What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC News

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Interesting comparison, when you consider the trolling that RLWC Samoans are mostly ‘Australian players’ Age. No local Samoan comp players..etc UN

Saw an article about 10 years ago that went through the RU world cup squads at the time and there was a huge percentage of heritage players used. It is all about perception. I like the way this current world cup of ours is being managed, if we can raise the profile of ours over the next few cycles we should get the benefits of that positive perception also.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm more interested in seeing competitive games than the players passports! Ask all those Tongans fans that packed out the last RLWC if they cared there was so may heritage players in the squad. Reality is RL isnt played at any great level in many of our nations so will always rely on NRL or SL heritage players for many countries to create a viable RLWC.

yakstorm

First Grade
Ok, he said earlier his parents wanted him to play for Oz. I’m guessing that may have just been for the mid season rep weekend.
I honestly thought he had made a Roos jersey his preference based upon interviews at the start of the year myself.

I'm just glad that he's either clarified what his true position is, or has decided to flip back.

The tournament will be better for it.

RedVee_8

Juniors
I honestly thought he had made a Roos jersey his preference based upon interviews at the start of the year myself.

I'm just glad that he's either clarified what his true position is, or has decided to flip back.

The tournament will be better for it.
Yeah, happy enough he has made his call. Though I will not disparage Aussie born players that choose to play for the Kangaroos over their heritage team. Which happens here a bit. (Not saying you, just a general observation).

Hey you guys!!!

Juniors
Hopefully To’o can have a word with his fellow Samoan panthers teammates like luai and crichton in representing Toa Samoa at this years World Cup.