What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roach leaves Manly for Tigers

smeghead

Bench
Your forwards didn't do to badly with him there.

Kite went from very average to representing his country

MSIH

Bench
Great news. The man's a joke.

Quoted somewhere saying his priority is with 2gb and calling games. Just what you want in a coach.

Philby said:
When did Daniel Roach sign with u guys. Last time i heard he was still with Yawnian

its his younger brother , and apparently he is a better footy player than daniel. Although the comparisions i heard were based on them playing Rugby Union.

Good too see him choosing to play Rugby league , thats been one dissapointment for me in recent years that sons of former players are going to other codes. I guess they have to choose their own way but it would be nice to see more of them choose League.

Philby

Juniors
Good to hear at least one of the tigers offspring will pull on a tigers jumper, after garry Jacks son playing AFL and Daniel Roach playing Yawnien

Balmain_Boy

A source would be nice, but good news anyway. Good to have Block home.

BTW, Rhys Jack and Curtis Sironen are both in the Balmain lower grades.

brook

First Grade
Philby said:
Good to hear at least one of the tigers offspring will pull on a tigers jumper, after garry Jacks son playing AFL and Daniel Roach playing Yawnien

We have Curtis Sironen, Rhys Jack, Liam Roach, Matt Ryan (son of Trevor) and Joel Brooks (son of Dave) all lining up in various grades next year so we're doing ok for second gen tigers :D

mepelthwack

Juniors
Ha Blocker would of secretly hated Manly anyway, no wonder you guys don't care.

He will put his whole heart into the Tigers and be a great asset for the club again.

SOULS 04

Juniors
he never should have left... i know he didnt have a choice but he should have been alowed to stay.

bit of loyalty

meltiger

First Grade
Philby said:

From all reports Keiran Jack is quite small even by AFL standards. It would be almost impossible for him to play RL at any decent level.

willvillain

Juniors
mepelthwack said:
Ha Blocker would of secretly hated Manly anyway, no wonder you guys don't care.

That's the whole point. He never seemed to have any sort of investment in Manly as a team. Seemed happy to brush off his association with Manly when they were losing, When both teams made the finals in '05, he didn't mention the team that was paying him at all - only the Tigers.

He is and has always been a Tiger through and through. On top of that, he is and has always been, a very ordinary coach. This is the reason that Sheens passed him up for a coaching job 3 years ago, even when Blocker begged. I'm more than happy to see the back of this bloke, and I know which forward pack I'd rather be working with next year.

Latest posts