What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RESULTS - Rd 21 Player votes vs Manly

thickos

First Grade
:cry: What a shocker. Anyway, the votes for this week went as following:

Michael Weyman - :clap: 80 votes
Clinton Schifcofske - 37
Jason Croker - 26
Ruben Wiki - 16
Luke Davico - 3
Matt Gafa - 2
Ian Hindmarsh, Mark McLinden and Tyran Smith - 1

Hence the POTY votes go to:

Michael Weyman - 3 points
Clinton Schifcofske - 2
Jason Croker - 1

http://www.geocities.com/sydney_green_brigade/poty.htm

Weyman flying up the leaderboard, and Hodgo has company at the top! 4 games to go.... who's gonna get it???

Thanks for voting!

edabomb

First Grade
Ruben sure has been quiet since he signed with the Warriors!!! Crokers hitting some form though, I'm optimistic he will cover quite a bit of what we miss from Ruben if he stays fit in the second row next year. Who do you all think will be the official club player of the year???

Raider Azz

Bench
edabomb said:
Who do you all think will be the official club player of the year???
I think Gafa has a shot at it, maybe Croker too. Croker has been in TOP form the last few weeks. They could give it to Ruben as well, like a "thanks for the memories" type thing.

skeepe

Immortal
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ruben or Schif take out club player of the year this year.

thickos

First Grade
I actually think its pretty tragic if Weyman gets up near the top of the comp. Good for him and his great form, but I am a bit surprised the leaders are still only on 13., with 4 to play. The votes are very spread as well (which is I guess is a good thing), but not enough of the 'big guns' are standing up.

I would hope the form of Weyman 'wakes up' a couple of the older heads in the team.

Mogg as a darkhorse for the club's player of the year, maybe?

I'm just thinking that Schif, Ruben, Macca, Germ, etc... who are usually up there haven't had the best of seasons... and Mogg's certainly improved.

*shrugs*

Raider Azz

Bench
Shif had a blinder the first few weeks of the season, then after being discarded from the QLD team hit a form slump. He is playing great at the moment though.

If Mogg won the club's player of the year, that would be awsome!

edabomb

First Grade
I think Mogg will take it. But Ruben is definately a show.

Clinton has been too inconsistent, same with McLinden.

greeneyed

First Grade
I wonder what would happen if we added up all the votes for the whole year for each player... ie I mean "raw" total votes and whether that would produce a different result?

thickos

First Grade
greeneyed said:
I wonder what would happen if we added up all the votes for the whole year for each player... ie I mean "raw" total votes and whether that would produce a different result?

Only problem is that the number of people that vote varies from week to week.

woodgers

Bench
I shudder at the thought of who will get the award. Who is there? Rubes has had an extended stay on the sidelines this year. Schif has been consistent at best. If Mogg gets the player of the year for the Raiders it will indicate how ordinary this year has been. Croker could be due. I wouldn't mind if Hodgson won it on early season form. There is no way Macca could be in the hunt he has been so inconsistent.

The word 'Lucky Dip' comes to mind.

jed

First Grade
What about for next season if the 3-2-1’s are all tallied at the end of each round, with the top scorer being given 100 (as in percent), and each player receiving the proportion of 100 that they scored, rounded down to the whole number.

For example, using this week’s results (Michael Weyman – 80, Clinton Schifcofske – 37, Jason Croker – 26, Ruben Wiki – 16, Luke Davico – 3, Matt Gafa – 2, Ian Hindmarsh – 1, Mark McLinden – 1, Tyran Smith – 1), the votes would tally as:

Weyman – 100
Schif – 46
Croker – 32
Wiki – 20
Davico – 3
Gafa – 2
Hindy, Macca & Smith – 1

This rewards players for absolutely blitzing the round by allowing them to be rewarded in proportion to the number of votes they get for the round, but doesn’t penalise them for a low voter turnout. It also rewards the players who regularly score a few points every week but are never at the top of the table.

The maximum that any player would get over a season would be 2,400, although this would be virtually impossible.

greeneyed

First Grade
This list is only based on the "finalists" votes ie those whoe received 3, 2 or 1 in a week.

Maybe Thickos has all the votes stored somewhere...

I agree, the reason we went with 3, 2, 1 was because there are unequal numbers of people voting each week. And that is fairer.

It is an interesting other look at the votes, however, and you could argue that some weeks people are more outstanding than others... yet only get 3 points... and then some weeks people don't vote as they don't think overall performances are good enough... and they are not motiviated to vote. So it does give some idea of "strength of feeling" about the performances....

Tyran Smith 12
Drew 21
Bulgarelli 22
Miller 32
Graham 34
Nathan Smith 38
Rothery 44
O'Hara 48
Robertson 55
Woolford 70
Monaghan 85
Croker 94
Gafa 97
Hindmarsh 101
Davico 131
Wiki 137
Weyman 160
Mogg 167
Hodgson 176
Schifcofske 190
McLinden 195

woodgers

Bench
The votes have changed since I was a kid playing soccer and footy and the best player got a happy meal at Macca's. Now you need a degree in economics to work out who is the best player on the park.

greeneyed

First Grade
jed said:
What about for next season if the 3-2-1’s are all tallied at the end of each round, with the top scorer being given 100 (as in percent), and each player receiving the proportion of 100 that they scored, rounded down to the whole number.

For example, using this week’s results (Michael Weyman – 80, Clinton Schifcofske – 37, Jason Croker – 26, Ruben Wiki – 16, Luke Davico – 3, Matt Gafa – 2, Ian Hindmarsh – 1, Mark McLinden – 1, Tyran Smith – 1), the votes would tally as:

Weyman – 100
Schif – 46
Croker – 32
Wiki – 20
Davico – 3
Gafa – 2
Hindy, Macca & Smith – 1

This rewards players for absolutely blitzing the round by allowing them to be rewarded in proportion to the number of votes they get for the round, but doesn’t penalise them for a low voter turnout. It also rewards the players who regularly score a few points every week but are never at the top of the table.

The maximum that any player would get over a season would be 2,400, although this would be virtually impossible.

Maybe a fairer thing to do would be to allocate 100 points per round in total.

This means, based on the proportions of votes received, this week's points would be something like:

Weyman 43
Schifcofske 25
Croker 17
Wiki 11
Davico 2
Gafa 1
Hindy 1
Macca 1
Smith 1

You would need to have some rounding conventions....

Latest posts