What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rnd 7 presser

EelsFan05

Bench
I wish fox were in the sheds after this one. Ricky knows there is nothing else left in the sqaud.

tresurehunt

Juniors
not much at all, looked like ricky and jarryd were about to cry. tim manah might have a serious injury with scans tomorrow, our 2 best players were our 18 and 19yo, and a winger at that.

it was a very somber mood, not much was said, was a very short presser.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks for the link... 2m48s of Ricky not sounding very impressed with our players at all, and captain Hayne having nothing useful to say.

Ricky started by saying our best players were an 18yo and 19yo learning to play the game, went on to agree it was disappointing and said the effort was embarrassing. Possible broken fibula for Mannah, then Ricky said it's hard to make changes when no-one's putting pressure on, but he has to talk it through with the players rather than through the media.

tresurehunt

Juniors
oh and he also said that he has nobody pushing up to put pressure on these merkins.(he didnt say merkins)

TeHEel

Juniors
I'm happy with that presser.. Ricky was oozing disgust and there were no excuses other than being shit ..,

Delboy

First Grade
Basically said it was embarrassing that your 2 best players are 18 and 19 years old, and one is a winger and they are learning to play NRL.

Finally said there is nothing underneath to put pressure on them, and he looks really friggin pissed off, going to be a very interesting time in the sheds and at training this week

COACH STERLING

Juniors
It only goes for 2min 47 sec. Ricky Stuart looked more dejected than some of the posting done on this forum. Basically just said he was really disappointed with the effort. Tim Mannah has a suspected broken Fibula and there's not much pressure coming through lower grades in regards to making changes to next weeks lineup.

eels_fan

First Grade
Who are the 18 & 19 yr old

Toutai obviously one, though TBH with the exception of that try I don't think he did much? Guess that shows how good the team played if u only need 1 good play to be the best in the team.

How is the other though?? Tanginoa?

Tony Bongo

Bench
It only goes for 2min 47 sec. Ricky Stuart looked more dejected than some of the posting done on this forum. Basically just said he was really disappointed with the effort. Tim Mannah has a suspected broken Fibula and there's not much pressure coming through lower grades in regards to making changes to next weeks lineup.

Really? Not much pressure coming through in lower grades in regards to making changes? Who would have thought?
I hope he knows that if he doesn't at least drop Ben Smith that there are a few that will be calling for his head next week.

Chipmunk

Coach
Who are the 18 & 19 yr old

Toutai obviously one, though TBH with the exception of that try I don't think he did much? Guess that shows how good the team played if u only need 1 good play to be the best in the team.

How is the other though?? Tanginoa?

Difficult for a winger to look good in any 30 odd point belting. He has certainly played worse that is for sure

Tanginoa is the other teenager.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I hope it's not too bad for Mannah. I feel for him after the run he has had of late but I'm sure he will pull through it.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
It's CLEAR, all hell is breaking loose in the sheds starting tomorrow.
This is the most intense Eels presser I've seen since DA said Jarryd could/can play better.
Ricky, please please please have the guts to start sending some of our players back to Wenty.

Last edited: