What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Finch: we got it wrong - AGAIN

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
f**k Manly, they robbed us of a finals spot in 2005 from sh*t refereeing by Mander so hopefully they're eliminated this year by sh*t refereeing.

What does the Souffs game have to do with the Manly game? Are you forgetting a week later against the Dogs Badger tried to rob us blind or their best efforts to keep Brisbane alive a week later?

f**k off troll.

*sniff*

Why have a video ref when they get it wrong so often. Please lets get rid of the video ref and go back to the one ref on the field. All these extra refs just increases the mistakes they make.

CMUX

Actually, the correct decision was no try, scrum to the roosters. committing obstruction after a knock on does not nullify the knock on.

Jesus christ even when Finch is correcting an incorrect decision he still gets it wrong.

Interesting as well that he did not comment on the non-send off of Stewart.

100% right.

I don’t know where this “it should have been a penalty” is coming from as the loose ball was the result of a knock on.

I’m still not convinced that the try should have been pulled back anyways; I have seen a lot worse decisions this year.

Matai certainly seemed to make a miraculous recovery after he figured out no penalty was coming… maybe he just got sick of being a turnstile for SKD.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Maybe he can explain why he wouldn't have awarded this try but was comfortable with the decision to give the try to Falou in which he dropped the ball.. I think he wouldn't explain why in public.. bring on the independant commission and get rid of these dubious people like Finch out of the game.

skeepe

Immortal
Actually, the correct decision was no try, scrum to the roosters. committing obstruction after a knock on does not nullify the knock on.

You might be quite surprised to find out that you're incorrect there.

A penalty may be awarded if a player is prevented from getting to a loose ball even if the reason that the ball is loose is that he has knocked it forward.

Last edited:

Sloth

Juniors
Bad reffing has cost every team this year, at least they are consistent in this regard. Every supporter of the game has a right to have a whinge as they are ruining the game we love. As fans we should be united on this and demand that changes be made.
In saying that I do not agree that the video ref has to go as they only get about 2% wrong when it is referred to them. Finch must go for starters as things have gone backwards since he has been in charge.

Danish

Referee
You might be quite surprised to find out that you're incorrect there.

A penalty may be awarded if a player is prevented from getting to a loose ball even if the reason that the ball is loose is that he has knocked it forward.

Yep, just read that rule.

Apparently it is illegal to obstruct offside players as well, with no stipulation made on whether or not this applies to only defenders who are offside.

This is seemingly the rule which has seen defenders penalised for tackling decoy runners who have run past the ball into an offside position over this season.

Seems like a rather ridiculous rule and one that rightfully is rarely applied by referees out of sheer common sense as whenever it is applied, it comes off as a wrong decision.

dice

Juniors
Finch should have apologised to the Roosters for not sending Stewart off. Regardless of the SKD try the Roosters would have lapped the Sea Eagles and would be sitting one position higher on the ladder.

IMO, the SKD try was correct call anyway. Mattai fell to the ground with an injured knee and not because Perrett held him back.

dragon_around

Juniors
What would have been the decision if the video had picked up both Matai getting taken out and the Lyon elbow?

No try but a penalty to Roosters?

No try but a penalty to Manly?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I never thought I'd be grateful my team didn't make the finals, but at least we won't be in a position to lose a Grand Final because of these geese who continually make incorrect calls. And don't say it won't happen, because everyone knows it will, it's just a matter of when.

bennoonthehill

Juniors
Finch should have apologised to the Roosters for not sending Stewart off.

You're probably right there, Stewart should have gone.

Regardless of the SKD try the Roosters would have lapped the Sea Eagles and would be sitting one position higher on the ladder.

This is foolish. Manly had until that point been the better team. Anything that happened after that 'try' is moot, as had it been referreed correctly the rest of the game would have unfolded differently. Sure, Manly should not have let frustration make them play sh*t for that final 30 minutes, and sure, maybe they'd have played sh*t for entirely different reasons, but the fact is that no-one will ever know.

IMO, the SKD try was correct call anyway. Mattai fell to the ground with an injured knee and not because Perrett held him back.

You have every right to your opinion, but in this case your opinion is wrong.

dice

Juniors
You're probably right there, Stewart should have gone.

This is foolish. Manly had until that point been the better team. Anything that happened after that 'try' is moot, as had it been referreed correctly the rest of the game would have unfolded differently. Sure, Manly should not have let frustration make them play sh*t for that final 30 minutes, and sure, maybe they'd have played sh*t for entirely different reasons, but the fact is that no-one will ever know.

You have every right to your opinion, but in this case your opinion is wrong.

My opinion is wrong because it differs from yours?or because it differs from that soon to be sacked hack Finch?

Matai fell to the ground because of an accidental knee collision. This is FACT. The only question that needed to be asked by the video ref is did any subsequent contact by Perrett affect the resultant play. My OPINION is Matai was falling to the ground anyway and could not make a play at the ball. I am pretty sure that is how the video ref saw it.

^_^

Juniors
When you say accidental knee collision that seems to include the number 5's arms going around Matai cause thats not jst a knee collision, he was goin for the quick tackle but the problem was the ball was 2 metres in front of Matai so the winger jumped the gun on Matai = got taken without the ball.

Watch it here 2.15mins i think your wrong about it jst bein an accidental knee collision cause he had his arms around him attempting the tackle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJNOTfEGuE

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Gee the knock on being suggested is 50/50 at best, and watching it again Perrett went straight for matai restricting any chance of getting to the ball, or getting to SKD.
Bad call, but roosters were still too good for the next 30 min as eagles completely dropped their bottom lips.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Seems everyone will get their wish, DT and Steve Mascord are reporting Finch will step down at the end of the year.

Latest posts