What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLIF why no IRL Fixtures in Europe

siv

First Grade
Can anyone explain why Europe had no scheduled international RL fixtures planned on the Rep weekend when NRL and ESL had bye weekends ?

roughyedspud

Coach
Can anyone explain why Europe had no scheduled international RL fixtures planned on the Rep weekend when NRL and ESL had bye weekends ?

So....I spent months,literally since the end of the world cup final,tweeting the various NGBs in Europe asking them if they had planned games for the official mid season test weekend,I tweeted or messaged them every few weeks...then in March/April a Official from RLi replied and said "no because the RLIF hadn't arranged a game for them"..
I told him it was for the NGB's to arrange games like this between themselves,I also got Dave Collier to confirm the situation..the RLIF/RLEF arrange all tournament games..ie European Cup,world cup qualifying etc..all other "bi-lateral" games ie mid season games,test series,post season "warm ups" are for NGBs to arrange between themselves...

So that's why the European teams didn't play..cos by the time they realized they had to arrange their own games it was too late....

It was a massive cock up

Latest posts