What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RFL extends deal at Old Trafford

Pommy

Coach
Did they shit can Wembley for the challenge cup? I remember reading rumours of it but I’m not sure if anything came of it.

roughyedspud

Coach
By 2020 city's etihad stadium should be upto 62,000 capacity..I'd move there after this deal,old Trafford is a terrible stadium,the size of the ingoals is dangerous and you lose thousands of seats to accommodate the screen...none of that is a issue at the etihad,and it'll sell out ever year!

Pommy

Coach
By 2020 city's etihad stadium should be upto 62,000 capacity..I'd move there after this deal,old Trafford is a terrible stadium,the size of the ingoals is dangerous and you lose thousands of seats to accommodate the screen...none of that is a issue at the etihad,and it'll sell out ever year!

Embarrassing for city if the only game they sell out other than the derby is a grand final lol.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Tradition is great but those in goals really are dangerous and have a material impact on the game.

I hope they move it to Etihad at some point also. Old Trafford is basically not fit for purpose.

I'd rather them shorten the field like in Vegas than have tiny in goals.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tradition is great but those in goals really are dangerous and have a material impact on the game.

I hope they move it to Etihad at some point also. Old Trafford is basically not fit for purpose.

I'd rather them shorten the field like in Vegas than have tiny in goals.
40 years of games there never been any serious injury. Looks bad but the reality is it obviously isnt as risky as it looks. It’ll be there till 2027 when it’s supposed to be rebuilt. Will move for 3 or so years whilst the new gets built then moe back in all likelihood. It’s still the biggest stadium in the north and in a great location.

Last edited:

warriors 95

Juniors
40 years of games there never been any serious injury. Looks bad but the reality is it obviously isnt as risky as it looks. It’ll be there till 2027 when it’s supposed to be rebuilt. Will move for 3 or so years whilst the new gets built then moe back in all likelihood. It’s still the biggest stadium in the north and in a great location.
Is a Old Trafford revamp definitely happening?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is a Old Trafford revamp definitely happening?
rumoured, nothing signed yet.

The fan reports from Old Trafford on the state of the stadium were not positive!

warriors 95

Juniors
rumoured, nothing signed yet.

The fan reports from Old Trafford on the state of the stadium were not positive!
I think it will definitely happen as a club the size of Man Utd can’t have a decaying stadium like Old Trafford effectively holding them back as their rivals like Liverpool, spurs, arsenal, Chelsea and Man City etc are playing out of amazing modern 21st century stadiums.

Latest posts