What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserves Rd 3 v Bulldogs

No doubt the following will not be the 17 for the weekend.

1. Dylan Smith
2. Harry O'Toole
3. Watson Heleta
4. Kane McQuiggin
5. Bilal Maarbani
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Kauri Aupouri-Puketapu (capt.)
8. Oliver Clark
9. Braden Robson
10. Elia Faatui
11. Sam McIntyre
12. Dylan Clifford
13. Robbie Rochow

Interchange:
14. Patrice Siolo
16. Joseph Ratuvakacereivalu
17. Soni Luke
20. Jack Miller

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have come from behind to steal a 26-24 victory over the Wests Magpies at Campbelltown Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

There was a lot of talk surrounding this match, with Bulldogs NRL Head Coach Dean Pay wielding the axe throughout the week, dropping numerous players back to the Canterbury Cup NSW, after a poor start to their 2019 campaign.

It was a start both teams would like to have over, having created scoring opportunities, but failing to turn them into points due to unforced errors. Fortunes turned a short while later for Wests when Fullback Dylan Smith fielded a Bulldogs fifth tackle kick, racing seventy-five meters to get his team within scoring rage. A shaky set was finished in style with a classy cross-field kick by experienced half Josh Reynolds, which was cleanly plucked in the in the air by Sam Mcintyre, who planted it down for the hosts first points.

The Bulldogs bounced back through a neat backline move which saw Morgan Harper crash over in the corner, however the grounding looked a little suspect to the naked-eye, but after Referee Damien Briscoe consulted with nearside Touch Judge James Vella, the try was eventually awarded.

Canterbury’s’ good work was quickly undone after dropping it off the restart after points, allowing the Magpies to apply pressure, which they did forcing back-to-back repeat sets. Rake Braden Robson fooled the defence from close range to burrow over under the sticks and extend his sides lead.

A rare error from the Magpies late in the half pathed the way for the visitors to hit back through dropped NRL winger Christian Crichton, who crossed in the corner to narrow Wests halftime lead to 12-8.

Robson crossed for his second four-pointer of the day immediately after the break, diving on a kick which was toed ahead by and unlikely suspect in McIntyre. The illusive hooker converted it into a hat-trick minutes later, giving Wests a handy sixteen point lead.

The Bulldogs finally awoke from their half-time slumber scoring back-to-back tries, courtesy of Tuipulotu Katoa and Bronson Garlick to get themselves within four points of the Magpies heading into the final quarter.

The boys from Belmore continued their strong second half with ten left on the clock, with a brilliant team try which was finished off by five-eighth Jesse Marschke, who also converted his own try to gain a 26-24 lead.

Western Suburbs Magpies tries achieved by:
  • Braden Robson 1'
  • Sam McIntyre 12'
  • Braden Robson 27'
  • Braden Robson 45'
Western Suburbs Magpies conversions achieved by:
  • Tyson Gamble 2'
  • Tyson Gamble 13'
  • Tyson Gamble 28'
  • Tyson Gamble 46'

Supporter 69

Juniors
Western Suburbs Magpies tries achieved by:
  • Braden Robson 1'
  • Sam McIntyre 12'
  • Braden Robson 27'
  • Braden Robson 45'
Western Suburbs Magpies conversions achieved by:
  • Tyson Gamble 2'
  • Tyson Gamble 13'
  • Tyson Gamble 28'
  • Tyson Gamble 46'
3 tries to Robson and his fair share of tackles, I wasn’t at the game any thoughts on this kid

Tiger05

First Grade
3 tries to Robson and his fair share of tackles, I wasn’t at the game any thoughts on this kid

I've only seen him a couple of times but he always looks good. He is a utility though and I think that may play against him.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I've only seen him a couple of times but he always looks good. He is a utility though and I think that may play against him.
However 05 if he’s good enough there’s certainly an opening for a 9 @ concord.Just as crucial going forward we r going to need a quality 6 & speed in the backs plus I’m not completely sold on Mbye as our long term fullback.Geez our backline is shithouse !

Tiger05

First Grade
However 05 if he’s good enough there’s certainly an opening for a 9 @ concord.Just as crucial going forward we r going to need a quality 6 & speed in the backs plus I’m not completely sold on Mbye as our long term fullback.Geez our backline is shithouse !

It needs some work. Fonua has actually been great for us but we need more pace out wide. I think Marsters is worth sticking with because he is a great runner and he set his winger up. Thompson to me should be on a long term contract. He is the perfect player in relation to the salary cap. We need though a gun winger ideally ala JAC.

Rd 3 - team of the week

9. Braden Robson
Club: Western Suburbs Magpies; 2019 TOTW selections: 1

Three tries, two line-breaks, five tackle-breaks, 39 tackles.

10. Matt Eisenhuth (C)
Club: Western Suburbs Magpies; 2019 TOTW selections: 2

217 total metres, 65 post-contact metres, two tackle-breaks, two offloads, 43 tackles.

Latest posts