What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 7 Raiders vs Broncos

With only 5 days till the match will the Raiders be able to break the win/loss pattern they have started L W L W L W. Lets hope so.

The Broncos are a well drilled strong team playing with confidence , our boys need to take it up another level to make a dent in that confidence.

The Raiders have to prove to themselves and the fans that they can put two wins on the trot and there will be no better way than beating a strong broncos team at suncorp with a short turn around.

Phil_22

Juniors
I'm hoping Campese is ok, his knees seem a bit dodgy and we will need him at his best against Brisbane.

aussies1st

Staff member
1. Reece ROBINSON
2. Blake FERGUSON
3. Jarrod CROKER
4. Shaun BERRIGAN
5. Jack WIGHTON
6. Terry CAMPESE (c)
7. Josh McCRONE
8. David SHILLINGTON (vc)
9. Glen BUTTRISS
10. Tom LEAROYD-LAHRS
11. Joe PICKER
12. Bronson HARRISON
13. Josh PAPALII
Bench:
14. Travis WADDELL
15. Jarrad KENNEDY
16. Sam MATAORA
17. Dane TILSE
Coach: David Furner

| NRL INJURIES |
Brett WHITE (Knee) Season
Josh DUGAN (Shoulder) Rd 10
Shaun FENSOM (Bicep) Rd 10-12
Trevor THURLING (Knee) Rd 8
Joel THOMPSON (Ankle) Rd 9-10

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.a...tle=raiders-nrl-team-list---round-7-v-broncos

nickraider

Juniors
Will be at the game in the 'away supporters bay'. 10 of us going - can't wait. Hopefully the bay will be packed out with Raiders fans. 5pm at the Caxton prior to the game if anyone's keen.

aussies1st

Staff member
Yea there was something in the media which mentioned that.

Wallace out gives us a great chance but we are still rank outsiders which sits well as we suck as favourites.

Cryptic

Juniors
Well I'm over watching that shit... Worse refed game I've seen in f**king ages....

"Play it with your foot" - The f**kwit didn't even bother raising his foot, but that's OK, the ref is only yelling a suggestion...

"You're holding him down" - This happened CONSTANTLY when the Broncos were being tackled, holding us down to try to get a penalty (which they did, f**king constantly as well) yet the refs did NOTHING to stop them... if they are milking it constantly (which they also said "you're milking it" a few times) then why the f**k aren't they getting penalised...

Then we get placed on report for NOTHING.... I mean WTF... A swinging arm? The player wasn't there! I can only assume he was trying to prevent an off load, and not only do they get a penalty for that we get someone placed on report!

Finally I thought the NRL had a "cracking down" on players running accross field to block players, yet that happened in the first half to Ferguson and NOTHING was done about it....

f**king pathetic.... Oh and f**k you in the face video ref (I'm going to guess it was Chris Ward as he f**king always does this shit to us) TRYING to find a reason not to give us our first try... It was benefit of the doubt at worse after the first look, yet alone the tenth....

edabomb

First Grade
Well I'm over watching that shit... Worse refed game I've seen in f**king ages....

"Play it with your foot" - The f**kwit didn't even bother raising his foot, but that's OK, the ref is only yelling a suggestion...

"You're holding him down" - This happened CONSTANTLY when the Broncos were being tackled, holding us down to try to get a penalty (which they did, f**king constantly as well) yet the refs did NOTHING to stop them... if they are milking it constantly (which they also said "you're milking it" a few times) then why the f**k aren't they getting penalised...

Then we get placed on report for NOTHING.... I mean WTF... A swinging arm? The player wasn't there! I can only assume he was trying to prevent an off load, and not only do they get a penalty for that we get someone placed on report!

Finally I thought the NRL had a "cracking down" on players running accross field to block players, yet that happened in the first half to Ferguson and NOTHING was done about it....

f**king pathetic.... Oh and f**k you in the face video ref (I'm going to guess it was Chris Ward as he f**king always does this shit to us) TRYING to find a reason not to give us our first try... It was benefit of the doubt at worse after the first look, yet alone the tenth....

skeepe called, he wants his shtick back.

legend

Coach
The team has no direction, pure and simple.

Dane Tilse is a massive liability and Croker is an atrocious defender. Hodges schooled him big time.

Ferguson and Shillington have been our best bu a long way. The rest have been meh or worse.

I'm looking forward to Sam Williams having another run in first grade.

Raiderdave

First Grade
so we've had so far in 2012

Storm ..impressive but a loss
Titans .. solid & a win
Roosters ...scratchy & a loss
Tigers .. quite impressive & a win
Cowboys .. unimpressive & a loss
Warriors ... quite impressive & a win
Broncos ... unimpressive & a loss

so we'd be due against the Sharks .. for another impressive performance in 2 weeks at home

4-4 after 8 rnds is a pretty good start to the season
we need some consistency
& depending on Campos injury ... some stability in what we do in the halves

for mine its Berrigan & Mccrone til Terry is back

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Outside view is all.

I would seriously play McCrone @9. Williams to 7.

Ferguson to left centre.

Obviously Dugan is missed.

With Campo out, Wighton 5/8.

Either bring a NYC back in or try Croker at the back, quickly fading as a front line defender, and Robinson right wing.

It ain't your pigs.

edabomb

First Grade
I think it comes down to how our opposition plays rather than what we do. If they're down in confidence in their defence we can put points on. If they're well structured in D then we'll look clueless with our 2 or 3 set plays and have to rely on opportune tries.

mongoose

Coach
we are a f**king rabble, i reluctantly praised our win last week but truth is we suck. We have beaten 2 side that were way down on confidence (tigers, warriors) and then the Titans who suck as much as we do. I am dumbfounded that anyone thinks we played well against the roosters who had a 50% competion rate. Yes our 7 and 9 are weak spots and have been for years but McCullough, Hunt and Norman are hardly world beaters.

The club has developed a strong losing culture rivalling that of Souths and losing 1 or 2 players to injury every week cannot be put down to bad luck. Some drastic changes are needed within the club.

Latest posts