What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reunion Day - vs Balmain

Right - who's coming to the biggest game of the season so far?

Lets all have a few KB's and get right behind the boys so that we can secure a home semi.

Shaun Foley
Sponsored by Sydney Airport
Damon Alley-Tovio
Sponsored by Golden Barley Hotel, Marrickville
Danny Howard
Sponsored by Harvey Norman, Alexandria
Toshio Laiseni
Sponsored by Victor Sports
Rhys Pritchard
Sponsored by Golden Barley Hotel, Marrickville
Sean Rudder
Sponsored by Miller and Associates Insurance Brokers
Rory Kostjasyn
Sponsored by Blueprint Management Group
Frank-Paul Nuuausala
Sponsored by Soil 'n' Stuff
Tyrone Shelley
Sponsored by Petersham RSL Club
Stanley Waqa
Sponsored by Visual FX
Mickey Paea
Sponsored by SGE Credit Union
Anthony Cherrington
Sponsored by Seafood Systems Australia
Hep Cahill
Sponsored by Bowlers Club of NSW
Khalid Deeb
Sponsored by Jets Sports Club
Don Thompson
Sponsored by Labelcraft, Leichhardt
Daniel Green
Sponsored by Discount Ski Tubes & Gear
Jimmy Andersen
Sponsored by Dickson Canvas
Ray Moujalli
Sponsored by Labelcraft, Leichhardt

bluebag43

Juniors
I'll be there HPH, lets get together on the Hill and get loud!

Is the special guest Carpet Clive?

Jeffles

Bench
Balmain 28:
Ryan Tandy 3, David Gower 2 tries;
Steve Moses 4 goals

defeated

Newtown 16:
Hep Cahill 2, Shaun Foley tries;
Hep Cahill 2 goals.

Half-Time: 10-all.

bluebag43

Juniors
The weather ruined, what was going to be a Big Re-union Day.

Thanks to the diehard Balmain fans that turned up and made some noise!

I believe we have a home Semi next Saturday afternoon at Henson.

It's important that we all get there for that to support the boys and the club after last week's financial diaster!

Indeed, it was a game for the diehards.

The pitch held up well after all the rain, so that's a credit to the council.

Thought we were out played in the 2nd half.

greg

Juniors
I plead ignorance but with us getting a home semi I take it that it is a final five. 4 v 5 and 2 v 3 with 1 getting a rest? Hopefully the game being at Henson will help, mind you Saturdays result is not encouraging.

malabar

Juniors
I plead ignorance but with us getting a home semi I take it that it is a final five. 4 v 5 and 2 v 3 with 1 getting a rest? Hopefully the game being at Henson will help, mind you Saturdays result is not encouraging.

Balmain were lucky to score in the first half, it could have been 10 nil our way at half time. 2nd half we made sooooo many mistakes on their 5th tackles, I think we were penalised 4 times on their 5th tackle and our kickicing game and play play selection on our 5th tackles was diabolical. Foley and Cahill were our best, the game will bo on Fox this Wed. at I think 5pm
Communication on the last tackle options is absolutely required if we are goona go any further.

Jeffles

Bench
Greg

It's a top 8. The same system as the NRL (in a 12 team comp believe it or not).

Malabar is spot on. Poor 5th tackle options and an unfortunate number of conceded penalties late in the count. We had such a strong breeze at our backs in the second half but we didn't make the most of it. Balmain tackled very well on their line in the second half. They had a lot to play for. They needed to win to make the 8.

Lift our game for Windsor. With Mason out someone will need to fill the gap. O'Meley has escaped suspension so that's something.

Thought we still lacked ideas in attack, and what's with not using the breeze in the second half....?

IT looked like Balmain just wanted it more, but then again they had something to play for whereas we were already in the semis.

kess

Juniors
Brought the old man down from forster like the last reunions. result and weather where crap still had a good time. wasnt many ex players from dads era to bloody cold. went back to jets sports and had a few more drinks the highlight of the night was col murphy's lawn bowling tips.Hope the jets play better next week.

NZ Jet

Juniors
Good to see Newtown, Norths, Wests and Balmain all making the finals.

Go the Jets!

Latest posts