What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL: Qld Origin team named NO SHARKS !!!

SANDMAN078

Juniors
BRISBANE, May 16 AAP - Queensland team named today for the
opening match of the 2005 State of Origin rugby league series at
Suncorp Stadium on May 25:-
Billy Slater, Ty Williams, Shaun Berrigan, Paul Bowman, Matt
Sing, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Steve Price,
Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Michael Crocker, Brad Thorn,
Tonie Carroll. Interchange: Ben Ross, Carl Webb, Chris Flannery,
Matt Bowen.
AAP nh

Shark

Bench
No Scott Prince huh? When do we play the Tigers again? Bugger...!

As for Carroll and Thorn being eligible...What a croc.

And tell me that Ben Ross is playing better than Nuts?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Strong looking side. Good to see Ty Williams getting a run.

Good to see the Cowboys outdoing the Broncs for representation as well.

Shark

Bench
Just checked the draw.

Round 14, Friday Night, right before Origin 2...And we play the Tigers, who have no Origin players, while we're without Noddy...

Hope Scott Prince gets a call up for Origin 2...

McLovin

Staff member
So all we are missing for Sundays match is BK. Panthers have Rooney and Ross out.

Looking forward to it...

black_dot

Juniors
Gowers presence and noddys absence will be a huge mountain to get over for us.

Their halves are in place, their fullback will be firing.

Should be a torrid clash .

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Connell said:
So all we are missing for Sundays match is BK. Panthers have Rooney and Ross out.

Looking forward to it...

All???

Unfortunately for us 1 Noddy = 5 Rosses and 5 Rooneys

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Nutley is another baby eater like Bevan.

He should play for NZ might help him get picked for QLD.

carinashark

First Grade
The less players we have in Origin the Better! We will need all the points we can get to get a home final. Every club game is that hard in this comp. But how good are we going!!!!!! Three away wins in a row against some of the best attacking teams in the comp. Go u sharkies.
Carinashark

millersnose

Post Whore
noddy was only responsible for 12 points this weekend

in all seriousness though

this is were we will see if the hype around simmons covell vagana gallen bailey bird sullivan and even dykes and peachey measures up

they have to perform in attack

we are still a very limited attacking side and 3/4 of that attack is created by 1 man

a real test for raper

wittyfan

Referee
Penrith haven't functioned well all year so we're some chance.

I think Queensland will take the series this year, the NSW team is a total mish-mash of selections.

sharkmachine07

Juniors
i think this is the time were dykes needs to stand up and play really well panthers are playing ordinary footy as sullyfan has sed if we can put some points on them in the first half and then in the secend half just put a fight it out and put some more tries on them ie the panters dragons match it was low scoring in first half and then the dragons came out and naild them in 2nd half thats what we need to do. we need to show every body we can win matches without noddy

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
QLD is worse, as per usual the NSW selectors make me shake my head then QLD/NZ top it.

Crocker???? :lol:
No Wesser?

NSW will win and easily IMO.

what a crocker sh*te

big tets for us without noddy against panthers with all their key players. to win we will have to out-enthuse their pack and get over them.

noddy's kicking game will be sorely missed. i'm sure the team will play well and give it 110% !

PeacheyPower

Juniors
On the back of the Panthers current form,even without Noddy we'd have to think we're a good chance of beating them.

If a depleted Raiders side can come back from 18-0 down against the Panthers,then theres no reason why our side minus Noddy can't win this Sunday.