What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rhys Wesser.

themacemaceman

Juniors
MAybe Lang should switch Wesser to the Wing when we are in attack. Get Merritt closer to the action where he can sniff around the forwards looking for offloads like he did a few years back.He was carving up. Think it was 07 or 08. Thats what we missed in the first half today. We Couldnt get the ball out of our own end of the park.

rabbs

Juniors
Wesser is far too slow for todays game,Parramatta showed that as well as Manly today.Bad positional play.

hindyrabbit

Juniors
SALARY CAP. Dugan will put us well over as he looks to be chasing big dollars. could get inu at a lower price throw him on the wing and merritt to fullback. wesser gets lazy twice in two weeks found out by hard running opposition.

hunters

Juniors
SALARY CAP. Dugan will put us well over as he looks to be chasing big dollars. could get inu at a lower price throw him on the wing and merritt to fullback. wesser gets lazy twice in two weeks found out by hard running opposition.
I don't even think we need to consider recruitment at fullback. Max to the back and Simpson to the wing.

Save our pennies for someone who can kick the fricken ball to any point of the park except straight to the fricken opposition!

Fibroman

First Grade
I don't even think we need to consider recruitment at fullback. Max to the back and Simpson to the wing.

Save our pennies for someone who can kick the fricken ball to any point of the park except straight to the fricken opposition!

Bring Joey Williams back.........

hindyrabbit

Juniors
joe williams would have a field day with this side. done well in 2007 with an average side and this team is a hell of a lot better. a much more sound halfback with enough skills to take the line on

boo_boo

Juniors
I agree hindyrabbit.
We are struggling big time in the halves & to me recalling Joe would be a positive step.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Wesser should be dropped for sure. He made an error from a kick early in the Manly game and then made no effort to get to bombs after that and these led directly to tries. He does not back up in attack when players like Pettybourne look to offload

Merritt to fullback with Vaivai or Simpson into the backline will work better. Even Capewell to fullback could be worth a try. No more contracts for Wesser

Bring Joey Williams back.........

joe williams would have a field day with this side. done well in 2007 with an average side and this team is a hell of a lot better. a much more sound halfback with enough skills to take the line on

I agree hindyrabbit.
We are struggling big time in the halves & to me recalling Joe would be a positive step.

You guys have to be freakin kidding me. Joe Williams can't even crack it for a run on spot for the Bears atm and they are just about running last. Not only was he completely horrible for us, but he was pathetic at the Dogs and he is still useless at the Bears as we speak.

He had a good patch until other teams worked out that if you rushed him and cut down his decision time, he was utterly hopeless. He is an absolute liability in both defense and attack.

I'm not saying that Sandow is better or worse at this point in time, but if we are going to look elsewhere then we certainly shouldn't even consider Joe Williams.

hunters

Juniors
if we are going to look elsewhere then we certainly shouldn't even consider Joe Williams.
Yeah but the problem is that at this point in time we can really only look in three or four places. It's not as if we can recruit someone now. His defence won't be any worse than sandow and if his only job in attack is pass the ball or kick the bloody thing then I think we'd be ahead of where we are now.

Might not be the best answer but it certainly can't be discounted either.

You would have to give Capewell a shot first. From all reports, he is a good talker and he has been training at 5/8 while Sutto has been struggling with his neck injury so at least he is in some sort of touch with the play book. If that fails then you give a shot to the likes of Reynolds.

IMHO though, we have invested a lot of time and energy in Sandow and we should persist with him until a genuinely better option is available. At the moment, all the other options come with big question marks.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
If Capewell can kick, then I'd ask "Why hasn't he been given a go yet?"

It makes me think that maybe he doesn't have a strong kicking game, which is one place the Bunnies are SEVERELY lacking.

Sutton can produce a great bomb and occasional decent attacking kicks, but they are too few and far between. Sandow is completely unreliable with the boot. Sometimes you think "This kid's got it." and other times it looks like he's never kicked a ball before.

Is it possible that Joey Williams is rusted over having sat out a full year as well? The chances of him being as good as he was (and let's be honest, he was patchy) might be very slim now. He used to have a half-decent boot, though.

Tim Smith would be running riot in a team like the Bunnies, though. I wonder how mcuh the Shark had to pay him (considering they are close to broke)? I assume the Bunnies have practically no room under the cap, though, at any rate.

hellteam

First Grade
Capewell was a five-eight/half all through his junior football. I always wondered why the Rabbits persisted with him at fullback when it's not his position.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Capewell was a five-eight/half all through his junior football. I always wondered why the Rabbits persisted with him at fullback when it's not his position.

Is anyone familiar with any of Capewell's performances in the halves? If so, can he kick in general play?

I'm just curious.

Teams with a poor kicking game are at a massive disadvantage in the modern game. It's one of the few things really holding Souths back (and the Eels as well).

One of the reasons the injury-ravaged Bulldogs were able to at least put up a fight against the Eels last week was the difference in kicking games.

Meanwhile I thought Manly would be crap in 2010 without an experienced general play kicker, but Foran and Hodkinson have been excellent and were 100 times better than Sutton and Sandow in the Bunnies match.

A poor kicking game is just sooooooooooo frustrating.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
At the peak of his form in the early 2000's he was a good 5 kilos lighter and quite a few yards quicker. His sheer pace was always his best asset and I'm afraid he has lost the edge and his best days are behind him.
One word to describe Wesser DEADWOOD.

boo_boo

Juniors
You guys have to be freakin kidding me. Joe Williams can't even crack it for a run on spot for the Bears atm and they are just about running last. Not only was he completely horrible for us, but he was pathetic at the Dogs and he is still useless at the Bears as we speak.

He had a good patch until other teams worked out that if you rushed him and cut down his decision time, he was utterly hopeless. He is an absolute liability in both defense and attack.

I'm not saying that Sandow is better or worse at this point in time, but if we are going to look elsewhere then we certainly shouldn't even consider Joe Williams.

DkoR, if money & circumstances were no objective i would try to sign Brett Sherwin.
However if Joey Williams was available then i would prefer him to Sandow.

hunters

Juniors
DkoR, if money & circumstances were no objective i would try to sign Brett Sherwin.
However if Joey Williams was available then i would prefer him to Sandow.
Money & circumstances are no objective and the best you come up with is Brett Sherwin??????