What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Ponting Cricket 2007

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was thinking about buying it on the 360, but by the sounds of it i might save some cash.

Front-Rower

First Grade
hineyrulz said:
I was thinking about buying it on the 360, but by the sounds of it i might save some cash.

Its actually pretty good game online. The CPU AI is a bit how you going but playing online is fun.

Although you gotta watch out for the dudes who beg and beg to play you then have them in trouble (with bat or ball) they quit.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
You can edit player names... You just need to know what you're doing :p
Change the stats; make it harder.
Turn off the pitch reticule. You have nfi where the ball is going to land unless you watch it closely out of his hand.

On the 360? Impossible.
Changing the stats doesn't stop the batsmen getting humiliated when you're bowling.
Batting isn't the problem with this game, also that doesn't fix Monty Panesar opening the bowling for England.

Online play is dodgy aswell, keeps losing connection. It isn't my internet either because you can still talk to the other players while it's cut out.

hineyrulz said:

You should probably rent it and make up your own mind, alot of people like the game it's just too unrealistic for the rest. If you like to play one dayers that go to, or close to 50 overs each side then it's probably a good idea to give it a miss, if not then it's at least worth a rent.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
On the 360? Impossible.
Changing the stats doesn't stop the batsmen getting humiliated when you're bowling.
Batting isn't the problem with this game, also that doesn't fix Monty Panesar opening the bowling for England.

Online play is dodgy aswell, keeps losing connection. It isn't my internet either because you can still talk to the other players while it's cut out.

You should probably rent it and make up your own mind, alot of people like the game it's just too unrealistic for the rest. If you like to play one dayers that go to, or close to 50 overs each side then it's probably a good idea to give it a miss, if not then it's at least worth a rent.
Cheer's mate, i was going to rent it out last weekend but i got to drunk LOL.

FinalSolution

Juniors
skeepe said:
I'll sum it up in one word.

sh*t.
I'll sum it up in two words TOTAL sh*t.:x :x
I'm glad I hired it before I thought about buying it. It lasted less than an hour in my 360 before it was replaced by Guitar Hero 2 now thats a game that ROCKS.:D

bjm8

Juniors
Bought it for less than half price on ebay, and played it for 3-4 hours so far. Found it a little tough at first, but once you figure out the timing, batting becomes a breeze. I like the confidence meter when your batting so you cant hit 6's all the time unless you get on a roll, but when you put a team on the ropes and there confidence is down when your bowling... it can be very very slow. like them getting dismissed for 1 off 30 balls chasing a run rate of over 10...

bjm8

Juniors
Was playing yesterday and saved a game after 12 overs, and came back to play it and faced about 10 balls before my 20 overs were up. The over count was jumping between 3 and 15 balls every delivery.

Not bad for a $110 game on a $700 system, cant even count deliveries.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
bjm8 said:
Not bad for a $110 game on a $700 system, cant even count deliveries.

Never pay that much for games mate, get 'em off ebay or if you want them brand new go to Big W, I rarely see a game reach the hundred dollar mark there even the brand new ones. Especially a ripoff if it's a bad game like this one.

bjm8

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Never pay that much for games mate, get 'em off ebay or if you want them brand new go to Big W, I rarely see a game reach the hundred dollar mark there even the brand new ones. Especially a ripoff if it's a bad game like this one.

Of course of course. $110 retail, i payed $51 only 3 1/2 weeks after it was released.

Micistm

Bench
Damn right. You'd have to be utterly nuts on a game (or just nuts) to buy a game on immediate release. I bought the original Ricky Ponting from a bargain bin...I won't be buying the new one now you guys have mentioned the challenges aren't there. May as well stick to the one I got, still enjoyable for a blast.
And the main reason I love the new systems is you can get all your PS2 games dirt cheap now!