What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 16 vs Eels discussion

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I'm disgusted with that performance and just want to move on and focus on next round.

1.Karmichael Hunt
2.Antonio Winterstein
3.Steve Michaels
4.Israel Folau
5.Dale Copley
6.Darren Lockyer
7.Peter Wallace
8.Nick Kenny
10.Joel Clinton
11.Sam Thaiday
12.Josh McGuire
13.Corey Parker

14.Alex Glenn
15.Ashton Sims
16.Guy Williams

Te'o will probably be suspended.
Setu must go.
Wapau hasn't been good enough to keep a spot.
Yow Yeh must go for now.

As for who plays hooker I have no idea. They have all been very average and there are no standouts. There needs to be a big forward at 17 but i'm not sure who... Maybe Taylor but I'm not aware of the current QLD cup form he is in. BIG improvements are needed, especially in defence.

Big Pete

Referee
My side:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Israel Folau
5. Tom Hewitt
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Josh McGuire
13. Corey Parker

14. Alex Glenn
15. Ashton Sims
16. Dave Taylor
17. Andrew McCullough

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'm just really disappointed and no-one in both of line ups excites me. No-one has stepped up (apart from maybe Glenn) and the guys we expect to be our best have been below there best. I'm very concerned. For the rest of the season I think the Broncos should just focus on defence and be better prepared for next season. I'm sick of watching missed tackle after missed tackle, we just look so soft. Unless there is some massive turnaround (and I don't see how) we're stuffed. I really hope I'm wrong. GoTheBroncs!

lockyno1

Post Whore
My side:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Israel Folau
5. Tom Hewitt
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Josh McGuire
13. Corey Parker

14. Alex Glenn
15. Ashton Sims
16. Dave Taylor
17. Andrew McCullough

Is Hewitt fit? If so what a dumbass decision to not play him at fullback and Copley in the centres! There really should be no excuses for Henjak, he has a top4 squad. I didn't expect to win but conceding 40plus is not forgiveable!

WTF has Andrew McCullough done to get a gig!:crazy:

Smiley

Bench
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Tom Hewitt
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Josh McGuire
13. Corey Parker

14. Ashton Sims
15. Matt Handcock
16. David Taylor
17. Aaron Gorrell

lockyno1

Post Whore
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Alex Glenn
4. Israel Folau
5. Tom Hewitt
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Josh McGuire
13. Corey Parker

14. Ashton Sims
15. Matt Handcock
16. David Taylor
17. Aaron Gorrell

Andrew McCullough was the WORST player on the ground today, how is he a starting no9..he missed about 20 tackles, and about 5 of them led to tries!:crazy:

Smiley

Bench
Andrew McCullough was the WORST player on the ground today, how is he a starting no9..he missed about 20 tackles, and about 5 of them led to tries!:crazy:

The other two hooker are sh*t, so I'd stick with him because he has youth on his side.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'd rather Gorrell who at the very least won't let in 5 tries a match. Glenn can play the reserve hooker/utility role easily.

Bayside Bronco

Juniors
I've got a couple of mates who know how to tackle. Throw them in with a couple of wheelie bins and they'll do a better job than the current lot. At least as mobile anyway.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The only thing is that surely it can't get worse!

I said it last year, but why we went with Henjak when Daniel Anderson was available was dumb to say the least! Hell I'd rather Nathan Brown as coach!

lockyno1

Post Whore
McCullough needs the experience.

Glenn is NOT an option at hooker.

He needs experience in the 20's, he is not ready, he cannot tackle and that is the no1 thing for a hooker and his passing is pedestrian at best. Gorrell is a 80 minute hooker, we don't need one sitting on his arse on the bench! Glenn can fill in if there is an injury otherwise he'd play in the backrow!

DeeJ

Bench
The only thing is that surely it can't get worse!

I said it last year, but why we went with Henjak when Daniel Anderson was available was dumb to say the least! Hell I'd rather Nathan Brown as coach!

Parramatta aren't going very well.

I'd leave McCullough on the bench if you want to give him experience. I don't like Glenn in the hooker rotation either.

Big Pete

Referee
Believe it or not, I thought the side was looking more organised when McCullough went to dummy half last night so I believe he should be given a chance on the bench at least as a pre-caution for Gorrell who's a mixed bag.

And yeah, Hewitt played for the Comets on Saturday. Out of all the options we had at fullback, Copley was the worse and you're right, he should've played right centre in place of Alex Glenn who should've been shifted onto the bench for Palmer Wapau.

I still feel the loss last night came down to the poor positioning of Copley, Yow Yeh, Glenn, McCullough, Hunt, Marsh, Setu and Wapau and while you can't blame Henjack for naming certain players I hope he's learnt several players should be sent to the Queensland Cup for at least a few months before they see first grade again.

beads6

First Grade
1. Hunt
2. Winterstien
3. Michaels/ Copley
4. Folau
5. Hewitt
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. McGuire
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Taylor
16. WIlliams
17. Marsh

Time for a shake up IMO The forwards need to harden play as a team and show some mongrel and heart.

DeeJ

Bench
Believe it or not, I thought the side was looking more organised when McCullough went to dummy half last night so I believe he should be given a chance on the bench at least as a pre-caution for Gorrell who's a mixed bag.

And yeah, Hewitt played for the Comets on Saturday. Out of all the options we had at fullback, Copley was the worse and you're right, he should've played right centre in place of Alex Glenn who should've been shifted onto the bench for Palmer Wapau.

I still feel the loss last night came down to the poor positioning of Copley, Yow Yeh, Glenn, McCullough, Hunt, Marsh, Setu and Wapau and while you can't blame Henjack for naming certain players I hope he's learnt several players should be sent to the Queensland Cup for at least a few months before they see first grade again.

I think Gorrell has been a solid player this year, without being spectacular. Our best option at hooker at the moment.

And the decision behind promoting Copley stuns me completely. He is only 17 and isn't even a full time center. We have other options at fullback so why neglect them?

Country Bronco

Juniors
I think that there's no need for panic just yet!!! The line up will be familar against the eels to the one that played last night with the inclusion of the origin players. The problem at the moment is a team mentality thing so it needs to be fixed by working with the same players and not drastic change.

League Legend

Juniors
Can anyone give a rundown on Will Tupou, I haven't seen him and nobody has mentioned him. I know he is an ex rugby centre trying to become a backrower. But how does he go?

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Gorrell is terrible and is our worst choice at hooker. I would go with McCullough at hooker atm.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
My A team at the moment:

1. Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Hodges
4. Falou (don't care if he plays on the wrong side)
5. Michaels
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Teo

14. Maguire
15. Sims
16. Glenn
17. Marsh (better off the bench IMO)

That team is capable of winning the premiership ... but only with the right attitude. That attitude is quickly disappearing. If it keeps evaporating at the current rate, we'll be finishing about 10th.

Latest posts