What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Finch on talkin sport

I saw part of it. He was on about the NRL taking a stance and the right stance. He did say that the refs have been and will remain vigilant on contact to the neck and head etc. Blah blah, tug, tug, I lost interest really.

Eels Dude

Coach
Some of you guys are too harsh on the refs. They've got too big a job to do for one person. Rugby league is already a hard enough game to referee without having to worry about grapples and chicken wings. If the NRL could simplify the rules a bit they'd be doing a lot better job. I don't really want to refs on the field at the same time, but unless the NRL can get rid of this dominant, surrender, wrestling stuff, it's going to have to happen if we want clear decisions.

Chachi

Bench
The onfield refs are doing a pretty decent job under the circumstances in most cases.

Robert Finch is just a complete tool who has his head stuck up his arse.

As do most of the video refs...and the useless touch judges.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Finch was very poor in that interview. It came through really clear that he is getting no direction at the top from Gallop and co.

He seemed lost during the interview and Graeme Hughes virtually talked him into the idea of ringing the four remaining coaches in the comp and warning them about the grapple.

It was sad listening. Good on Hughes' part for asking the hard questions, but sad on Finch and the entire NRL organisation's behalf.

the stranglers

Juniors
I'm just glad he finally pinged Smith.

I find it hard to believe he has no pressure though.

He's a servant of two masters; and one of those masters is a corporate behemoth. They're both fighting it out to be top dog. At the moment, News must be winning, otherwise Storm's wrestling wouldn't be desroying the game. It's also destroying the game in Melbourne because Melbournians are so chickensh*t, they will never let their children play rugby league after watching the Storm play.

That's why we need an independent commission to run rugby league.
And now.

Twigg

Juniors
Robert Finch said that pathetic recruitment agencies all over NSW are hoplessly searching for more useless, pathetic, evil referees for the 2009 season and beyond.

Gallop grow some balls and sack this tosser.