What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
My personal opinion is that I know my/our team is ordinary I just don't need the coach ramming that Down my throat all season long, (bit of a cop out) and finally I don't care how ordinary our roster is 50 zip is not acceptable under any circumstances, people work hard and expect better for their money.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Some of these guys are trying hard, they just aren't up to it. Thats not their fault. There is quite a gap between reserve grade and first grade.

Eels Dude

Coach
Well he has a duty to attend post match press conferences and answer the questions posed to him. I don't know what else you expect him to say when he believes we have a weak roster. I agree 50 zip isn't acceptable under any circumstances but I doubt Stuart will be as reserved and courteous behind closed doors with those players whose performances were below par.

eels81236

Bench
Are you saying that a manly, storm for example would have been by 50 last night? If yes you need ur head read mate, fkn dumb comment.

No, mate. It's just an in joke between me and my brother.

Ricky said it after being beaten by 30 odd at Cronulla one day. It was intended to emphasise how tight a unit they had and how they would kill for one another.They didn't win many games that year either.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
"They looked poorly coached" lol

The fact is they are poorly led. The Roosters are not a 50 point better side than us, and we were competing (but looking unlikely to win) until we made two cheap errors that led to tries.

Then we dropped our heads and there were no leaders there to pick them up.

The lack of talent doesn't explain 50-0. We put 40 points on the Warriors three weeks ago. We have as much talent as the other 7 or 8 shit sides in the NRL. But we have struggled for quality leadership since long before Nathan Cayless retired.

Djay

Juniors
I am struggling to see how "they tried there best", to me they looked like they didn't give a f**k and some performances were some what horrendous. Maybe I wasn't watching the same game, but when you lose by 50 'trying" simply just does not cut it.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Like Gordy said after the game none of the players put their bodies on the line none!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No, mate. It's just an in joke between me and my brother.

Ricky said it after being beaten by 30 odd at Cronulla one day. It was intended to emphasise how tight a unit they had and how they would kill for one another.They didn't win many games that year either.

He might have to revise that now to "Any other team would have been beaten by 70".

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...mbarrassment-for-the-game-20130402-2h57k.html

5. The Parramatta Eels - it takes time

The Eels will probably face more big defeats during the next few months. Mind you, they won't be the only ones. Sometimes there's just no getting away from this reality. There is nowhere to hide. You have to face up and accept your lumps like men. It takes time to rebuild a club and to develop a competitive NRL team. It would be much easier if you could start from scratch with no club at all. Unfortunately, most of the work for the first couple of years revolves around inherited problems and a losing culture. In Parramatta's favour though, is the fact the club is strong financially and it has great corporate support from motivated sponsors. Eels fans need to be patient. There is a lot of work to be done to restore this club to its former greatness. I'm sure the Eels will get there.

Tony Bongo

Bench
this is round 4, what did you expect ?

Listening to Ricky one could have expected four losses. I get that he is trying to get the fans to face the reality that we don't have a roster as strong as most other clubs on paper but I for one think it's a coaches job to get his team to believe in themselves and achieve more than they thought possible.
Basically what Stuart is telling our players is that most of them are too shit individually to expect to win many games rather than telling them that as a team united they can be successful.
Do we have a weak roster? Yes we probably do but we also have a very young and inexperienced roster that is capable of much more if they reach their potential. I can't see them reaching that potential if our coach is saying that they simply are not good enough.
Sure you need a talented roster that works hard to win games but you also need a roster that believes in themselves and each other. If the coach doesn't believe in them and he is also telling the fans not to then how the hell does he expect his players to?