and score a try

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Back then you could buy the old footy doubles. Went down the watch the Rooster flog the Sharks at Endeavour that year. Sometime didn't really watch the games as my mates and I used to have more fun terrorising people on the old long hill where the PB stand now is. I had purchased a double, as I did back then and got Kevin Junee and Paul Taylor (the legend that never was who retired in his early 20's).

Junee scored 3 tries that day including the first so I had a vested interest in watching. The Roosters were flogging the Sharks but I still watched in the hope that Taylor could get me the double. Well blow me down, when the Roosters were about 30 ahead the Sharks staged a mini fightback and who gets the first try. Flash Taylor!

Woo hoo! I was like 11 at the time and had just won $20! Woo HOO!. Don't know what I did with the lobster but it was the one and only time I ever got a double up!

roboshark

Coach
When ET scores under the posts vs Canberra in the last minute or so and Alan Wilson converts to give us an 8-7 win on ABC Saturday match of the day

Also when we led 8-0 vs the dragons in 1999 and cronullafied it. I cried

Ozzi_78

First Grade
When ET scores under the posts vs Canberra in the last minute or so and Alan Wilson converts to give us an 8-7 win on ABC Saturday match of the day

Also when we led 8-0 vs the dragons in 1999 and cronullafied it. I cried
I was at Mt Druitt bowling centre listening on my Milo radio, started season 2-0
After beating dogs too from memory.