What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ringas

SEAT 1A

Bench
It's ashame their is no relegation system if you get the spoon ....... that would have them all running to hide ......

They would all jump ship and blame everything and everyone else for the disaster they left the place in.

At least they would never be seen again in the NRL after destroying the greatest club in rugby league and I would never thought I would "like" Illusions post however, here we are.

Dragon David

First Grade
My understanding of the owners of the dragons is the Gordon family win corporation I hear Bruce is 94 and lives overseas is this true if so it no wonder there is no captain on the boat would Nick Politis run his club this way is this true
Can you imagine Nick Politis being in the Caribbean drinking cocktails and having an afternoon siesta while the Roosters head staff doing what the Dragons guys are? No bloody way. Brucie baby just leaves everything to his children and trusts them and the useless others that they will keep the business just ticking over fine for him and not to be bothered with some trifling thing like the club coming last and in deep shit.

I wonder what will happen once the old man has departed? Will his benefactors want out of being owners of part of the Club? Let's hope so!!

Ringas

Juniors
Are the Gordon family interested in the dragons or the real-estate both clubs own and the land around it in two major cities.They put a lot of money into the club but show now football leadership maybe they don't know the game or care like Nick or do they have other interests in the club's assets I hope not as they spend there money on very in experience leaders what owner would allow three coach,s with no NRL coaching experience if this was my money the board was waisting if I where the Gordon family I'd sack the board for waisting my money .We all thank the Gordon family but show some leadership with your hard earned money and the members hard earned money

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Dragons disappeared long ago mate. Yours and my club are no longer here, yet you have fooled yourself into believing this is St. George.

This club has 1 premiership mate, yet you're still here?

Mate you have changed clubs, you just don't know it, and are willing not to see it.

This club is now St George Illawarra, run and owned by the Illawarra. I am not sure what else to say.

We lost The Dragons back when we merged.
Can I ask a simple question...if your loyalty now lies with the Dolphins why do you still go under the handle of Puff ....I would suggest it derived from Reg Gasnier or Puff the Magic Dragon......Puff the Dolphin doesnt really do it for me mate

rasaint

Juniors
Let’s hope Shane Flanagan gets the nod. If Dean Young comes most dragons fans won’t be behind him. A great player like Dean doesn’t deserve to be seen as a stench around the place. His time maybe can come 5 or 10 years down the track.

We need to keep our best players Hunt, Sua, (as examples) and recruit genuine good ones. I’m not saying Flano is a miracle worker but will have the ability to attract top talent better than anyone Else available. We need players wanting to come. That’s the key - recruitment. We won in 2010 with a power pack of forwards and blisteringly fast backline. The sensible and wily Ben Hornby the leader under Bennett.

Dragon David

First Grade
Let’s hope Shane Flanagan gets the nod. If Dean Young comes most dragons fans won’t be behind him. A great player like Dean doesn’t deserve to be seen as a stench around the place. His time maybe can come 5 or 10 years down the track.

We need to keep our best players Hunt, Sua, (as examples) and recruit genuine good ones. I’m not saying Flano is a miracle worker but will have the ability to attract top talent better than anyone Else available. We need players wanting to come. That’s the key - recruitment. We won in 2010 with a power pack of forwards and blisteringly fast backline. The sensible and wily Ben Hornby the leader under Bennett.

Yes I agree with Flanno. He gets my tick.

Are the Gordon family interested in the dragons or the real-estate both clubs own and the land around it in two major cities.They put a lot of money into the club but show now football leadership maybe they don't know the game or care like Nick or do they have other interests in the club's assets I hope not as they spend there money on very in experience leaders what owner would allow three coach,s with no NRL coaching experience if this was my money the board was waisting if I where the Gordon family I'd sack the board for waisting my money .We all thank the Gordon family but show some leadership with your hard earned money and the members hard earned money
Post of the year.

BLM01

First Grade
Can you imagine Nick Politis being in the Caribbean drinking cocktails and having an afternoon siesta while the Roosters head staff doing what the Dragons guys are? No bloody way. Brucie baby just leaves everything to his children and trusts them and the useless others that they will keep the business just ticking over fine for him and not to be bothered with some trifling thing like the club coming last and in deep shit.

I wonder what will happen once the old man has departed? Will his benefactors want out of being owners of part of the Club? Let's hope so!!
Maybe. maybe not. But Uncle Nick does spend some time in Greece regularly (not sure about sipping cocktails) as well as managing his many business / real estate projects he has here and abroad.
You have got to remember its the Roosters BOD who are full of successful business people in their own right and a strong football club staff and CEO that have their finger on the pulse. Nick is just a very successful wealthy figurehead of all that who has invested a lot of money, time and resources since 1970's? and getting the right people in
We have only had the Gordons since?. And how successful is our BOD as a collective unit, we my have some smart bsusiness people but... and dare I need to go into our football department which is poorly managed and run
That also falls in part on our CEO + BOD

denis preston

First Grade
Na. Our club BOD and management is like the bunker. Everyone outside their bubble can see the correct answer and apply commonsense but they would rather see what they want to see to spite everyone.
Exactly, they are all mates withe players as well, judging them with rose colored glasses. “ Birdy, Mo, Burnsy, Junior, Feagai, Massa will come good , they are trying real hard “ Carr is starting the change but we need at least 4 x 500k plus players on our roster next year , and not the 500k plus type performance we are getting from Bird, Mbye & Lomax at present.

beecww

Juniors
I said it in the Ryles thread. With the difficulty for full members to even get a say on our football clubs future let alone get on the board and make a difference.
What did Creagh have to do to be airlifted into a BOD position? is my biggest question or lack of understanding
He was perfect for this board. In his first interview after getting the position, he could see no red flags around Griffin's coaching tenure.

BLM01

First Grade
He was perfect for this board. In his first interview after getting the position, he could see no red flags around Griffin's coaching tenure.
That was public answer and to be frank he could not say any different at the time in that space. Needs to be kept in house

BLM01

First Grade
Exactly, they are all mates withe players as well, judging them with rose colored glasses. “ Birdy, Mo, Burnsy, Junior, Feagai, Massa will come good , they are trying real hard “ Carr is starting the change but we need at least 4 x 500k plus players on our roster next year , and not the 500k plus type performance we are getting from Bird, Mbye & Lomax at present.
Yes but I don’t want the BOD nor should they have any involvement with recruitment
That is what the professional football dept and coach look after unless it is to override and say no for reputational risk reasons like Folau etc

Latest posts