What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 15 @ Warriors

Girds89

Bench
I'm starting to come around to this.

Put it this way. A try saved is exactly as valuable as a try scored. If Edwards scored tries in as prolific and spectacular a manner as he saved them he'd be first picked for NSW, worth an absolute mint and be gushed about endlessly by every pundit following the game. But instead, he gives us the functional output of a superstar for a fraction of the price and has the quality attitude to go with it.

I'm not sure if I'd have him outright first as there's some incredible fullbacks around atm, but he's very close and in terms of value there isn't anyone in any position who gets even close to him.
Great post

Crashtest

Juniors
I doubted and still doubt him to last the season at centre. It is a long season and young guys hit the wall at some stage. So we wait to see how he and a few others are come finals.

You said it yourself. May is centre the only way he gets to centre here is by Tago moving in one
Tago has 9 tries, 7 try assists, 9 line breaks in his first 15 games as an NRL centre, whilst averaging 136m a game and tackling at 90%.

I just can’t see any reason why the Panthers would move their best/2nd best centre to second row. We lost the centre of the year in Burton, and have managed to replace him with an even better centre prospect.

WestyLife

First Grade
Tago has 9 tries, 7 try assists, 9 line breaks in his first 15 games as an NRL centre, whilst averaging 136m a game and tackling at 90%.

I just can’t see any reason why the Panthers would move their best/2nd best centre to second row. We lost the centre of the year in Burton, and have managed to replace him with an even better centre prospect.

That's what all the talk is but I agree. Once he gets to 50+ games I can't imagine how good he'll be if they let him settle at centre even more so if May stays on that wing.

Crashtest

Juniors
As is Murray who will play for Australia. I reckon Tago ends up taking the Salmon role, 30-40 minutes covering the starting edges and can cover the backs in case of injury.
But why though, would you move one of your best centres to play 30-40 minutes off the bench?

Salmon or Gardner can cover that role because they aren’t good enough to be an NRL starting centre, but can cover it during a game due to injury.

Tago is already one of the form centres in the comp, and yet is is still learning to play there, and getting used to first grade.

Iamback

Coach

The left side is hard to get a read on. Kiks being there attract's defenders.

Does Garner coming in allow the same space for the outside guys? If so keep it how it is

Is Tago planned to end up in the pack or if the side is struggling then better off moving him.

No point moving guys like Kiks and Api on for the young guys if you flexible with how you use them

Crashtest

Juniors
The left side is hard to get a read on. Kiks being there attract's defenders.

Does Garner coming in allow the same space for the outside guys? If so keep it how it is

Is Tago planned to end up in the pack or if the side is struggling then better off moving him.

No point moving guys like Kiks and Api on for the young guys if you flexible with how you use them
It may well have been the long term plan to move Tago one in to replace Kikau when he is gone. But given the revelation Tago has been playing centre, if he keeps that form up for the rest of the season, It’s hard to imagine they would stick to that plan and move him to second row next season.

Iamback

Coach
It may well have been the long term plan to move Tago one in to replace Kikau when he is gone. But given the revelation Tago has been playing centre, if he keeps that form up for the rest of the season, It’s hard to imagine they would stick to that plan and move him to second row next season.

Not much difference between centre and edge. Less of the ugly bringing the ball back work.

Depends how others go doing the Kiks role I guess

Kilkenny

Coach
Business as usual.

Didn’t out 60 on them so some are perhaps disappointed.

It was a clinical performance, defence outstanding as usual, could and should have scored more I guess.

It was frustrating in some respects, I don’t quite understand how you can be so dominant but finish behind in the penalty count The way we did.

Other than some unforced errors I thought it was @nother very good performance. We are clearly expecting far to much.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Interesting to look at the stats:
Possession was 50-50
Warriors completion rate was 80% ( Panthers 73)
Warriors play the ball speed 3.6 ( Panthers 3.9)
Warriors effective tackle 88 Panthers slightly better at 91
Warriors 8 errors and Panthers 11
Penalties conceded 3 by Warriors and 8 by Panthers
Just looking at these stats it's hard to imagine that a team could put 40 points on the other.
This is a very very good football team.

snickers007

Juniors
Interesting to look at the stats:
Possession was 50-50
Warriors completion rate was 80% ( Panthers 73)
Warriors play the ball speed 3.6 ( Panthers 3.9)
Warriors effective tackle 88 Panthers slightly better at 91
Warriors 8 errors and Panthers 11
Penalties conceded 3 by Warriors and 8 by Panthers
Just looking at these stats it's hard to imagine that a team could put 40 points on the other.
This is a very very good football team.

The stats I like are:
Tackles inside 20m - Warriors 34, Panthers 17
Territory, Warriors 39%, Panthers 61%

Shows that the Warriors only got into decent field position through our errors, and our goal line defence held very well. Also shows that we didn't muck around once we got down their end.

I think most of our guys had one eye on next weekend, and that showed with our ball control and discipline. However, the pride we show in defence is brilliant, and is again what will take us far into the semis.

maple_69

Bench
We are light on first grade ready edge forwards and have two guys who look ready for first grade that can play centre. It's no co-incidence that two rookies have come into that left centre role and taken out Dally M centre of the year in consecutive years and then Tago has come in and done similar. He's been great, not denying that, but given the distribution of talent we have in the squad, his versatility could help the team more in a different role. Hopefully Lisati/Geyer et all take a few good steps and give us options.

I'd say the same of Martin. He's a better prop but we don't have any edge forwards and we are stacked with middles, so he's playing on the edge and its working for the team.

Iamback

Coach
We are light on first grade ready edge forwards and have two guys who look ready for first grade that can play centre. It's no co-incidence that two rookies have come into that left centre role and taken out Dally M centre of the year in consecutive years and then Tago has come in and done similar. He's been great, not denying that, but given the distribution of talent we have in the squad, his versatility could help the team more in a different role. Hopefully Lisati/Geyer et all take a few good steps and give us options.

I'd say the same of Martin. He's a better prop but we don't have any edge forwards and we are stacked with middles, so he's playing on the edge and its working for the team.

Good post.

Even Mav is playing prop in Flegg
Lisati is development so can't play early on.

Hopefully we sign a few lower end guys.

Regardless Turuva is a waste in NSW Cup after losing our hooker and Kiks. Getting him in the 17 will be huge

BossleyPanther

Juniors
It isn't his fault. He has been a lock all his career but isn't a 9
I was hoping we would make a play for JMK, Yesterday was a good indicator of his potential. The Tigers are equal opposition to the dogs and he excelled. Put him in our outfit and he would gain even more. Next year going to be interesting.

Iamback

Coach
I was hoping we would make a play for JMK, Yesterday was a good indicator of his potential. The Tigers are equal opposition to the dogs and he excelled. Put him in our outfit and he would gain even more. Next year going to be interesting.

it is a mystery why he was unsigned for so long. especially being cheap.

Hopefully playing test footy agrees with Luke and he learns and develops quickly