What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RESULTS - Rd 21 Player votes vs Manly

jed

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Maybe a fairer thing to do would be to allocate 100 points per round in total.

This means, based on the proportions of votes received, this week's points would be something like:

Weyman 43
Schifcofske 25
Croker 17
Wiki 11
Davico 2
Gafa 1
Hindy 1
Macca 1
Smith 1

You would need to have some rounding conventions....

Agreed, but I was thinking there still needs to be a considerable reward for scoring the most votes each week, such as the winner scoring 100 pts. But either system would workout similar in the end.

As for rounding conventions, the easiest is to simply round down. There's always 1 or 2 bright sparks who argue that 3.5 is exactly halfway between 3 and 4, so one will argue that it should round to 3, the other to 4. Simplest is to simply round down.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
woodgers said:
The votes have changed since I was a kid playing soccer and footy and the best player got a happy meal at Macca's. Now you need a degree in economics to work out who is the best player on the park.

Good point. I think if a 3, 2, 1 system is good enough for the Dally M, Brownlow, Alan Border medal and countless other sporting awards it should be good enough for us.

I too remember getting food awards as a kid. I still beleive I was robbed of a "Pollywaffle" on debut in under 11's.