What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah

Vicious

Bench
More impressed than ever with Robbie Farah over the past 2 games. First he comes back from a highly disappointing SOO game knowing that he`s about to be axed and responded like a champion should with a MOM effort again the Rabbitohs. Then yesterday he shows some of the fire and aggression that has always been lacking in his game. Fire and aggression is the only aspect of the game that Michael Ennis has over Robbie, but to see him fire up yesterday was sensational to watch. He didn`t have as big an individual influence on the game as normal yesterday, but it`s the little things like firing up when needed that can inspire the side and I must say i`ve never been prouder than to see Robbie Farah is a Wests Tigers jersey than I was yesterday !!!

RoMo

Juniors
Hahah `fire and aggression'. Michael ennis' `fire and aggression' sees the foreheadless, tralentless, grub of a f**king turd miss more tackles than any forward in the NRL. Robbie plays behind beaten packs most weeks and is light years ahead of any other hooker. I'd love to see smith play with a pack of spastics. He's f**king ordinary

Darth Bobo

I had to pause it when Robbie and Watts were waiting to come back on the field to have a closer look at the damage done to Watts' head :lol:

I also heard that Gibbs wanted him but Robbie said something to the effect of leave him to me, anyone else hear this or can confirm this? Another point for Robbie if true.

macnaz

Staff member
Diid u hear that Farah and Watts are being sited now for fighting.. The NRL is a joke

innsaneink

Referee
Makes me realise just how little passion weve seen such as this shown in WTs colours in the last 10 years, maybe if more of them show that they actually do give a f**k, then more supporters might do likewise regardless of results.

Bennyfro

Juniors
Makes me realise just how little passion weve seen such as this shown in WTs colours in the last 10 years, maybe if more of them show that they actually do give a f**k, then more supporters might do likewise regardless of results.

Very true - Farah getting back at Watts in the scrum really brought the crowd to life and then all of a sudden the Tigers scored a couple of quick tries. That's the "Leichhardt factor", we need to work out how to get more of that going at the SFS and wherever else the club decides to call home.

Go Robbie!

Faffy is the heart and soul of our club.

That is why he is our Captain and signed for the long term.

We have a great young team with experience as well.

Ellis is a gun, Benji, Lawrence, Tuiaki, Moltz + Faffy, we have the making of a great team.

Like we all keep saying we need an angry big bopper and a dominant half and away we go.

Bubbles

TFS85

Juniors
Don't mess with those ghosts of Leichhardt

Phil Gould | July 20, 2009

IF YOU haven't already caught up with the story, the Cowboys were leading 8-0 and seemingly in control of proceedings when their hooker Anthony Watts decided to use Wests Tigers rake Robbie Farah as his own personal punching bag after the ball had long left a scrum.

Memo to Cowboys players - when you visit Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday afternoon it's a bit like the advice you give your children when you take them to the zoo: "You can go and look at the Tigers, but just don't rattle their cage. They get very upset."

When the next scrum packed down only minutes later, the ghosts of Leichhardt Oval and all past players were looking down on the Tigers pack. They gave Farah the nod as if to say: "You know what to do now, my son." Farah and his mates didn't let their predecessors down. As soon as this second scrum packed their big boys held the North Queensland big boys aside, so Farah could dance one-on-one with his attacker.

Half a dozen well-directed left hooks later and Watts was on the ground, Farah stood over his fallen rival, the Tigers fans were on their feet, the two bantamweights were sent to the sin bin, and from that point the game was as good as over. The Leichhardt gods nodded their approval, sat back down in their seats, and watched the home side proceed to run away with the contest, 34-14. Social and sporting commentators will now debate the rights and wrongs of these events. Political correctness and the effects these incidents supposedly have on "Little Johnny's mummy" will no doubt dominate discussions.

My opinion is very simple - IT WAS BLOODY GREAT!

End of story.

LMAO

DanOz

Juniors
Oh my - I actually agree with everything Phil Gould just wrote...

I loved it. If Farah had let him get away with it, everyone would be cheap shotting him from here til eternity. After seeing Watts head post round 2, they may now think twice.

Comparing Ennis to Farah gives me the absolute sh*ts. Farah makes twice the tackles per game and misses half as many - go figure. As for Ennis having mongrel, he RAN AWAY from a fight in Origin. He has no ticker, no attack, no defense and is simply not even fit to walk in Farah's shadow. Farah is class, Ennis is a grub - nothing more to say imo.

b.bear

Juniors
has anyone noticed robbie of late ,although he playing really good footy he seems to look very tired like he needs a rest.can we rest him for 1 week and i mean from everything just to pep him up for the busines end of the season maybe beginning this week against the sharks...just a thought

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Ever since being dropped from Oranges, I don't think he has been quite the same player. His last great game was against the Rabbits. In saying that he is still playing good football and still dangerous, doing a lot of work at 9 and 7 as well as defensively. We can't afford to rest him at this stage.

Juniors
has anyone noticed robbie of late ,although he playing really good footy he seems to look very tired like he needs a rest.can we rest him for 1 week and i mean from everything just to pep him up for the busines end of the season maybe beginning this week against the sharks...just a thought

agree, he does look a little lathargic. i dont think we can afford to rest him though.

perhaps he could start off the bench and have morris starting at 9. morris is ok at hooker and robbie would benifit by playing half the time per game coming inot semis, if in fact that is the problem.

having said that robbie was filthy coming off the bench after back surgery, i couldnt imagine him being too happy doing that now.