What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart has destroyed our Club.

Yes you better believe it!

Just got back from the game and the feeling at the ground was so depressing. The silence at times was eerie.

Felt like I was at a funeral.

The Sharks funeral.

Only the most insane supporters were there to pay their last respects.

And from the kickoff it showed there was no life left in this team. It just seemed when the players came out that they were way over it. They knew they had nothing and that Ricky was just pissing in the wind now. In fact he's been doing it for two seasons.

We've been paying Ricky to be an expensive mouth piece for the Club. No more no less. Where are these so called champion players he could influence to join us? Where has the Clubs pride and fight gone? What has happened to the flair and X factor at our Club? And more importantly to the very survival of the Club where have all the fans gone?

Ricky Stuart's time at the Club has been nothing more than a complete and utter failure. He should be ashamed to call himself a coach. Coach my ass!! He's just a robot who's more concerned about his back pocket and his falling standing in the NRL.

FFS he was trying to bail out on us before a ball had even been kicked in anger this year!! And for those that ridiculed the likes of Redback and SSB for their comments stating Ricky Stuart was destroying our Club I think you should agree that they are vindicated now. Even though at times they went on like broken records. It's only because they are passionate about our Club and could see the poor direction he was taking us!

Ricky has left this Club in a huge mess and poor Flano will have a massive job to get this Club to have pride in itself now. The sole has been completely ripped out and the fans don't want to know about it anymore. They are sick of the promises and the rhetric and being made to feel guilty for not emptying their wallets at the Leagues Club door every time the Club is in dire financial trouble.

Ricky you stink and unfortunately the Sharks have a stench about them now. The stench of a rotting corpse!!

redback

Bench
Yes you better believe it!

Just got back from the game and the feeling at the ground was so depressing. The silence at times was eerie.

Felt like I was at a funeral.

The Sharks funeral.

Only the most insane supporters were there to pay their last respects.

And from the kickoff it showed there was no life left in this team. It just seemed when the players came out that they were way over it. They knew they had nothing and that Ricky was just pissing in the wind now. In fact he's been doing it for two seasons.

We've been paying Ricky to be an expensive mouth piece for the Club. No more no less. Where are these so called champion players he could influence to join us? Where has the Clubs pride and fight gone? What has happened to the flair and X factor at our Club? And more importantly to the very survival of the Club where have all the fans gone?

Ricky Stuart's time at the Club has been nothing more than a complete and utter failure. He should be ashamed to call himself a coach. Coach my ass!! He's just a robot who's more concerned about his back pocket and his falling standing in the NRL.

FFS he was trying to bail out on us before a ball had even been kicked in anger this year!! And for those that ridiculed the likes of Redback and SSB for their comments stating Ricky Stuart was destroying our Club I think you should agree that they are vindicated now. Even though at times they went on like broken records. It's only because they are passionate about our Club and could see the poor direction he was taking us!

Ricky has left this Club in a huge mess and poor Flano will have a massive job to get this Club to have pride in itself now. The sole has been completely ripped out and the fans don't want to know about it anymore. They are sick of the promises and the rhetric and being made to feel guilty for not emptying their wallets at the Leagues Club door every time the Club is in dire financial trouble.

Ricky you stink and unfortunately the Sharks have a stench about them now. The stench of a rotting corpse!!

Great post. I was there and thats exactly how it felt! I think it's over!

Generalzod

Immortal
I for one was a supporter of Ricky but I have turned to the dark side, Ricky has destroyed our club, he has been an utter failure.

Last edited:

Wobbygong

First Grade
BTR might get upset with this thread he's spent the whole season gagging on Rick's stumpy little pole.

Ausguy

Coach
Good Post DS...

I had a bad headache today... wit was gone by about 430pm.... no joke at 8pm i had it back again...

this club is doing my fkin head in.

Bet the leagues club is pumping right now...

But DS, everyone knows that the fish rots from the head.

Yes your right Frenzy.

On and off the field the Club has been a failure.

Lots of huffing and puffing from those in power and not enough substance.

But the smokescreens are clearing and boy doesn't it expose a mess!

Good Post DS...

I had a bad headache today... wit was gone by about 430pm.... no joke at 8pm i had it back again...

this club is doing my fkin head in.

Bet the leagues club is pumping right now...

The mortician is pumping in the chemicals already?

f**k their quick!

Who's being lined up for the eulogy?

azzah72

Bench
There are a select few that have said it from the beginning, then theres a select few who have regurgitated all sorts of sh*t defending this clown.

and yet, we are essentially spooners. 2 years in a row.

I have lost all faith in this club. I really have. All the sitting in the pouring rain and watching us get our assess handed to us, I had this inkling still, but not anymore.

Who else was at the game tonight?

Seriously it was the worst atmosphere I have ever experienced.

I've been to funerals that had more life to them!

bono69

Juniors
he needs to step aside now and let flanno build for nxt yr for someone who actually cares about the club and tell ricky to take tim smith with him i used to love him but now he is terrible

Frenzy.

Post Whore
he needs to step aside now and let flanno build for nxt yr for someone who actually cares about the club and tell ricky to take tim smith with him i used to love him but now he is terrible

HAHAHA A week is a long time in footy they say.

badav

Bench
Y

Its not like the sharks weren't a Basket Case before Ricky Stuart got there.

He, like virtually every other coach before him, completely failed to change that.

Cronulla needs a hell of alot more than Stuart Flanagan to turns things around.

Windy70

Juniors
Didn't even watch the game. Sick of puting myself through that pain.

To be honest, With or without Sticky, the heart of this club has been broken and will take more than a new coach and few new recruits to fix it.

Stuart must go, but it won't be an instant mend.

The Dodger

First Grade
Its not like the sharks weren't a Basket Case before Ricky Stuart got there.

He, like virtually every other coach before him, completely failed to change that.

Cronulla needs a hell of alot more than Stuart Flanagan to turns things around.

Sad but true.

millersnose

Post Whore
ummm

ricky is well on the way to converting a squad that less than 2 years ago was equal first to a double challenge for the spoon

it follows very much the same script as his tenure at the roosters

while i am not joining in the 'ricky destroyed our club' rhetoric it is clear he doesnt anymore enjoy the support of the clubor the fanbase, and motivating the players is becoming an issue

perhaps he thought he could turn it around in his final weeks

hearing matt adamson say he did not talk football at all at halftime but through a tanty instead tells me he is on an emotional crusade - one that is about trying to erase his poor record here and avoiding a repeat of his demise at the roosters so that he can salvage his career

each loss now reduces his chances of getting hired as a 1st grade coach

but that isnt the sharks problem

if he doesnt fall on his sword this week he should be pushed

ummm

ricky is well on the way to converting a squad that less than 2 years ago was equal first to a double challenge for the spoon

it follows very much the same script as his tenure at the roosters

while i am not joining in the 'ricky destroyed our club' rhetoric it is clear he doesnt anymore enjoy the support of the clubor the fanbase, and motivating the players is becoming an issue

perhaps he thought he could turn it around in his final weeks

hearing matt adamson say he did not talk football at all at halftime but through a tanty instead tells me he is on an emotional crusade - one that is about trying to erase his poor record here and avoiding a repeat of his demise at the roosters so that he can salvage his career

each loss now reduces his chances of getting hired as a 1st grade coach

but that isnt the sharks problem

if he doesnt fall on his sword this week he should be pushed

Yep he should be asked to leave immediately.

Of course we can't afford to sack him.

But if Stuart has any sense left he should know that the current situation is doing him and the Club no good anymore. In fact it's deeply hurting any chances of a recovery from either entity.

With every train wreck he is behind the chances of re employment as a "coach" decrease.