What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Terry Jenner

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I just head the very sad news that TJ has passed away, repsonsible for helping Warnie become the best spinner of all time IMO. And i always enjoyed his insightful commentary on the ABC.

Red Bear

Referee
Just saw that.

Controversial, had a stint in prison didnt he? But certainly a good spinners coach, helped out Warnie alot obviously. RIP

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/25/3226763.htm?site=sport

r772941_6591656.jpg

Former Australian Test spinner Terry Jenner, who helped mould Shane Warne into one of the world's greatest bowlers, has passed away at the age of 66.
Jenner played nine Tests for Australia in the 1970s but is best known for being Warne's spinning mentor.
After his playing days he became a coach at the Cricket Academy in Adelaide and also did commentary work for the ABC.

Patorick

Staff member
http://terryjenner.blogspot.com/

Goodbye TJ

Terry passed away peacefully today just a month and a half after the anniversary of his heart attack.

He wanted to be at home with his family and we were able to share the last few days with him.

For the past year I have continuously expressed our thanks for all the support we have had and say again we really have appreciated all the care and concern.

At this time we really need to spend time as a family and would appreciate being given that time.

Terry's funeral will be held at the Adelaide Oval and details will be advised in the Advertiser shortly.

Many people will miss him and the world will not be the same now he has gone but it many ways it will be a better thing for him.

Thank you again for your love and care

Ann

Latest posts