What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLW: What do you think of their possible line-up?

DeeGan

Bench
RLW: What do you think of their possible line-up?

This is the line-up tossed up by the RLW in their Summer Preview edition on sale now. It reads:

composite.jpg

1 - Steve Turner
2 - Brian Carney
3 - Jake Webster
4 - Luke O'Dwyer
5 - Matt Petersen
6 - Preston Campbell
7 - Scott Prince (c)
8 - Luke Bailey (c)
9 - Nathan Friend
10 - James Stosic
11 - Anthony Laffranchi
12 - Mark Minichiello
13 - Kris Kahler
14 - Brad Meyers
15 - Michael Henderson
16 - Luke Swain
17 - Matt Hilder

Players excluded: Richie Mathers, Brett Delaney, Josh Graham, Gavin Cooper, Lelea Paea, Clint Amos, Daniel Conn, Michael Hodgson & Chris Walker (on trial)

Possible player(s) to be added to squad: Matt Rogers

Post your thoughts and if need be your preferred line-up.

DeeGan

Bench
Steve Turner won't be in the side so that already leaves the fullback position open and a possible reshuffle of the outside backs. Richie Mathers is a very good fullback and would have been pushing Turner this pre-season either way. He should slip to fullback though if we are able to secure Matt Rogers early, Rogers will start at fullback.

Matt Petersen will be lucky to get a start in the side. If he does, it may be early on though we do have better options outwide. Matt is a solid player and a great club man to have on board who will give us added depth out wide.

Jake Webster is a very good winger (his best position for mine - shown up badly outwide in defence on occasion in key games last season and missed Grand Final selection) and Chris Walker is a real chance if he makes the most of the opportunity afforded to him here.

Moving Webster from the centres to the wing opens up a spot that I feel Brett Delaney could fill. Keep an eye on Lelea Paea as well.

Luke O'Dwyer was awesome for Parramatta in the centres. I think he will get the chance to make the position his own in our debut season. A very handy player to have in the squad such is his versatility.

Nathan Friend is not going to be available for the start of the season, so we can add Clint Amos to the starting line-up barring injury.

The prop to partner Luke Bailey is wide open. James Stosic is a good player though the potential I see in Michael Henderson sees me favour him in this battle. I love his approach to the game and he would relish the chance of partnering 'Bull' Bailey.

The back row is another nice headache for Carty. Anthony Laffranchi is the only certain starter though he could see the other two positions filled by four other players. This will be a hotly contested batttle.

Gavin Cooper in my opinion is going to be amongst the 17 somewhere, most likely on the bench - I was a little surprised to see him left out of the 17

Chris Sandow and Shannon Walker from our Elite Academy team (starring for the AIS team both scorring hat tricks in their last game with Sandow man of the match) are also names to keep an eye on if we are struggling with injury or form concerns of players with more established reputations.

Rainbow

Juniors
There are about 7 legitamate 1st graders in that team excluding Turner.

Very hard for a team to come together and win games straight away.

If the Titans don't get the spoon it will be a very good year.

TITAN1

Juniors
Rainbow said:
There are about 7 legitamate 1st graders in that team excluding Turner.

Very hard for a team to come together and win games straight away.

If the Titans don't get the spoon it will be a very good year.
Rainbow...is that the bumper sticker on your car? :lol:

Well now looking at there side I cant see them making the top eight thats foro sure.Well Souths will still be spooners withj the panthers so they dont have to worry about anything there

Ryan

Juniors
Are you guys serious? That side is very good across the park. Then look at the players that AREN'T there (in the 17) to see the depth.

THEN add potentially Matt Rogers in 07, and Tuquiri in 08.

Titans should land somewhere around mid table in my opinion. They probably won't make the finals, but they will challenge a lot of sides.

I'd suggest who I think will get the spoon, but with risk of offending "The Way I See It", I'll keep my trap shut. Hehehehe...

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I think the Titans will have a pretty tough first year but will get better in each successive year as they build up their squad depth. They've definitely got a solid core group of players to build on.

The whole club seems to be pretty close knit so hopefully they will have the team spirit to pull through in the close games and be up there challenging for a top 8 spot come finals time.

nqboy

First Grade
With Friend out, Amos comes right into calculations and Cooper should be in the 17 as well. I'd also be surprised if Brett Delaney doesn't feature.

Walker is miles ahead of petersen for starters

1. Richie Mathers
2. Chris Walker
3. Jake Webster
4. Steve Turner
5. Mat Rogers
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. James Stosic
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Brad Meyers
13. Mark Minichiello

14. Matt Hilder
15. Michael Hendersen
16. Luke Swain
17. Gavin Cooper

Changa

Juniors
1/ Rogers
2/ Turner
3/ Webster
4/ Delaney
5/ Carney
6/Campbell
7/ Prince
8/ Bailey
9/ Friend
10/ Laffranchi
11/ Kahler
12/ Meyers
13/ O'Dwyer

14/ Stosic
15/ Henderson
16/ Cooper
17/ Minichiello

Imo the best possible team- Experience up front, big mobile players off the bench with minichello abile to cover 9 and Cooper able to cover backs while both being used in the backrow...

Parra Guru

Coach
I'd be going with...

1 - Mat Rogers
2 - Chris Walker
3 - Brett Delaney
4 - Luke O'Dwyer
5 - Jake Webster
6 - Preston Campbell
7 - Scott Prince (c)
8 - Luke Bailey (c)
9 - Nathan Friend
10 - James Stosic
11 - Anthony Laffranchi
12 - Mark Minichiello
13 - Kris Kahler

14 - Mick Hodgson
15 - Michael Henderson
16 - Luke Swain
17 - Matt Hilder

julian87

Juniors
Kris Kahler should not be your starting lock ffs!

1 Ritchie MATHERS (maybe to alternate with Rogers)
2 Chris WALKER
3 Mat ROGERS
4 Jake WEBSTER
5 Lelea PAEA (given Peterson is injured)
6 Preston CAMPBELL
7 Scott PRINCE
8 Luke BAILEY
9 Nathan FRIEND
10 Michael HODGSON
11 Anthony LAFFRANCHI
12 Brad MEYERS
13 Luke O'DWYER

14 Luke SWAIN
15 Gavin COOPER
16 Mark MINICHIELLO
17 Michael HENDERSON

Vicious

Bench
I`d definately be looking to play Rogers at fullback to get him as involved as possible. Richie Mathers was quite impresssive himself each time i saw him play for Leeds, but i`d start him off as a roving winger and see how he goes out here before thinking of a permanent fullback spot for him. I reckon Josh Graham is a good strong runner of the ball and a good front on defender. Not sure if there`s room for him, but he wouldn`t let anyone down, that`s for sure. The backs look fine even without Turner and Carney, i just reckon it`s a matter of whether or not the forward pack is up to the task each and every week ???

boonboon

Juniors
FB - Mathers
W -Webster
C- Delaney
C - Rogers
W - Peterson/Walker
FE - Campbell
HB - Prince
L - Luke Swain
SR - Laffranchi
SR - M Hodgson
P - Bailey
H - Friend
P - Stosic

R1- Walker / Peterson
R2 - M Minichello
R3- B Meyers
R4 - M Hilder / M henderson

Sorry to say this but looks weeks in the outside backs and on the bench/second row

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
This would be my top line up

1 - Mat Rogers
2 - Jake Webster
3 - Brett Delaney
4 - Luke O'Dwyer
5 - Chris Walker
6 - Preston Campbell
7 - Scott Prince (c)
8 - Luke Bailey (c)
9 - Nathan Friend