What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rickets and CM any idea?? Don't think so.

zulu

Juniors
In Steve Rickets' write up of the Devils v Burleigh game in the CM today he referred to Norths players Peter Turner, Antonio Kaufusi and Rodney Howe, who have played NRL so far this year. Peter Turner??

Gee Steve it's obvious you were nowhere near the game, but at the very least can you get the names of the players right.

How easy would it have been to do a write up of that game without even attending. Just use the Rod Howe "Big Name" angle give a halftime score and you're done.

The coverage of the QLD Cup on Monday's in the CM is a joke.

dizi

Juniors
I liked how they refered to Aaron Bulow as a prop forward. He has played only one game in the front row all his life.

crocodileman

Juniors
Get off Ricketts' back - from my mail on Aaron Bulow he's lucky if he knows where the team is playing each week he's that thick!! I know his mum, she used to work 3 jobs to pay for Aaron's education, poor lad got lost one day onthe way to school. The fire and rescue fellas dropped him off at home later that day just as his mum was about to call the police. When she asked Aaron why he was with the firies he told her he jumped on the fire truck. When she asked why, he said that it had ladders on the side so he thought they were going to "high" school. True story!!

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Thought your wit was a bit sharper than that nonsense, Croc.

Back on Ricketts - it has always annoyed me how every Queensland Cup player he mentions has to be defined by being "ex - NRL club" rather than being someone important in the Qld Cup.

His classic a while back was - "ex-Gold Coast player Clayton Maher". Maher played two seasons with Gold Coast, he's played for Wynnum since he was six years old and is still going around at 30 odd.

The Courier-Mail coverage has got worse than ever in recent seasons.

dizi

Juniors
Crocodileman you are dead set kidding yourself, or you actually know Bules and are hanging shit in him. Bules was school captain of St Edmunds College in 1999, played in the first 11 cricket team, first 15 rugby team, while captaining Norths colts (premiers) and backing up for A grade in the Ipswich local competition, then achieving an OP 1 (the highest possible level) before attending one of the best universitys in Australia studying physiotherapy and finishing with a degree in Applied Science in Human Movment Science (Exercise Physiology). But back to my original point, whoever delivers your mail must be on drugs.

crocodileman

Juniors
Dizi, I don't know where you got your information from on Aaron Bulow, but I would suggest that you ask to see his qualifications if you really believe the tripe you wrote about him.

First, the St Edmond's First XI in 1999 were a joke. They didn't win a game, got knocked out in the first round of the Coca Cola Cup (a statewide school cricket competition) by that powerhouse school, Marsden State High School!!!!

Second, no St Edmond's boys got an OP 1 in 1999 - if you don't believe me check the Queensland Studies Authority's (QSA) publically held information. It was probably an OP 11 and you (or he) got carried away and used liquid paper to delete one of the 1's.

Third, he was not school captain as you claim - again, ring the school if you don't believe me. Andrew McLaughlin is in their Yearbook as their College Captain. Incidently, Aaron Bulow is quoted in the same College Magazine, when asked about his future aspirations he said:-

"...I reckon I'd like to be a storeman. I like collectin (sic) things in me (sic) spare time, ... and I once drove a forklift to stack crates on a truck."

Fourth, in relation to your claims about him captaining the Norths Colts and then playing A grade, I cannot dispute this. However, I would argue that any person who is stupid enough to play 2 full games of footy in an afternoon is not too bright (refer again to quote in point 3, above, and to previous post).

Fifth, your claims that he has graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Human Movements (Exercise Physiology) from an (unnamed!) university is laughable. This course, and any Human Movements Undergraduate Degree ia a 4 year course. You do the Maths Dizi, you clown. Finished School - 1999. Started Uni - 2000. Finish Uni - 2004??? We're not there yet son!! He's probably got a certificate from Southbank Tafe for a beginners massage course (16 hours).

I suppose, Dizi, I'm at least grateful you didn't tell us he won the Nobel Peace Prize, but I'll tell you what, I wouldn't mind getting a copy of his CV and submitting in an imaginative story telling competition!!

Sydney Carton

Juniors
crocodileman said:
Finished School - 1999. Started Uni - 2000. Finish Uni - 2004??? We're not there yet son!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets count em out loud for you crocky

2000 (that's 1)
2001 (that's 2)
2002 (that's 3)
2003 (that's 4)

Yep, dont know how he crammed four years in since 2000!!!!

Big Tommy

Juniors
Croc man I was very much enjoying your expose until your last point.

Maths obviously is not your strong point CM!

Good to see Stew his put a bit of the proverbial on you - but hopefully you don't have a shallow ego and keep up some of your comments - i like the laugh.

Although ease up on Brothers Valleys we are out there having a go.

crocodileman

Juniors
Sorry Stew,
I had too much red cordial as I was posting that reply, but I am impressed with your mathematical skills. Obviously, you are a man of education - clearly you were one of the elite few of your generation who went to a private school - may I suggest Churchie?

It's obviously much different now though - look at where all our kids are going to school:-
Mud's daughters obviously go to Stuartholme College on the hill at Bardon overlooking Purtell Park. He pays for it by selling the drugs he grows on his Western Darling Downs property where he happily listens to Toowoomba league games on the radio.

Dizi's son goes to Ipswich Grammar School. (They were expelled from St Edmonds because they were going around telling their teachers they were school captain and bragging to all of their Metal Work co-students that they were getting OP 1's!!)

BigTommy, your 'mick' boys obviously go to Padua and your daughter to Mount Alvernia up the road from Corbett Dairy. You work 4 jobs to keep them there and your wife is expecting her 9th child next week (She's only 22!);

XXXXCap has an illegitimate son at Iona College under an assumed name to avoid the Child Support Agency catching up with him over his mob running around the caravan park down in the bay;

Sgt Schultz your squad are hard pressed finding a decent Private College in Redcliffe so they go to Nashville Special School in Sandgate. Thank goodness that these disorders are diagnosed so quickly these days. In your days Schultzy, you were only labelled as a "troublemaker." Last week, they were studying Gandhi and their teacher gave them his famous quote - "Give a man a fish and he eats that night. Give him a fishing rod and he eats for life." So Schultzy thought that he'd take his 'special' lads fishing on the peninsula that weekend. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell Schultzy that you need bait to catch the darn fish!! Don't worry Schultzy, we all have bad days!!!

XXXX Cap

Juniors
It must be a drain on your considerable pocket, Croc, paying for fees and uniforms at Loreto College in your leafy eastern suburbs.

Should take a weight off your shoulders knowing your daughters should follow the Loreto tradition and land themselves doctors or other professionals as husbands. Money well spent, you might say.

dizi

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't want to get into a shit fight but I would like to know your sources.

As I attend the same university that Aaron did (UQ) I can tell you that he did study at the institution.

I would also like to state that unless you get an OP 2 or better they don't let you anywhere near the Physio department and as his brother (the bloke who also told me) is also quite intelligent and not a liar, he did infact study physio.

Also it doesn't matter if St Edmunds were shit at rugby or cricket the point of it was that he achieved outstanding academic success while his time was taken up with other activities.

And also bagging his intelligence for playing two games of footy in an afternoon was sad. If you can't play two games of footy in a day you must be pretty soft.

To finish up I would also like to point out that quite a few univeristies offer Human Movement degrees over 3 years. And your effort with the year he graduated where you felt the need to bag my intelligence was gold. I think it says alot for you level of intelligence.

Please feel free to respond for an intellectual and informative discussion.

crocodileman

Juniors
he did infact study physio
quite a few univeristies offer Human Movement degrees over 3 years.
I think it says alot for you level of intelligence.

Obviously Dizi, you don't take any English classes at UQ! I can't find the words "alot" or "infact" in my dictionary. Also, are"univeristies" anything like universities?

Maybe your kids only go to Bundamba State High and not Ipswich Grammar!

Back to Aaron, I thought I clearly set out my sources in my last post. And as for playing 2 full games of footy in an afternoon - well I hope you never coach!

dizi

Juniors
You're struggling.

I checked my source (a bloke who went to school with Bules) and he did captain St Edmunds college in 1999.

I can't be bothered finding your sources on the net so would you please post a hyper link to the site.

Is there anything eles you would like to discuss crocman?

Sydney Carton

Juniors
crocodileman said:
Sorry Stew,
I had too much red cordial as I was posting that reply, but I am impressed with your mathematical skills. Obviously, you are a man of education - clearly you were one of the elite few of your generation who went to a private school - may I suggest Churchie?

It's obviously much different now though - look at where all our kids are going to school:-
Mud's daughters obviously go to Stuartholme College on the hill at Bardon overlooking Purtell Park. He pays for it by selling the drugs he grows on his Western Darling Downs property where he happily listens to Toowoomba league games on the radio.

Dizi's son goes to Ipswich Grammar School. (They were expelled from St Edmonds because they were going around telling their teachers they were school captain and bragging to all of their Metal Work co-students that they were getting OP 1's!!)

BigTommy, your 'mick' boys obviously go to Padua and your daughter to Mount Alvernia up the road from Corbett Dairy. You work 4 jobs to keep them there and your wife is expecting her 9th child next week (She's only 22!);

XXXXCap has an illegitimate son at Iona College under an assumed name to avoid the Child Support Agency catching up with him over his mob running around the caravan park down in the bay;

Sgt Schultz your squad are hard pressed finding a decent Private College in Redcliffe so they go to Nashville Special School in Sandgate. Thank goodness that these disorders are diagnosed so quickly these days. In your days Schultzy, you were only labelled as a "troublemaker." Last week, they were studying Gandhi and their teacher gave them his famous quote - "Give a man a fish and he eats that night. Give him a fishing rod and he eats for life." So Schultzy thought that he'd take his 'special' lads fishing on the peninsula that weekend. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell Schultzy that you need bait to catch the darn fish!! Don't worry Schultzy, we all have bad days!!!

Great stuff Crocman! :lol:

crocodileman

Juniors
Oh congratulations Bigtommy on your wife's impending birth. If I may be so bold as to offer you some suggestions for names for your new sprog:-
(these names are unisex)

LUCKY - because Brothers/Valleys will be lucky to win a game in their lifetime.

SPEEDBUMP - because this is what Brothers/Valleys players are called as they try to tackle opposition attackers.

BIGLOSER - this one's a cross between your name and your team's philosophical approach to life.

JUDAS - because 40 pieces of silver is just about all the winning bonuses BV players will be paid this year.

Enjoy the Labour.