What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah

hybrid_tiger

Coach
All those who told all and sundry he wasn't an Origin player, wasn't tough enough, has no heart, has no ticker, can't tackle, is not a big game player etc. etc. please step forward and receive your humble pie.

What a player!

:clap::clap::clap:

Jono078

Referee
Can't blame people for saying that before. He's definitely proved a lot of people wrong though.

Awesome to call him our hooker for NSW!

Danish

Referee
He was immense tonight. Absolutely brilliant.

Pearce was solid in not creative, while carney actually started to find his feet in the 2nd half.

The NSW spine is slowly coming together :cool:

Juniors
Epic performance tonight, what the stats don't show is his consistsnt line speed in defense and his kick chase, that's what makes his 66 tackles so impressive.

Doga

Juniors
I stand by Ennis > Farah in 08/09

Since then though it has been all Farah.

Ennis will never see another rep jersey

anjado

Juniors
Origin player is the dumbest and worst myth NSW have ever come up with. I remember New South Wales not picking Ryan Girdler for like 4 years on the basis he wasn't an origin player but apparently the likes of Terry Hill and Ken McGuinness were despite Girdler constantly running rings around them every time they played each other.

NSW have picked their best squad for years this series and in the first 2 games maybe should of won the series by now.

Farah was always a better player than Michael Ennis he should of been persisted with from about 2006-07 onwards.

It isn't rocket science you pick the best players in their positions and they tend to do the best and you find the right balance i.e picking 3-4 front rowers.

How many truly great players have NSW had that weren't origin players ?

Usually the guys who fail are the likes of Brett White,Jason King,Ben Creagh. Guys who are lucky to be selected.

farmeister

Juniors
Regardless of form, the point is that Farah is much more of a multidimensional player than Ennis or Buderus. Farah's dummy half running and kicking are far ahead of those two. That alone is enough to give Queensland headaches. They can't just concentrate on lining up to smash the first receiver -- they always have to be on the lookout for the dummy half as well.

In contrast, if Ennis wanted to kick the ball, based on his kicking record in Origin I think the Queenslanders would deliberately stand back and let him kick!

If NSW had halves like Lockyer and Thurston none of this would matter so much, and Buderus would probably have been an OK option this year. But we don't have great halves, and we really need a hooker who can take some of the pressure off them. Farah is doing that.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
All those who told all and sundry he wasn't an Origin player, wasn't tough enough, has no heart, has no ticker, can't tackle, is not a big game player etc. etc. please step forward and receive your humble pie.

What a player!

:clap::clap::clap:
Steve Roach being one of the worst offenders there.
To think Farah was third in line behind Buderus & Ennis ...:crazy::roll:

hutch

First Grade
I stand by Ennis > Farah in 08/09

Since then though it has been all Farah.

Ennis will never see another rep jersey

at no stage has ennis ever been a better player or better option for nsw than farah. farah should of been there for the last 5 years, he was unbelievable tonight!

at no stage has ennis ever been a better player or better option for nsw than farah. farah should of been there for the last 5 years, he was unbelievable tonight!

no___just_no_by_innocentmarina-d4paj5d.gif

Props to Farah though he was tremendous tonight and I really think he deserved MOTM !

Jason Maher

Immortal
Origin player is the dumbest and worst myth NSW have ever come up with. I remember New South Wales not picking Ryan Girdler for like 4 years on the basis he wasn't an origin player but apparently the likes of Terry Hill and Ken McGuinness were despite Girdler constantly running rings around them every time they played each other.

NSW have picked their best squad for years this series and in the first 2 games maybe should of won the series by now.

Farah was always a better player than Michael Ennis he should of been persisted with from about 2006-07 onwards.

It isn't rocket science you pick the best players in their positions and they tend to do the best and you find the right balance i.e picking 3-4 front rowers.

How many truly great players have NSW had that weren't origin players ?

Usually the guys who fail are the likes of Brett White,Jason King,Ben Creagh. Guys who are lucky to be selected.

Yet again, you're wrong about Creagh. He was the Dragons player of the year in 2009 and 2010, and for good reason. He has been a gun for the Dragons over a long period of time (not this year, unfortunately), and definitely deserved his original selection. What he hasn't deserved is to be continually selected after a number of quiet games at Origin level. Trying to use him as an impact player was never going to work. He's an 80 minute player for the Dragons.

Pazza

First Grade
loved when Farrah smashed Slater and then rubbed his head in the dirt! thats origin!