What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ringas

Ringas

Juniors
My last post was in July 2019 about dragons jobs for the boys at the dragons we are in last position today with no coach no main sponsor and no hope.The dragons board will give the job to a ex player with no NRL experience again the same as Brown Price mc Gregor an waist another 10 years .But don't worry the club will be gone by then so will the jobs for the boys does anyone remember Bennett he never had any connections to the dragons . Don't worry the surf's still up in Wollongong and there no one on the board that cares.

Fox 45

Juniors
I am nearly 60 and have been a passionate dragons fan all my life, I have watched all their games live ever since all games were broadcast. I can never recall the club being in such a mess as it seems now. As much as I liked Dean Young as a player, if he is given the head coaching job it will be the last straw for me and I will no longer watch or go to any more games. Dean has no credentials to be offered the role and it would just reek of the jobs for the boys mentality and continue with the rabble of a board maintaining their control and jobs over this once great club. I am so disappointed with the club’s management and am hanging on hoping that they can correct the errors of the past 10 years by implementing a more effective structure in the club beginning with a proven football and pathways managers. Like many I have always suspected that Young would return as head coach

Puff

First Grade
I am nearly 60 and have been a passionate dragons fan all my life, I have watched all their games live ever since all games were broadcast. I can never recall the club being in such a mess as it seems now. As much as I liked Dean Young as a player, if he is given the head coaching job it will be the last straw for me and I will no longer watch or go to any more games. Dean has no credentials to be offered the role and it would just reek of the jobs for the boys mentality and continue with the rabble of a board maintaining their control and jobs over this once great club. I am so disappointed with the club’s management and am hanging on hoping that they can correct the errors of the past 10 years by implementing a more effective structure in the club beginning with a proven football and pathways managers. Like many I have always suspected that Young would return as head coach
Post of the year.

These were my thoughts long ago. Club wouldn’t make a change for the better so I eventually did. And couldn’t be happier. Actually enjoying football now.

Nanadragon

Juniors
Post of the year.

These were my thoughts long ago. Club wouldn’t make a change for the better so I eventually did. And couldn’t be happier. Actually enjoying football now.
Sorry Puff but I could never change my team. I have been a Saint since the early 60's. If the Dragons disappear that will be the end of following league for me.
Not only has our Board stuffed up but so have the people running this game with their favouritism of certain teams, poor refereeing, bunker interference, etc. etc.
I stopped paying my red v membership last year as I wasn't happy with the club's direction.
Lord knows where we'll end up but, like others, if Dean Young becomes the next coach that'll do me.

jak

Bench
Sorry Puff but I could never change my team. I have been a Saint since the early 60's. If the Dragons disappear that will be the end of following league for me.
Not only has our Board stuffed up but so have the people running this game with their favouritism of certain teams, poor refereeing, bunker interference, etc. etc.
I stopped paying my red v membership last year as I wasn't happy with the club's direction.
Lord knows where we'll end up but, like others, if Dean Young becomes the next coach that'll do me.
for me, this is the NEW post of the year

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

X2

Illusion

Bench
My last post was in July 2019 about dragons jobs for the boys at the dragons we are in last position today with no coach no main sponsor and no hope.The dragons board will give the job to a ex player with no NRL experience again the same as Brown Price mc Gregor an waist another 10 years .But don't worry the club will be gone by then so will the jobs for the boys does anyone remember Bennett he never had any connections to the dragons . Don't worry the surf's still up in Wollongong and there no one on the board that cares.
Said the same long time ago , the joint is toxic , and if the board and all the Youngs , Dousts and now Gordon's don't stand down and allow an independent board nothing will change ....... Also have said as long as daddy is still there D. Young is a chance of being our new coach .......

shazam

Juniors
A
Agree

matPORTS

Juniors
If the club gives Young (or Hornby or any other rookie) the job without the correct foundations being put in place (identified during the interview process with Ryles), then we are doomed to failure.

We've seen this all before...

We went in hard for both Bellamy and Bennett again to coach us in 2015 & beyond, but both instances failed. We ended up with the old boy taking the job in what was basically a 'no contest'. Fair enough, Bellamy and Bennett rejected us, but what was the back up plan in terms of seeking out other outside options in the market??

The peanut then ends up becoming the longest serving coach in the entire history of St George, Illawarra, and STGI. Make no bones about it, this has ruined us for decades to come !! As much as Hook failed to galvanise the playing group, no one can downplay the mess that was left behind by the previous regime, no matter how hard they may try.

Message to Dean Young (and Ben Hornby) - you were both pivotal in helping us win our elusive premiership after a long drought in 2010. You played with a handful of other 'best in generation' players. You were coached by arguably the greatest of all time. I know you are passionate about this great club (and jeez it is so hard to believe that we are actually considered as a great club at this moment in time), but this is a ruthless results driven business. Take note about the decisions made by your mate Jason Ryles. Phone up and have a long chat with Ryles, Wayne Bennett and your former premiership winning team mates. Turn over every stone before you even consider taking this job and agreeing to any contract or T&Cs.

DO NOT BECOME A PUPPET FOR THIS INCOMPETENT AND OUT OF DEPTH BOARD AND FRONT OFFICE !!!

None of us want you to fail. But if you take this job without conducting the proper due diligence and ensuring the foundations are put in place to, not just assure but GET long term success (stakeholders of this club are sick of assurances and are demanding success + results), you are putting your reputation at considerable risk.

jeffdragon

Bench
If the club gives Young (or Hornby or any other rookie) the job without the correct foundations being put in place (identified during the interview process with Ryles), then we are doomed to failure.

We went in hard for both Bellamy and Bennett again to coach us in 2015 & beyond, but both instances failed. We ended up with the old boy taking the job in what was basically a 'no contest'. Fair enough, Bellamy and Bennett rejected us, but what was the back up plan in terms of seeking out other outside options in the market??

The peanut then ends up becoming the longest serving coach in the entire history of St George, Illawarra, and STGI. Make no bones about it, this has ruined us for decades to come !! As much as Hook failed to galvanise the playing group, no one can downplay the mess that was left behind by the previous regime, no matter how hard they may try.

Message to Dean Young (and Ben Hornby) - you were both pivotal in helping us win our elusive premiership after a long drought in 2010. You played with a handful of other 'best in generation' players. You were coached by arguably the greatest of all time. I know you are passionate about this great club (and jeez it is so hard to believe that we are actually considered as a great club at this moment in time), but this is a ruthless results driven business. Take note about the decisions made by your mate Jason Ryles. Phone up and have a long chat with Ryles, Wayne Bennett and your former premiership winning team mates. Turn over every stone before you even consider taking this job and agreeing to any contract or T&Cs.

DO NOT BECOME A PUPPET FOR THIS INCOMPETENT AND OUT OF DEPTH BOARD AND FRONT OFFICE !!!

None of us want you to fail. But if you take this job without conducting the proper due diligence and ensuring the foundations are put in place to, not just assure but GET long term success (stakeholders of this club are sick of assurances and are demanding success + results), you are putting your reputation at considerable risk.
For me Young when he called them Dapto under 9s .
We see how in a short space of time as a replacement that he doesn't have it.

Dragon David

First Grade

Well said matPORTS. I like what you said - good on you!

stevedragon

Juniors
I’m 70. Been a dragons man since dad took me to kogarah as a 10: year old. We went to the SCG many times as we were normally match of the round. At the SCG when the dragons run came to an end against the Berries. Now, I hardly go. This mighty club is buggered. So sad.

Revesby boy

Juniors
If your so happy, why are you still here, if we are that bad that it made you change teams, leave from here as well and go hang out in the dolphins forum..
Actually this is the new “post of the year “ sorry but how the f**k can anyone support a team and then decide to go and follow another team ?!?!?! Obviously was never a True Believer !!!!!

BLM01

First Grade
Na. Our club BOD and management is like the bunker. Everyone outside their bubble can see the correct answer and apply commonsense but they would rather see what they want to see to spite everyone.

BLM01

First Grade

I am really hoping Young is just a figment of the medias imagination that he is not even on our radar.
He has had 2.5 yrs under a rookie coach himself (I dont count working under Mary as proper training) with only 1 successful year and even that year faded in the semis.
I dont know why i could see Hornby has the smarts and the attitude we need to be a good coach however Des and Flanno expereinced premiership winning coaches are waiting by the phone.
I said it before they only need to interview those 2 and decide next week. Only our club could &@#$ this up.