What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah - origin

evil_p091280

Juniors
I am not a Robbie Farah fan, but just wanted to know what the Tigers fans thought of his performance tonight?

I think he was very ordinary. He has been the best NSW hooker the last 2-3 years, but this year didnt deserve his spot.

Hogged the ball too much, threw some terrible passes and defended poorly. NSW appeared their most dangerous after he went off and Gidley went to hooker.

He certainly wasnt alone in playing bad, and I think there will be at least 6 changes in the game 3 origin team. Hell, what do they have to lose...

Navjot

Juniors
Had a absolute shocker, will be extremly lucky to retain job for game 3 , i dont think any tigers fan on here would disagree with that. Was the worst i think ive ever seen him play. injury or not there are no excuses when it comes to origin, i think robbie has well and truly shot ennis into the hooker role now.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Farah was dreadful sorry but had to be honest for such a bloody good player normally, he was ordinary out of the ruck tonight, could have trouble holding out Ennis for game three. Only thing in his defence was he could still be slightly injured or the pain killer didn't work , apparently pulled up sore after the game so who knows?

Wallace is awful. I can't recall a worse game from an Origin 7. The bloke kicks 30 metres straight down Slater's throat every time (Qld back 3 were very shallow all night_, rolls passes along the ground and basically has no idea how to get a team going forwards.

Robbie didn't have a good game but to be fair, he was the only kicker in the side who found the grass or touch at all.

tiger_nick

Bench
worst game he has ever played in the nrl.

if nsw had of blooded him last year im sure he would have been much better off this series.

Martinplace

Juniors
Agree, he didn't play well, yes he had injuries, but should not be an excuse.

But good news, we may finally have a side that the WT's can compete against, the NSW side was an insult to all who had played for the blues, before them.

macnaz

Staff member
Yep he was very average, his whole style of play seemed totaly differant. A piss weak forward pack going backwards didnt help also a tiny 10 metres all night. But he should have looked to change his strategies to deal with that. I know for a fact that one particular selector hates him so id say he is gooooone for game 3.

Yeah, Ennis will be #9 for game 3.

If they do that I hope to Christ they punt 2/3 of the team. If they base it on that 1 game, there will only be one or two kept.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
As much as Farah was ordinary, I think a lot of it can be put down to the complete overabundance of vagina in the NSW forwards in defence and attack.

Wallace was as dangerous as a teaspoon, Barrett was full of wrong ideas as per usual, someone had to try things.

Farah and Gidley were the only genuine playmakers out there last night.

TimmyB

Juniors
Yep he was very average, his whole style of play seemed totaly differant. A piss weak forward pack going backwards didnt help also a tiny 10 metres all night. But he should have looked to change his strategies to deal with that. I know for a fact that one particular selector hates him so id say he is gooooone for game 3.
Daley?

TimmyB

Juniors
Yeah that's what I figured. I hear Fulton wrap him often enough and I can't imagine McCarthy having any reason to dislike him.

It would be nice to divulge though??

macnaz

Staff member
Im sorry for not saying who, but i really dont think it would be fair of me to say.

super_coach

First Grade
Could not believe how bad Farah went, but no point in flicking him now. I think the selectors will stick by with him for SOO no3. While on the subject Johnny M is a super boot when you compare him to Wallace

Magpies Forever

Juniors
One thing NSW have never learnt from QLD is to have a squad and stick to it- NSW need to keep a solid 20 man squad (inc 3 back ups) and just keep with them. The QLD bunch have mostly been together a long time- they play like a team. NSW play like a bunch of individuals. Also, lets face it, Donning the maroon QLD jersey seems to do more for them than donning the NSW blue. Dunno why, but it does- we just dont seem to have that extra level of passion.

I'm sure Farah's disappointed in his match but stick wiht him a bit longer before he is consigned to oblivion.

Last edited:
Could not believe how bad Farah went, but no point in flicking him now. I think the selectors will stick by with him for SOO no3. While on the subject Johnny M is a super boot when you compare him to Wallace

It was said more than once in our joint last night that Morris would have done much better than Wallace.

Wobbygong

First Grade
I reckon NSW needs to dump Poore, Weyman and Creagh and load the team up with inform Manly forwards.

Just on Farah he was pretty busted last night (pain killers can only do so much) so I can forgive him that one off bad game, the bloke is a superstar and give him another shot in game III.