What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL2 'Classic Matches' Thread

RedV

Juniors
Firstly, I would be interested to know if this is a possible feature from the game. Any indication Mario?

Secondly, I've drafted a few ideas as to what games - from my perspective as a St Helens and GB supporter - I'd love to see in the game. Post your ideas here!

It is the Super League Grand Final 2002.

St Helens and Bradford Bulls have been involved in a see-saw battle for 77 minutes. The score is tied at 18-18 and the prospect of extra time for the first time in Super League Grand Final, looms large.

You take control of St Helens on their own line, with 3 minutes to play. Your mission is simple: score a try, drop a goal, or kick a penalty, to win the Grand Final and take the Super League crown home.

longdrop3yg.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Wide to West'
There are 30 seconds left in this game. St Helens are trailing Bradford by 11-10. The Saints have possession deep inside their own half. There are 30 seconds remaining. Can you repeat history and put Saints through? Or will you take control of the Bulls and hang on for a famous win?

joyntwidetowest5pn.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the semi-final of the 2003 Challenge Cup. In the 78th minute, a try from St Helens lock Darren Smith looks to have put the game beyond the Rhinos and booked the Knowsley Roaders a ticket to Cardiff.

Take control of Saints, and your mission is to hold onto this slender lead and take the Saints to the Millenium Stadium.

Take control of the Rhinos, and you must repeat history and score a converted try, to take it to extra time with what is surely the last attack of the game.

2_4_2_44s.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is half-time of the 2004 Tri-Nations Final between GB and Australia at Elland Road. Australia lead by 38-0 - and GB are on course for their record defeat on home soil.

Can you overturn the Kangaroos' massive lead and make yourself a hero? Or will you choose to wear the green and gold and rub salt into the wounds of the home side.

The choice is yours.

_40572781_gb300x200.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is the 1998 Challenge Cup Final and massive underdogs Sheffield Eagles are leading against giants Wigan.

Can you hold on for a victory that will live forever as the Eagles, or will you avoid the biggest embarrasment in Wigan's illustrious history by turning things round in the last 5 minutes.

_87046_wigan_vs_sheffield_4_allsport_300.jpg

Goleel

Juniors
You want to recreate classic comebacks or change history, one good one I reckon would be taking the 2001 grand final at halftime, Parra down 24-0 and see if you can win the game, or other big comebacks, like the Dragons against Manly last year or the Panthers/Tigers game from a few years ago.

Maybe some classic origin games too, the 97 ARL grand final, it wouldn't be hard to come up with the situations. I just hope they could use the real players from those games, so you'd actually be using Harragon and Spud Carroll in the 97 grand final instead of #10 and #8

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What about the 2nd test, GB vs Aus, Manchester, 1990.

GB were 1-0 up in the series, and the match and series was hanging in the balance after Paul Loughlin scored to make it 10 all.

Red Bear

Referee
What about various preliminary finals North Sydney played in and try to finally reach the grand final?

Paullyboy

Coach
GoTheBears said:
What about various preliminary finals North Sydney played in and try to finally reach the grand final?

Come on mate, its not a fantasy game, lets have some shred of realism at least! :lol:

I forget the actual year and game but what about the state of origin game that was won by that famous length of the field try scored by mark coyne(where nearly every queensland player touched the ball).

Also last years state of origin where shaun timmins kicked the field goal to win.

And of course last years Cowboy run - take them all the way to the grand final this time - or stop them in their tracks

Go the 'Boys

Oh you have to replay the very first Falcon, change history, actually make Mario get out of the way of the ball OR make the dummy half throw the ball harder and kill the dumb bastard.

Phillips

Referee
or in the eels 74 - 4 flogging of the sharks, you have to score 5 trys with Jamie Lyon..

there was a simliar type of situation like that in World Championship Rugby where you had to score a few trys with Jonah Lomu before full time

Monkey

Juniors
RedV said:
Firstly, I would be interested to know if this is a possible feature from the game. Any indication Mario?

Secondly, I've drafted a few ideas as to what games - from my perspective as a St Helens and GB supporter - I'd love to see in the game. Post your ideas here!

It is the Super League Grand Final 2002.

St Helens and Bradford Bulls have been involved in a see-saw battle for 77 minutes. The score is tied at 18-18 and the prospect of extra time for the first time in Super League Grand Final, looms large.

You take control of St Helens on their own line, with 3 minutes to play. Your mission is simple: score a try, drop a goal, or kick a penalty, to win the Grand Final and take the Super League crown home.

OR...St's are leading 19-18. Chris Joynt has just made a voluntary tackle. You take control of bradford with a kick to take the lead in the dying seconds. ;-)

longdrop3yg.jpg

'Wide to West'
There are 30 seconds left in this game. St Helens are trailing Bradford by 11-10. The Saints have possession deep inside their own half. There are 30 seconds remaining. Can you repeat history and put Saints through? Or will you take control of the Bulls and hang on for a famous win?

joyntwidetowest5pn.jpg

It is the semi-final of the 2003 Challenge Cup. In the 78th minute, a try from St Helens lock Darren Smith looks to have put the game beyond the Rhinos and booked the Knowsley Roaders a ticket to Cardiff.

Take control of Saints, and your mission is to hold onto this slender lead and take the Saints to the Millenium Stadium.

Take control of the Rhinos, and you must repeat history and score a converted try, to take it to extra time with what is surely the last attack of the game.

2_4_2_44s.jpg

It is half-time of the 2004 Tri-Nations Final between GB and Australia at Elland Road. Australia lead by 38-0 - and GB are on course for their record defeat on home soil.

Can you overturn the Kangaroos' massive lead and make yourself a hero? Or will you choose to wear the green and gold and rub salt into the wounds of the home side.

The choice is yours.

_40572781_gb300x200.jpg

It is the 1998 Challenge Cup Final and massive underdogs Sheffield Eagles are leading against giants Wigan.

Can you hold on for a victory that will live forever as the Eagles, or will you avoid the biggest embarrasment in Wigan's illustrious history by turning things round in the last 5 minutes.

_87046_wigan_vs_sheffield_4_allsport_300.jpg

A bit biased there redv?

...What about. Its murrayfield, Challenge cup final 2002. Wigan have a depleted squad and an full back on day release from wigan infirmary. Can you actually lead the saints to victory this time, instead of the 21-12 thrashing they recieved on that day. :lol:

Or the last game at central park, wigan v st's would be a good one.

Or Leeds v Leigh, 1972 cup final i think.

or even don fox's famous miss for wakefield, was it 76 or something?