What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rhinos Forum Sevens Team

Zef

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
The Rhinos would be Delighted to sign you up, Thanks for joining Parra-Matters.

Matt,

I know this is only a game and all that - but I've been on the cheap cask-wine tonight and I swear to God.... I'll shoot him.

Do you want that on your concience?

Hey whats doing, no one gave me a offer at Parra-Bulldogs and Rhinos were very forth coming and gave me everything I wanted.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Zef,

we can't force players to play for us. But I do agree that it is unfortunate. The problem is that this comp barely has enough players to sustain 5 viable teams.

Zef

Juniors
So what your saying to me Dave is that I can't go and shoot, stab or string him - is that what you're saying to me?

Have you talked to the Captain about this? He seemed pretty sure about it last time we discussed it. But I don't want to go arguing with my team-mates so I'll let it be for now - until I check with the Captain again.

But anyway, if we ain't gonna "close the book" on him, What then? If we do nothing then we'll end up having a desertion a day - it's the way these things go.

May I suggest a good trampling by retired race-horses. My old man used to do it to me when I got too cheeky. Leaves no permanent damage but certainly gets the point across.

I got done by some champions too - Think Big, Gold & Black, At Talaq. Couple of Melbourne Cup winners in there.

Anonymous

Juniors
DvdHntr said:
Zef,

we can't force players to play for us. But I do agree that it is unfortunate. The problem is that this comp barely has enough players to sustain 5 viable teams.

I totally disagree that we barely have enough players. The F7s was kicked in the guts and we were dead and buried. But here we are... and round 4 is turning out better than round 3 at the previous venue. Round 5 will be better again.

I make no apologies for calling the glass half full. IMO, it's far better than adopting a gloom & doom attitude.

We have some excellent posts and 6 teams look like they're firing. The other two are doing their best to hang in there.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who makes a post in this round deserves a huge rap... even Zef. ;-)

ParraMatt

Bench
The Team:
ParraMatt (vc)
Gobbso (vc)
Eels Dude
SomethingWithJohn
EWS
Parra-Matters
Mattkd
ChiaPete

Alan Shore

First Grade
Any Rhinos players looking for a new club will be more than welcome at Cronulla. One mermaid is also included in the deal. Enjoy. BTW we have Ansell sponsorship as well :D

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Parramatta Bulldogs put out the call to those of you Rhinos that want to post for us. We are a struggling club and these vultures above are trying to pick at the Rhinos remains. We honestly need players and are happy for you all (and especially Eels and Bulldogs fans) to join.

So Willow tell me again how we aren't struggling. Not saying things will not get better but we still needed to consolidate teams. Parramatta Bulldogs could be next and we would be left with a 6 team comp.

Anonymous

Juniors
DvdHntr said:
So Willow tell me again how we aren't struggling. Not saying things will not get better but we still needed to consolidate teams. Parramatta Bulldogs could be next and we would be left with a 6 team comp.

Are you referring to my comment made weeks ago when I rejected your notion that the competition was going downhill through lack of numbers? I seem to recall that you didnt reply then.

I also seem to recall you saying words to the effect that it wasn't worth you bothering with it anymore.

Look dvd, if you want to play, thats fine. But if you want to be all doom and gloom about it then I'll just have to leave you to it. Please feel free to be make negative comments but you'll understand if I choose to concentrate on just getting the job done. Naturally all constructive criticisms will be welcomed.

I still maintain that we're a lot better off having a small yet growing competition rather than no competition at all.

The good news is that as soon as the Rhinos departed, broncoman stepped up to the plate and offered to fill their spot. Thats what I call 'having a go' and something I have a lot of respect for.

Alan Shore

First Grade
DvdHntr said:
The Parramatta Bulldogs put out the call to those of you Rhinos that want to post for us. We are a struggling club and these vultures above are trying to pick at the Rhinos remains. We honestly need players and are happy for you all (and especially Eels and Bulldogs fans) to join.

Vultures? We barely have a team!

Green Eye

Juniors
I think I will develop some banners and advertise the Forum 7's on League Unlimited? I think that will get more people interested in the 7's and hopefully get more players in.

Anonymous

Juniors
Everyone should go to your newsagent and buy a copy of this month's Rugby League Review and turn to page 6.
There's an advert there for Leagueunlimited.com and smack in the middle is a big plug for the F7s.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Firstly Willow, your comments were a negative reaction to my suggestion that we needed to consolidate the comp as we have too many teams and too little players. This has been highlighted further now by the fact that the Rhinos have gone and the Bulldogs are struggling. I just wanted to get an I told you so in there. The Rhinos have been shakey for a while now and it seems from Tamazoid's comments that the Sharks are too.

Sorry Tamazoid I just naturally thought from Willow's comments that all the other teams had enough players. That is obviously not the case?

Anyway, just saying that I am definately not negative but trying to show that 8 teams in this comp were too many for this season. To run eight teams there should be at bare minimum 80 players and I doubt we have half that many committed to play.

Alan Shore

First Grade
DvdHntr said:
Firstly Willow, your comments were a negative reaction to my suggestion that we needed to consolidate the comp as we have too many teams and too little players. This has been highlighted further now by the fact that the Rhinos have gone and the Bulldogs are struggling. I just wanted to get an I told you so in there. The Rhinos have been shakey for a while now and it seems from Tamazoid's comments that the Sharks are too.

Sorry Tamazoid I just naturally thought from Willow's comments that all the other teams had enough players. That is obviously not the case?

Anyway, just saying that I am definately not negative but trying to show that 8 teams in this comp were too many for this season. To run eight teams there should be at bare minimum 80 players and I doubt we have half that many committed to play.

Well, Sharks have 6. But that's obviously not enough in case of unavailability and emergencies etc.