What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 Raiders vs Warriors

mongoose

Coach
Good performance today, although the warriors hardly through anything at us. I thought TLL had his best game of the year, Papali was also good and Kennedy had a good debut. Fergo, Berrigan and Robinson all had great games as well. Campese was quiet and clearly not 100%. His long kicking game still been excellent for us though.

aussies1st

Staff member
Still hard to know where we are at. Was last week due to Shillington missing or the Warriors making us look a lot better?

The warriors were flat especially after we gained early ascendancy. But full credit to the boys , they worked hard and did the dirty work before any flash stuff. Last week they just spread it wide before going forward.

RR is very impressive at fullback , he's very good with the support play and showed he can be a bit of a ball player.

Fergo is playing well and is safe , but is he doubting himself in the speed department , I thought he could have taken on fishy towards the back end of the 2nd half.

Big wraps to Shillo and Papalii , both played great and did a lot of work.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
I love that TLL looks to be 100% fit. Most enjoyable thing today was watching him hit up the ball at full pelt.

legend

Coach
Fergo has been our best by a fair margin IMO. I reckon his name is being mentioned for Origin. Croker is playing well also and looks to be one of our quickest players.

supera

Juniors
am i crazy for wondering whether Robinson is now our permanent number 1?

he's everything i want in a full-back - safe under the ball, runs great lines, he's tough, he's a much better tackler one on one than Dugan, and unlike Dugan, I don't fear that Robinson is going to break in half every time he gets up a head of speed.

i don't know where you put Dugan. possibly in the centres...

i think it's unlikely, i think Robinson probably goes back to the wing when Dugan is fit. but i really think Dugan's future is probably as a five-eight.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Dugan hasn't hit top form for a while and seems less likely to put his body on the line defensively. It has been a while since he has committed to the sort of tackles he made on Dave Taylor a few seasons ago. If it were purely on form he'd keep the number 1. But I think his versatility and lack of reputation means he goes back to the wing as soon as Dugan is fit.

mongoose

Coach
am i crazy for wondering whether Robinson is now our permanent number 1?

he's everything i want in a full-back - safe under the ball, runs great lines, he's tough, he's a much better tackler one on one than Dugan, and unlike Dugan, I don't fear that Robinson is going to break in half every time he gets up a head of speed.

i don't know where you put Dugan. possibly in the centres...

i think it's unlikely, i think Robinson probably goes back to the wing when Dugan is fit. but i really think Dugan's future is probably as a five-eight.

Robinson has been impressive but he's no Dugan. Dugan is a natural footballer and is able to create things from nothing. It's great we have such a good backup in Robinson though. If he could break tackles he may become something special. He hasn't really been tested by a great kicking game yet either.

Latest posts