What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rick Ponting is a disgrace

Moffo

Referee
Never before has an Australian team descended into such controversy as the current team in their spat with the Indian squad

From what I have seen, Ponting is doing nothing to discipline his players, refusing to guide them in the principles of fair play that have been the backbone of the sport for 100s of years. Ponting gives as much verbal as anyone else in cricket today and then dares to complain when a generic insult is directed at Symonds. This comes from one of the highest profile sports people in Australia today. If you look at things objectively, it really is very sad.

Why did we never have such problems when Tubby/AB/Tugger were in control? No wonder Gilchrist doesn't like you Punter, take a long walk off a short plank

Cheers,
Moffo

JJ

Immortal
All the Indians fault eh? And when Aust plays Sri Lanka it's all their fault, as it is when you play England, Pakistan, RSA, NZ etc :lol: see the pattern

DeeGan

Bench
Moffo said:
Never before has an Australian team descended into such controversy as the current team in their spat with the Indian squad

From what I have seen, Ponting is doing nothing to discipline his players, refusing to guide them in the principles of fair play that have been the backbone of the sport for 100s of years. Ponting gives as much verbal as anyone else in cricket today and then dares to complain when a generic insult is directed at Symonds. This comes from one of the highest profile sports people in Australia today. If you look at things objectively, it really is very sad.

Why did we never have such problems when Tubby/AB/Tugger were in control? No wonder Gilchrist doesn't like you Punter, take a long walk off a short plank

Cheers,
Moffo

Yes, it is all Ricky Ponting :roll:

If you had actually bothered too read up some more, you will find both teams ... meh ... I won't bother.

You might get bigger fish here though, good luck.

Moffo

Referee
i don't care about what india do gee, im australian so i care about the people that are representing me

i guess thats what happens when you make someone who got his donger out at the bourbon and beefsteak captain of Australia

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
nice try moffo

you should have watched the test match rather than just read the newspapers

Moffo

Referee
well you're wrong because i watched the test match

nice try though twizzle

dice

Juniors
The Indians knew fully well that the word "monkey" is perceived as being a racist word. There was nothing generic about it.

mickdo

Coach
dice said:
The Indians knew fully well that the word "monkey" is perceived as being a racist word. There was nothing generic about it.
Especially after the crowd in Mumbai chanted it about Symonds and several were kicked out for using it. They know only too well what it means.

HevyDevy

Coach
Generic eh Moffo?

You accuse Australia of poor behaviour - well I've never, ever seen a side complain so much as India.

Any result, any situation that doesn't suit them, they lodge a complaint. I can understand them being upset at Bucknor. but to then accuse Australia of poor sportsmanship - especially after what Harbajhan did - is disgraceful.

Symonds has twice now been racially abused and both times India has blamed him for the insults.

And their response to the Test loss yesterday? They threaten to pack up and go home.

If they spent as much time playing cricket as they did having a whinge they may actually develop into a decent team.

mickdo

Coach
HevyDevy said:
Generic eh Moffo?

You accuse Australia of poor behaviour - well I've never, ever seen a side complain so much as India.

Any result, any situation that doesn't suit them, they lodge a complaint. I can understand them being upset at Bucknor. but to then accuse Australia of poor sportsmanship - especially after what Harbajhan did - is disgraceful.

Symonds has twice now been racially abused and both times India has blamed him for the insults.

And their response to the Test loss yesterday? They threaten to pack up and go home.

If they spent as much time playing cricket as they did having a whinge they may actually develop into a decent team.
Well said :clap:

JJ

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
but to then accuse Australia of poor sportsmanship - .

:shock: Australian cricketers showing poor sportsmanship - surely not :sarcasm:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
JJ said:

You dead set have a Smith's factory on your shoulder mate.

shiznit

Coach
JJ said:
i know mate... some of the australian fans on here make me laugh...

to be fair to them though... i dont agree with Moffo... its not Pontings fault this happened. hes the captain of the cricket side... not there father that has to make sure they stay on the straight and narrow.... if anything he went above and beyond when he didnt claim that catch on day 2....

HevyDevy

Coach
JJ said:

Hey I'm not trying to paint the Aussies as saints, but it's a bit rich India of all countries having a whinge about it.

Moffo

Referee
shiznit said:
i know mate... some of the australian fans on here make me laugh...

to be fair to them though... i dont agree with Moffo... its not Pontings fault this happened. hes the captain of the cricket side... not there father that has to make sure they stay on the straight and narrow.... if anything he went above and beyond when he didnt claim that catch on day 2....

so whats the point of being captain if you don't have some influence over your players? its captaincy 101

Moffo

Referee
HevyDevy said:
Generic eh Moffo?

as i said b4, i don't care about what india do. i care about the team that represents me. stop talking about india and think about whether the australian team are doing the right thing