What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah

dragoncountry

Juniors
I think the time is right to get Farah. we will get 2 yrs for 1 with the tigers having to pay most of next years salary.
reasons being, I think all this chasing of other halves and innuendo about Marshall is destablelising to not only Marshalls form but the whole team. widdop has no confidence they are our two main sparks.
Rein is overpriced and overrated, let him go to England and get the cash, may come back a better and more mature player.
in the meantime I think if we have all this money to throw around we save it for 2018 when the big deals will be done.use the money to upgrade our young promising players before we lose them. get Farah now (for cheap) he will bring out the best in Benji. the flow on will be these two playing good football will bring players to our club. i.e. Moses. Woods. at the moment we have no bargaining tools to attract anyone of great talent. I reckon there would be other tigers players there that would leave in a heartbeat once Farah is shown the door with the way he's been treated. do you think he will have hunger and a point to prove?? Hell YES he will.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Would take him over Rein any day of the week but would he come to us.
We seem to have been once again brushed off by Corey Norman this time.
The club and its recruitment are a basket case. Farrah over Rein and a new coach would be a good start at least.

Red V for life

Juniors
It's sad. Our recruitment is about who we can get rather than who we really want atm.

If Farah were to reject our offer (if one were made), it would be utterly embarrassing. Can you imagine a current Origin player preferring to play reserves than join us?

since77

Juniors
Not a Farah fan, but he's light years ahead of Rein and there few other options available. At the right price, then sigh, I'd take him in a heartbeat if it meant Mitch Rein never pulled on the red V again.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that Farah is too self obsessed and
belligerant to be a good purchase and would prefer an up and coming hooker such as Coster or Robson or try Hutchison who can pass and kick. The good Dragons juniors must be given every opportunity to have a open pathway to First Grade by our under achieving Pathways Director Ian Millwood ("Deadwood").

Old Timer

Coach
If a purchase like Farrah or an extension like Marshall is not going to win you a premiership the very next year then they are extremely dumb decisions.

Now anyone that thinks Benji and Farrah can win us a comp in 2017 is in need of serious help.

Blocking the pathways of those with talent yet to be harvested with people whose talent has been all but exhausted is exactly how we got into this mess.

The true answer to our future lies within our own junior ranks because at this time we will not attract any marquis players. The good ones will reveal themselves in time and some will be created within the correct framework if we create it.

BennyV

Referee
If a purchase like Farrah or an extension like Marshall is not going to win you a premiership the very next year then they are extremely dumb decisions.

Now anyone that thinks Benji and Farrah can win us a comp in 2017 is in need of serious help.

Blocking the pathways of those with talent yet to be harvested with people whose talent has been all but exhausted is exactly how we got into this mess.

The true answer to our future lies within our own junior ranks because at this time we will not attract any marquis players. The good ones will reveal themselves in time and some will be created within the correct framework if we create it.
Agree re: Benji, because we have Hutch or Mann who could play half. But at hooker our best juniors are a few years away. Robson and Allouche are only 18, and while we need to make sure we get the development right (especially for Robson) they are easily 1, if not 2, years away from cracking first grade. On top of this, hooker is easily one of the most difficult development positions on the field; the best junior hookers often take years to fully hit their straps in first grade, eg Jake Friend, Cam McInnes, etc.

Not saying Farah is the answer (in fact, I'm as filthy as anyone that we didn't go for Peats) but he is better than Rein, cheaper than Rein and wouldn't be the worst stop-gap until Robson is ready. Let's be honest, we are going nowhere in 2017 regardless of players unless the coach changes!

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I think we need to do a penrith keep all our best juniors. Which my be a few more losses but in the long run better for us. We may have to be not so great for a couple more years then be better off. The the great young guys coming through will want to stay as they see there mates making it. They will strive to do the same. And we will be a true club again not just a group of footballers with little or no heart

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
I think we need to do a penrith keep all our best juniors. Which my be a few more losses but in the long run better for us. We may have to be not so great for a couple more years then be better off. The the great young guys coming through will want to stay as they see there mates making it. They will strive to do the same. And we will be a true club again not just a group of footballers with little or no heart
Exactly the path the Club needs to be taking/ it would show commitment and a plan to rebuild using best of current crop of players and the juniors! I would applaud the Club to just make this simple step!!!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Agree re: Benji, because we have Hutch or Mann who could play half. But at hooker our best juniors are a few years away. Robson and Allouche are only 18, and while we need to make sure we get the development right (especially for Robson) they are easily 1, if not 2, years away from cracking first grade. On top of this, hooker is easily one of the most difficult development positions on the field; the best junior hookers often take years to fully hit their straps in first grade, eg Jake Friend, Cam McInnes, etc.

Not saying Farah is the answer (in fact, I'm as filthy as anyone that we didn't go for Peats) but he is better than Rein, cheaper than Rein and wouldn't be the worst stop-gap until Robson is ready. Let's be honest, we are going nowhere in 2017 regardless of players unless the coach changes!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

. "Let's be honest, we are going nowhere in 2017 regardless of players unless the coach changes"........

You've got that in a nutshell...end of story

Gareth67

First Grade
. "Let's be honest, we are going nowhere in 2017 regardless of players unless the coach changes"........

You've got that in a nutshell...end of story
I wonder if we get Robbie , put him in as coach , and then ask Paul to get his boots out of storage , and put him in as hooker ?
Problem solved !
Hell , and here I am wasting my time raising hogs , when I could be of invaluable assistance to the Board .