What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart v top-eight sides

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I actually think Stuart's done a pretty good job with Canberra if I'm completely honest. The side was an absolute disaster when he took over. There are problems with defensive structure but his buys have all been absolutely inspired.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
:lol: Fun cops? Please, he's got an entire thread dedicated to him which gets bumped on a weekly basis (well, weekly when he loses, no one seems THAT keen when he's had a win) and not a single raiders fans gives a shit :lol:

Im just saying this thread is like busting Ivan Milats balls for Library books he never returned. :lol:

Haha cmon, winning games v top eight sides is much more important than a serial killer's library books if you're judging a coach.

The Panthers had their credentials questioned last year about beating top eight sides and rightly so early on.

I'm not sure, is it because Ricky has no idea of the game plan and structure to beat a good side, or (as is my guess) his man management is so shithouse that his players don't believe they can win?

Look at last week - they get touched up by a good Roosters side and he basically says his side are so inferior they shouldn't really even bother until they find a genie that will grant them three wishes and even more rep players. And if you're a promising up and coming half like Cornish, you get 4 weeks to be a superstar or you're back down to park footy.

No excuses next week if they can't beat the Storm at home.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
People underestimate how much trouble the raiders were in during furners last year. There was practically open revolt by the players. Wighton openly saying he wanted to get out of Canberra, Ferguson just disappearing, the money tied up in the forward pack who were all vastly too big for the rules, mccrone playing 100 games.

Stuart came in and saw that we sucked at hooker and instead of just giving up like the club had done in the past he went to England. He signed a half in Austin who has added so much leadership to the side.

I don't expect to win a premiership any time soon but at least the clubs improving.

some11

Referee
I liked it better when he hadn't won a back to back game since June 2009.

Seriously, f**k you Tigers for letting it happen.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I love a good chance to stick the boot into sticky as much as the next guy, but the 2014 Broncos couldn't look any more different from the 2009 Broncos if it tried.

Pointless thread.

nick87

Coach
Hardly straw clutching. If you base it on top 8 clubs from the finals its basically the same number.

He beat the Rabbits in round 4, away from home, against their full strength team. That rabbits team went on to dominate the comp, and canter home in the finals to their first premiership in 40 years.

The entire premise of the thread falls right on it's face there and then. As said, there is any number of reasons to abuse Stuart, many of which id happily join in on as im far from convinced about his coaching myself... but this thread? Honestly its laughable :lol:

thorson1987

Coach
Do love a good love a good sticky bashing thread, but this is just stupid.

A better fact is is that he has managed to reverse the dragons hoodoo of not being able to beat the raiders.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He beat the Rabbits in round 4, away from home, against their full strength team. That rabbits team went on to dominate the comp, and canter home in the finals to their first premiership in 40 years.

The entire premise of the thread falls right on it's face there and then. As said, there is any number of reasons to abuse Stuart, many of which id happily join in on as im far from convinced about his coaching myself... but this thread? Honestly its laughable :lol:

Ignore it then. Let those who don't see it as laughable and actually see it as a ridiculously poor record for a guy with his tenure in the NRL discuss it.

Can I bump it in six weeks if he's still building an empire on beating bad sides and bemoaning his lack of rep players in losing to decent ones?

lynx000

Juniors
The reality is that this is last chance saloon for Stuart. If he does not at the minimum turn the raiders into a top 8 side, I just cannot see him being signed to another contract anywhere. He will not be walking out on this contract to sign with someone else. He either succeeds or inevitably gets the boot in about a year.

The only good buy Sticky has made is the Pommy hooker, all the others were blatantly obvious. All the real guns he tried to sign like Teddy and Mansour refused to go there

Did you even read my post you dumb f**k? Yes they have been good but eveyone knew they would be and Sticky shouldn't get credit