What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RJ Sports announce proposed 5 a side team

RJ SPORTS ANNOUNCE PROPOSED 5 A SIDE SOCCER TEAM
<u>Local Soccer</u>: (Leeds)
RJ Sports Empires Limited have this eveningproposed a brand new5 a side Football team at a press-conference in Headingleyindicating their intentions to become a major force in local5a side Football competitions.
RJ Sports, who currently sponsor Foxcroft Road5 a side are expanding its sponsorship to new heights in setting up a new team which is hoped will generate money through making short tours across the United Kingdom. Richard Joyce and John Gascoyne, the two founders are hoping that within the future, this new team can become a small scale force, even facing overseas teams like Foxcroft have done.

Ina press-conference at the Queenswood Sports Association (QSA) HQ, Foxcroft Road, Headingley Richard and John stated the fact that this team is at the moment, only a 'proposal'. They hope to generate enough interest within Abbey Grange Sixth Form to form a strong team. They hope to start off by facing other domestic 5 a side teams within the school and are currently looking for both a team nickname and a part time club manager. "We will be contacting several known potential players and a manager who has experienced sport at a reasonably high level standard." said Joyce, joint chairman with John (Gascoyne).

Picture from RJ Sports Empires Limited and QSA Online.
fetch.dll

Above, Richard Joyce (left) and John Gascoyne during a press-conference.

RJ Sports Empires have already made a shortlist for the teammanager's job. "Myself and Richard (Joyce) have decided on one or two possible candidates, which we will be announcing in the near future." said Gascoyne, also known as Gazza' or Scully'.

As for a team name, both chairman's announced during the news-conference (exclusive only to RJ Sports Empires Limited and associates) that they have several names in mind, including the second name of Mr Clive Smythe, a Travel and Tourism, Leisure and P.E (Physical Education)teacher at Abbey Grange C of E High School Sixth Form. "Yeah we have a few names in mind, funny one's too, (he laughs) oh yeah we have Leeds Lions', Adel Porks, RJ Quarkus, Gazza's Scruffs, Kiddy Kidders, Headingley Bulldogs, Smythey's Troops', Smythe United, Smythey Boyz', Smythey Smackers' and Huts Nuts'." said Gascoyne and Joyce.
On team ambitions Richard and John are aiming high. "I felt I got as far as I could get Foxcroft Road, after a superb start in the 2000 season, we struggled to find interest as we dropped our semi-professional (very small scale) status turning it into a hobby. Although we faced teams from Japan and South Korea, I thought it was time for me (at RJ Sports) to take a new team on, and to a higher level." said R.Joyce, in a serious manner.

For Gascoyne this is a new venture and is very excited by the challenge ahead. "I hope we can make a success out of this and achieve a lot with a successful manager, who will also be announced in a press-conference, hopefully by next Saturday night."explained Gascoyne.

RJ Sports can guarantee we will be the first to announce exclusively online who they have got on board. Suggestions and rumours on the forum boards tell us Clive Smythe is the odds on favourite for the job, certainly a likely option for them with him teaching the lads at Sixth Form.
Article by Richard Joyce and John Gascoyne.

rj- rjworldsportsnews