What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL independence day arrives - NRL Independent Commission announced

Perth Red

Post Whore
so can anyone tell me why this latest spat by the clubs should delay the commision taking power? Surely they could take over and deal with the club funding issue, in fact it would be a better outcome all round as they would be making the decisions for the future that they will control.

Parra

Referee
so can anyone tell me why this latest spat by the clubs should delay the commision taking power? Surely they could take over and deal with the club funding issue, in fact it would be a better outcome all round as they would be making the decisions for the future that they will control.

Without the NRL clubs there is nothing for the commission to 'take power' over.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Can anyone tell me if the ARL will have any role after the independent commission takes over (if it ever does)? Or will it become completely defunct with the state bodies taking over their other roles (such as junior development)?

blukablu

Juniors
Can anyone tell me if the ARL will have any role after the independent commission takes over (if it ever does)? Or will it become completely defunct with the state bodies taking over their other roles (such as junior development)?

When the IC comes in the ARL will cease to exist.

taipan

Referee
You can bet your house,it will be the 1st of something.
I am more inclined to April Fools Day 1st April,coinciding with the SL war start.:sarcasm:
At the moment the I.C could stand for Internal Combustion,for what it's worth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
18months+ since News and ARL agreed to hand over power. No wonder our game has never reached its full potential, procrastination is something the code seems to do very well!

Parra

Referee
18months+ since News and ARL agreed to hand over power. No wonder our game has never reached its full potential, procrastination is something the code seems to do very well!

The proposal was conditional. No agreement has been reached.

siv

First Grade
another ARLC date comes and goes

today we have TV rights with the NRL for 1 year and no clubs signed to play in the comp

and everything else being signed over to the ARLC

--

what a shambless

IllawarraGiant

Juniors
utterly embarassing: where the hell is the leadership... from ANYONE?
Its a debacle that undermines credibility a little more every single day.. luckily I dont think the media have really picked up on how bad this is.. no one is death riding this .. yet.

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's been a long time since rugby league has had a leader of substance.

gallophead172.jpg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Strike while the iron is hot
He who hesitates is lost
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today

shall I go on?