What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd whatever v Sharkies

Bay56

First Grade
Lying just outside the 8 a win on a cold Canberra winters night will get us into the eight (if we win by more than 5).

Heck we're even favourites on SportsBet ... can we jump this hurdle of expectation ... more than often in the past we've stumbled.

To say I'm not convinced we'll win would be an understatement ... recent form, albeit against injury depleted sides, would indicate we can do it ... but winning three games in a row isnt a strong point on the Raiders resume ... No Joel out wide, this may be what tips it for the Sharkies.

Brimmer told me that +ve thinking (and a prayer) should get us through ... well it's 3 hail mary's before I go to sleep on this Sunday Night.

GO THE RAIDERS!!

Last edited:

BWNB

First Grade
Should be a good game, its the toss of a coin job, we win this we stay in first for another 2 weeks and we lose... well... i dunno anyways heres to a good game.

mongoose

Coach
In all honesty we should win this comfortably. We have hit some blistering form, we are at home on a cold monday night and the sharks are without there 2 best players. However it is the sharks, they could just frustrate us out of the game with their slow ugly brand of football.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
I am not totally convinced about our form. Watching a replay of the Bulldogs game, if it wasn't for Milne's try right on half time we would of only gone in 2 points ahead of a badly understrength team. We need to start like we did against the Storm and Broncos and then go on with it. Sounds like the forwards are fired up for a big one so remain confident of victory.

Bay56

First Grade
I am not totally convinced about our form. Watching a replay of the Bulldogs game, if it wasn't for Milne's try right on half time we would of only gone in 2 points ahead of a badly understrength team. We need to start like we did against the Storm and Broncos and then go on with it. Sounds like the forwards are fired up for a big one so remain confident of victory.

Ditto mate ... also agree with you assessment regarding Milne's try before half time ... just before that I was thinking that the Dogs effort in TYC would be repeated in FG ...

... then again I'm a pessimist so ignore my observations ... we will win tonight by a motza :lol:

Brimmer

Juniors
Ditto mate ... also agree with you assessment regarding Milne's try before half time ... just before that I was thinking that the Dogs effort in TYC would be repeated in FG ...

... then again I'm a pessimist so ignore my observations ... we will win tonight by a motza :lol:

Hey Hey! That's more like it! :p

green eyed mike

Juniors
What worries me is our right side defence. I think we can match them up the middle and we have some good attacking flair down the right side but I am worried about the Kelly vs Pomeroy match up. We will need to man up in defence.

The Eels looked good for a couple of games too before the Sharks stifled their attack with good line speed and slowing down the play of the ball. Unless we can counter that we will struggle to create opportunities to demonstrate this attacking flair we have seen in the last couple of weeks.

Unlike Bay though I am an optimist. Raiders 1-12.

Bay56

First Grade
What worries me is our right side defence. I think we can match them up the middle and we have some good attacking flair down the right side but I am worried about the Kelly vs Pomeroy match up. We will need to man up in defence.

The Eels looked good for a couple of games too before the Sharks stifled their attack with good line speed and slowing down the play of the ball. Unless we can counter that we will struggle to create opportunities to demonstrate this attacking flair we have seen in the last couple of weeks.

Unlike Bay though I am an optimist. Raiders 1-12.

correct and incorrect mikey