What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Result of that premier league trial today

Raider_69

Post Whore
canberra pl put it on them, milne and thompson playing well from what ive herd/read
frawley MIA as per usual, sack the f**king prick now imo

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
It was a big win to Canberra against inferior opposition.

I thought Raston, Rothery and Milne were good, and the halves were strong. Frawley was MIA and Thomson was just lolling along. I don't think, if that performance is taken into account, we will see Frawley in first grade next week.

PL team looked solid, but weren't tested. Clocked off at the end and let a couple of tries in, but otherwise just went in at will.

Chachi

Bench
Yeah Rothery was best on the park IMO and Milne did some nice things too. O'Sullivan was also solid at halfback and Campo had a good game - although his kicking was a bit ordinary (too many dead balls).

I actually thought Frawley had a reasonable game - a few solid runs and nice passes. He could have looked for the ball a bit more perhaps but I wouldn't have regarded him as useless or MIA. He also got rested early, before Raymond Terrace really opened up. Given the opposition, Thommo was certainly unspectacular, but obviously better for the hitout. It guess Henry will go with him for Rd 1 anyway.

Sau tried a bit too hard IMO and made a few errors or got dominated a few too many times for my liking - although he'll also be better for the run I guess.

Bay53

Juniors
I thought Frawley was actually very good, admittedly against ordinary opposition.

PL having the bye next week is not the best, ideally would have been best for him to play in that again. Now the coaches have to decide that if he is going to play anything next week, it has to be first grade.

Unless they can offload him to Souths Logan for a week. I think their season starts next week too.

I would just like to see this bloke fit for the whole year and then we can get a true indication of whether he is any good or not. I think even he would say that his time at the Raiders has been very disappointing, particularly as he is on big money. If he wants to earn a contract anywhere near that for next year and beyond at the Raiders or elsewhere he will need to have a big year.

However, I continue to reserve judgement until he is injury free. I know I have been saying that for 2 1/2 years now!!!!!

julian87

Juniors
I hope Rothery has a big year. Our back row is just so so strong this yr imo. TLL, Costigan, Tonhue, Bickerstaff, Turner, Chalk, Miller, Rothery, Thurling, Jones etc.

I think it is one of, if not the best in the comp.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Any update on Brad Cross, it would appear he has failed to impress last 2 games? Was looking for him to step up, still concerned about backline. Milne must be in contention although round 1 team looks already picked. Will be interested to see if both Weyman and Thompson are in the side, not much match fitness/football between them.

PRKLCD

Juniors
Bay53 said:
I thought Frawley was actually very good, admittedly against ordinary opposition.

PL having the bye next week is not the best, ideally would have been best for him to play in that again. Now the coaches have to decide that if he is going to play anything next week, it has to be first grade.

Unless they can offload him to Souths Logan for a week. I think their season starts next week too.

I would just like to see this bloke fit for the whole year and then we can get a true indication of whether he is any good or not. I think even he would say that his time at the Raiders has been very disappointing, particularly as he is on big money. If he wants to earn a contract anywhere near that for next year and beyond at the Raiders or elsewhere he will need to have a big year.

However, I continue to reserve judgement until he is injury free. I know I have been saying that for 2 1/2 years now!!!!!

Frawley is the highest paid player at the club.

woodgers

Bench
I thought Thommo played pretty good actually. He was willing, hit the ball up hard and was always trying to bust through the line. RT were getting numbers to him as well, being a noted NRL player. He played a solid 25 minutes in the heat in the first half and then some time in the 2nd, so that is all you want from him in a trial like that. He'll be right for next week.

For me it was the 2 O'Sullivan boys who were the standouts. Blake, a half, I didn't know much about and Troy at fullback. Both played some lovely footy, much to the delight of their hero Father off to my left. Blake in particular created some good opportunities in attack.

If will be interesting to see who misses out this weekend when the team is named. The pack looks very strong. I'd say that Thommo and Logan will start props. Then he'll probably go with Turner, Bicks and Tonguey in the back row. Therefore you have Costigan, Miller, Weyman and Tilse all competing for 3 spots (as I assume Dunny will be named the utility bench player). I'd say Tilse will be the unlucky one.

edabomb

First Grade
Frawley is on at least 250k. With the departure of Schif, Woolford and Croker I think he would be in the top two or three at the club.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
God, this is an argument that has come up again and again. The $200k+ figure quoted on Frawley was contingent on him playing a full season of first grade each year and being selected for every representative team. IN reality, his salary is much less.

edabomb

First Grade
I personally think if he signed a contract so heavily reliant on incentives he would put in a bit more effort.

woodgers said:
For me it was the 2 O'Sullivan boys who were the standouts. Blake, a half, I didn't know much about and Troy at fullback. Both played some lovely footy, much to the delight of their hero Father off to my left. Blake in particular created some good opportunities in attack.

i have a question....the o'sullivan boys arent on the raiders website in any team? does anyone know whats the story with them?

Latest posts