What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbo vs Chalk

raidz3r

Juniors
quin you are an idiot, stop trying to make evryone change there opinion on chalk. suddenly robbo has a good game (first in years) and you see an opportunity to make a chalk bashing thread.

anybody with half a brain would know chalks a better player then robbo, i dont care what position he plays in. chalk has shown us that he has huge potential, he has done some incredible things while playing for us. Robbo has absolutely no talent and is a very one-dimentional winger (much like your freind purtell). i dont know how you could try and compare the two.

paulquinn49

Bench
how long can chalk live on potential though? f**k man its been a year and he still cant hold a spot.

im not trying to make anyone change their mind, i was asking a question, one you seemed to miss, seeing as though you made your dislike of Robbo clear from the start.

Mal Meninga

Bench
So Robbo scored around 7 tries... 3 of which came in one game vs Souths. Not exactly something you'd write home about......

thickos

First Grade
Mal Meninga said:
So Robbo scored around 7 tries... 3 of which came in one game vs Souths. Not exactly something you'd write home about......

Quoted for truth.

Fact is (if he played all of Manly's games, cbf'ed looking up his stats), he's scored 7 from 26 games... batting at about 25% strike rate again. Sounds similar to his strike rate at the Raiders... in fact i think that was worse (15 tries in 70 games or something?).

In reality he's not a very potent winger at all, and while he puts his hand up for a lot of work IMO he's not that good. Just solid.

Chalk has more to his game but the guy needs a regular position in the side. At least Robbo knows he is a winger.

dubby

Bench
paulquinn49 said:
how long can chalk live on potential though? f**k man its been a year and he still cant hold a spot.

im not trying to make anyone change their mind, i was asking a question, one you seemed to miss, seeing as though you made your dislike of Robbo clear from the start.

:roll:

Dude, Elliot used CHalk as a utility, mainly as a forward. I think Chalk played on the wing twice all year. He is NOT a recognised winger; he is a fullback.

Get over yourself.

paulquinn49

Bench
Get over myself, because I rate another player? you deadsh*t.

Chalk has no positional play, at either fullback or Wing.

dubby

Bench
Hypocrite!

How can you be free to rate Robbo and we cant rate Chalk?

You want to rate Robbo, fine. Just dont go shooting your mouth off at others who dont. Some prefer Chalk, some dont.

paulquinn49

Bench
I encouraged debate you idiot, incase you didnt notice this whole thread was people argueing their point, then you came in telling me to get over myself.

Back onto the Robbo vs Chalk. Most teams tend to have wingers that arent tryscorers, more grinders and workers. I reckon Robbo still offers as much as any other winger in any team, what he doesnt do in attack he can make up for in his work and defence.

SOULS 04

Juniors
wingers should be try scorers... at least good finishers... that is one place i think robbo has definatley improved.

would still take chalk though. I'd love to see them go head to head on the wing... i reckon chalk would monster him.

paulquinn49

Bench
No way Souls dood, maybe if Chalk was in the centres and Robbo was on the wing it would be a better contest, wing on wing, I think Robbo would come out looking better.

Chalk is no winger, I have no idea what he is. Raiders have better options than Chalk in the positions most would want him picked, and I think the days of Raiders needing a utility died in round 1 this year when Tongue became a starter.

jed

First Grade
thickos said:
Fact is (if he played all of Manly's games, cbf'ed looking up his stats), he's scored 7 from 26 games... batting at about 25% strike rate again. Sounds similar to his strike rate at the Raiders... in fact i think that was worse (15 tries in 70 games or something?).

In reality he's not a very potent winger at all, and while he puts his hand up for a lot of work IMO he's not that good. Just solid.

Chalk has more to his game but the guy needs a regular position in the side. At least Robbo knows he is a winger.

Robbo played 25 games all season, and scored 8 tries. Omitting the Souths game where he scored a treble, he scored 5 times in 24 games, which is a lot closer to his Raiders strike-rate.

The problem is, he's not the sort of guy that creates tries like Matai, Bell or Stewart, he's someone that tends to be in the right place at the right time.

in all fairness....this has been robbos best season...he has stayed injury free and only missed round one.
and also how many of you actually watched manly games this year? i only missed 2 of manlys games...in nearly every game he could have scored but matai doesnt pass out to him....jus ask the manly supporters they would agree with me.

paulquinn49

Bench
Pretty weak arguement the 3 tries vs Souths, everyone here was all over Chalk when he scored 4 vs Souths...

jed

First Grade
Chalk was a newish player, almost on debut - ANY player that scores 4 tries is going to create a buzz.

Robbo played 60 games for us (mostly on the wing), and scored only 15 tries. In Chalk's 56 games, he's scored 14 tries, with a lot (including most of this season) coming off the bench late in the game or playing in the forwards.

Raider Jack

Juniors
What we need from our wingers is if they aren't try scoring guns, which most aren't in the majority of the comp, then they need to deflect pressure from our main try scorers, so they are free to work their plays without getting shat on from the opposition.

paulquinn49

Bench
jed said:
Chalk was a newish player, almost on debut - ANY player that scores 4 tries is going to create a buzz.

Robbo played 60 games for us (mostly on the wing), and scored only 15 tries. In Chalk's 56 games, he's scored 14 tries, with a lot (including most of this season) coming off the bench late in the game or playing in the forwards.

Who cares if he was new, as you pointed out with your post before, it was only Souths, you cant go change your tune midway through because Chalk had played fewer games.

If Souths are crap competiton for Robbo to score against, theyre crap for Chalk aswell.

The day of the Raiders utility is dead. If Henry recognises this, Chalk is in trouble.

jed

First Grade
I was responding to your point that people went crazy for him, surely you can see that?

Mal Meninga

Bench
Has Chalk seriously been given a shot at a regular spot in the side? He played lights out when Schif was injured but that doesn't even compare to the seasons that Gafa, Bulgarelli, Howell, Purtell and other backs were given to prove themselves.

Latest posts