What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 18 vs Storm

Can we back it up , can we just pretend its the dragons.

Shillo should be back in the 17 if he comes back from SOO ok or not too de-hydrated from crying so much. Mataora didnt return after halftime with a back complaint so he may make way for Shillo and also JT looked pretty busted and was struggling despite having a good game.

CANBERRA RAIDERS v MELBOURNE STORM

Round 18, 2012 NRL Premiership
Saturday, July 7, 2012
NRL Kick-Off 5.30pm
AAMI Park, Melbourne
Game Tag: #NRLMELCAN
Referees: Gerard Sutton/Adam Devcich

RAIDERS TEAM NEWS

The Canberra Raiders have named a relatively unchanged line-up for the match against the Storm on Saturday at AAMI Park, with the inclusion of State of Origin star and Raiders Captain David Shillington the only change to the team which beat the Dragons on Monday night.

New recruit Sandor Earl retains his place in the Raiders team on the wing, while Mark Nicholls has been named 18thman.

Joel Thompson made it through the match on Monday night after he went into the encounter with a hand injury, but he is expected to back up and be available for the match against Melbourne.

The main injury concern for Canberra is Sam Mataora who only played limited minutes against the Dragons due to a back injury. He’ll be assessed later in the week.
Blake Ferguson has taken the early guilty plea on a grade one dangerous contact charge and he will be free to play against the Storm.

Raiders Coach David Furner said the team’s improvement this week had been encouraging and said he was looking for the same intensity this weekend.

“I thought across the park from 1-17 they all put their hands up,” said Furner. “We had three guys that had a lot of strapping around the head which goes to show you that they put their bodies on the line and that’s what we needed to do to get the win.
“What we need to do now is keep working hard and playing for each other and improve each week.”

ROUND 18 NRL TEAM LIST
1. Reece ROBINSON
2. Sandor EARL
3. Jarrod CROKER
4. Blake FERGUSON
5. Edrick LEE
6. Josh McCRONE
7. Sam WILLIAMS
8. David SHILLINGTON ©
9. Travis WADDELL
10. Dane TILSE
11. Josh PAPALII
12. Joel THOMPSON
13. Shaun FENSOM
Bench:
14. Matt McILWRICK
15. Joe PICKER
16. Sam MATAORA
17. Tom LEAROYD-LAHRS
18. Mark NICHOLLS

Coach: David FURNER

INJURY WARD
Bronson HARRISON (Back/Hamstring) - Indefinite
Shaun BERRIGAN (Bicep) Round 18-19
Josh DUGAN (Ankle) Round 20-21
Jarrad KENNEDY (Leg) Indefinite
Trevor THURLING (Shoulder) Round 23-25
Jack WIGHTON (Toe) Indefinite
Glen BUTTRISS (Sternum) Indefinite
Brett WHITE (Knee) Season
Terry CAMPESE (Knee) Season

http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/Raiders-NRL-Team-List--Round-18-v-Storm/58459

Cryptic

Juniors
Ferguson got charged for that pull of the head thing? Wow... Really? After some of the other shit they let go constantly?!?!?!

Green Evil

Juniors
When is Furer going to realise the team looks a lot better when McIllwrick is on the field and stop only giving him the 10 minutes either side of half time. I cant understand it given that he is happy to give the young guys a go in almost any other position but he continues to use Waddell even though he has continually proved how bad he is.

legend

Coach
McIlwrick apart from the dummy half blunder was very good. I doubt we back up this performance against a team we suck against. It may be closer due to Origin players being rested/injured but I'm not confident at all.

The reason is McCrone and Tom LL. After a prolonged period in first grade he still does a lot of stupid things. He is a great hole runner but his kicking and passing game are very poor for a first grade player.

The try Tom LL gave up to Rein was pathetic. He really isn't anywhere near first grade standard. He gets dominated when running the ball consistently and makes too many errors to be considered an effective forward.

I like Nicholls though. Give Mataora the boot and give Nicholls more game time.

If we dont miraculously win this game we'll be missing the finals for the 2nd year in a row which hasn't occured since the mid 80s.

Cryptic

Juniors
Actually we can lose two more games this year, if other results go approximately how you would expect.

That said I can't see us winning that many for the rest of the season unless we actually have true form turn around and stick to it... Who knows... Williams could suddenly play to his potential and get us there...

Cryptic

Juniors
f**k YES! That was an amazing display, a few lapses in defence but also some spectacular showings in defence as well! Our attack has always been good this year but that was another level! At home and against any other team (which isn't a penalty milking and slowing down the play the ball experts) that's a 60+ point effort!

Well done to every member of the team out there!

Cryptic

Juniors
Oh and to every blood commentator, and whinging Melbourne Storm fan (calling them the "injury ravaged Storm")... First off go f**k yourself, how is that an excuse to play like that? And second we have more injuries than any other team in the league, including our top two players so get over it Storm (and media)!

aussies1st

Staff member
Gutted I missed it, no idea where this form has come from but this is more like it. No Campo or Dugan either so there goes that myth that we can't win without them or with Williams and McCrone as the halves.

Gutted I missed it, no idea where this form has come from but this is more like it. No Campo or Dugan either so there goes that myth that we can't win without them or with Williams and McCrone as the halves.

If you get a chance watch the replay

It was very enterprising attack. RR was great as was Fensom.

A couple of blemishes in defence on our line , we still tend to slide back when we are 2m away from our line

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
How good was Reece Robinson. The bloke IMO is better than Dugan, as he fits the team.
Fergurson was a monster and deserves to play in the centers.
Fensom is a beast, his attack has improved big time.
Tilse offloading suits him perfectly, more of this.

Williams and mccrone were both solid, the kick game needs work though. Waddell has also come along nicely, his service is getting quicker.

mongoose

Coach
yeah things are starting to click into place a bit, well atleast in attack... unfortunately its going to be too little too late. Anyway a few points:

-Ferguson is a BEAST of a centre, in attack and defense. He should never ever play wing again.
-McCrone had a great game, however i wish he would leave the kicking up to Williams. He threw some beautiful passes though.
-Fensom and TLL were awesome. I get the feeling that Storm pack are going to get ran over the top of come finals, like they did last year. Thompson is a constant threat on the left side as well.

However our best backline player this year is Reece Robinson, where did this guy come from? What the hell are we going to do when Dugan is back. He's wasted on the wing.

aussies1st

Staff member
This is why I was pissed with some of our losses earlier on and not just putting the blame on injuries. We showed last year that we can win without Dugan and Campo and have once again shown this.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
That was certainly Fergusons best game in first grade.

Starting to look the lethal weapon we all knew he could become.

Keep it up Blake, your part of team and starting to see it.

Can say Furner has done a good job here.