What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Ponting Cricket 2007

supersoniceagle

Juniors
I think this game was due to be released this week, may already be out. Anyone got it yet? I'm getting a bit tired of Cricket 07 and wouldn't mind something new

BWNB

First Grade
Yea it is, i saw it at the shops today. I want to get it on pc does anyone know how it goes?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I looked at two stores (Big W and WOW) and neither had it in. But the reviews I have read so far have been pretty poor, disappointing because the demo was quite fun.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Not sure but this is the list of games and if they work or not. My computer is too slow to check it myself sorry.

Got the game but it's pretty disappointing, the computer opens the bowling with the two best bowlers in the team which means Murali opens for Sri Lanka and Panesar opens for England and I'm sure Vettori would open for NZ aswell. And too bad if you want to have a game that goes for over 20 overs because just about any delivery with good line and length gets a wicket. I haven't had to make a bowling change in the world cup yet, Bracken and Tait clean them up in the first 10 overs tops and I'm using the hardest difficulty.

Micistm

Bench
I actually enjoyed the first one, although it is an easy, arcadey version of cricket rather than the Cricket '07, which has a learning curve but rewards you ultimately with a more rewarding game.
By the sounds of it though this one sounds more of the same, so no need to upgrade then. I love those 'classic challenges' in the first game...nothing funnier than a 1920's B&W scene, and the atmosphere is ruined when the umpire calls for the third umpire...Lol!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Micistm said:
I actually enjoyed the first one, although it is an easy, arcadey version of cricket rather than the Cricket '07, which has a learning curve but rewards you ultimately with a more rewarding game.
By the sounds of it though this one sounds more of the same, so no need to upgrade then. I love those 'classic challenges' in the first game...nothing funnier than a 1920's B&W scene, and the atmosphere is ruined when the umpire calls for the third umpire...Lol!

Half right, but the classic challenges are gone, you can't edit the names of players and there are alot more glitches. They also made fielding damn near impossible aswell which is annoying when you're playing. You can still have fun with it, particularly online but it's completely void of realism or longevity IMO.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
i hired this one but i didnt get to play it cause i had a date (with a hot chick)

but the game is okay , nothing different to the first one i noticed. bowling didnt seem any better, although i probably bowled a total of 5.4 overs.

batting was pretty much the same, once you got ur timing, which took about 10 minutes every ball goes sailing (this was on the 2nd of 4 levels though)

i dont know if im just blind but there wasnt even a test match mode?? just world cup and champinos trophy, and u could play exhibition tests if u want

Frederick

Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
cause i had a date (with a hot chick)
Thanks for clarifying

but the game is okay , nothing different to the first one i noticed. bowling didnt seem any better, although i probably bowled a total of 5.4 overs.

batting was pretty much the same, once you got ur timing, which took about 10 minutes every ball goes sailing (this was on the 2nd of 4 levels though)

i dont know if im just blind but there wasnt even a test match mode?? just world cup and champinos trophy, and u could play exhibition tests if u want
I thought you said you didn't get to play it :?

[furrycat]

Coach
You can edit player names... You just need to know what you're doing :p
Change the stats; make it harder.
Turn off the pitch reticule. You have nfi where the ball is going to land unless you watch it closely out of his hand.

Latest posts